Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/20/2018, 07:33 PM   #1
Chris918
Registered Member

Stocking my Red Sea Reefer 350.

Hello everyone. I am looking for some opinions and suggestions for my Reefer. The total volume is 91 gallons with a 73 gallon display. It is 4 feet long, 21 inches tall and 20 inches wide. I am trying to plan out my fish list ahead of time, however I am having some trouble deciding and would love some info from some more experienced reefers since I've never had a tank this big. Please keep in mind this tank is bare bottom.

I look forward to hearing any suggestions and discussing them with you all.

Chris918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/20/2018, 10:34 PM   #2
Anemone
Cloning Around

It would be better if you told us what fish YOU are interested in possibly keeping, then we could tell you the good, bad and the ugly. A 4 foot tank can handle an awful lot of different types of fish; it really depends upon what you are interested in.

For example, in my 425 XL Red Sea Reef (also a 4 ft. tank, but slightly larger than yours), I have:

- 1 Hepatus Tang
- 1 Yellow Philippine Tang
- 4 Orange Anthias (1 male, three females)
- 2 Maroon Clowns
- 1 Yellow Watchman Goby (with Alpheus pistol shrimp partner)
- 1 Flameback Pygmy Angel
- 1 Yellow-Tailed Blue Damsel
- 1 Royal Gramma
- 1 Matted Filefish
- 2 Bangaii Cardinals

This is quite a few fish for a tank this size (especially a reef), but I am comfortable with all of these fish and like the mix and activity.

FWIW,
Kevin

Current Tank Info: Red Sea 425XL w/Kessil AP700, Vertex 180i Skimmer, 2 x Vortech MP40s
Anemone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/20/2018, 11:46 PM   #3
Chris918
Registered Member

Hey Kevin.

I have looked at many different species I'm interested in, but I tend to run into some issue. Blue Tang: my tank isn't large enough. Yellow Tang: my tank isn't large enough. Anthias: need to be fed constantly when I normally only feed once every two days, Firefish: jump out of a tank without a lid like mine. Flame Angel: Nips at SPS like I want to keep. It seems for a lot of this fish I want there is a setback haha

Chris918 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fish advice, fish stock help, fish stock plan, red sea reefer