Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > LPS Keepers > LPS Identification
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/25/2019, 02:09 PM   #1
bryson.bobby
Registered Member

Don’t give up on your corals...

I originally wrote this up for my build thread, but I wanted more people to see how resilient and overcoming certain corals can be if given a chance.

I acquired a small candycane colony from a friend back in February before my 55 gal was cycled. I then decided to put it in my 3 yr old 20 gal nano because I figured it had a better chance surviving, (20 gal only has a hob filter and insufficient lighting for lps). Long story short, it didn’t do well in the 20.

Here’s a pic of it in the 20

I actually posted a thread about the candycane dying and someone recommended me to add it to the 55 since it done with the cycle and starting the diatom stage.

Here it is after adding it to the 55 (sorry about the picture quality, The pic was originally of the whole tank)

A month or two after adding it to the 55, I noticed that some polyps was starting to recover, as crazy as that sounds. However, vermetid snails started to grow over some of the weaker polyps, causing them to die. (The whole back side of the colony was overran with them)

After an unsuccessful attempt of removing the veremitds, I decided to frag the candycane and left only 3 healthy polyps.

Here’s all of the frags as of 7/25/19

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bryson.bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/25/2019, 06:49 PM   #2
bryson.bobby
Registered Member

Bump

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bryson.bobby is offline   Reply With Quote