Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Tunze
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/05/2010, 08:39 AM   #201
rvitko
RC Sponsor

The drivers are no longer made and have been out of stock since February. They cannot be repaired. Your assessment may be correct but the 7240.270 driver was stronger, it was made to support the wavebox and 6200 and its development coincided with those pumps which needed a higher starting power. My guess is that the pumps are partially jammed or the drive units are worn past the optimal point and that it is not a bad driver, it is just the 7240.270 can produce more power to overcome the higher drag of worn or dirty drive units. 7240.270 came out in late 2004 so we have to assume at least the older pump was made before late 2004 and if the drive unit is still original it is past due for replacement, 6100.700 may solve the problem.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/12/2010, 06:51 PM   #202
thichmt
Registered Member

Hi there, I have a 6100.10 attached to 7240.27 driver. Alarm has been going off even after cleaning and soaking in diluted vinegar solution. Can i send this item in for servicing and please confirm shipping address. thanks

thichmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/13/2010, 09:28 AM   #203
rvitko
RC Sponsor

We only handle the sales and service for the US, you would need to contact Phil Gilbert and Xenia, he is the distributor for Canada.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Unread 10/13/2010, 10:42 AM   #204
delphinus
Registered Member

Sorry, is that "Phil Gilbert" aka "Xenia" on RC, or are those two separate individuals? If so are they both on RC? (I ask since I'm in Canada too and since my problem sounds similar to thichmt's - only that I have one of the older drivers as well as the newer). I was going to try a replacement drive unit as you've suggested since this is an inexpensive experiment to see if it fixes things for me. Failing that then I could maybe contact the distribution point for Canada since that's where I am. Thanks!

Current Tank Info: 280g Reef, 65g FOWLR
delphinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/13/2010, 12:10 PM   #205
rvitko
RC Sponsor

I would contact him from his webpage

http://www.xeniainc.com/

Unread 06/29/2011, 05:57 PM   #206
acronaut
Registered Member

Hey, I spoke with you over the phone today regarding my tunze turbelle stream 6101 not working. I followed the instructions and disassembled the impeller (which was stuck in the housing as mentioned in the procedures) I cleaned it and soaked it in vinegar. I plugged ot back in and Im still getting the beeping and the pump is not pushing any water. I can hear the pump running but the impeller won't kick on. What do I need to do?

acronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/30/2011, 08:51 AM   #207
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Send it in, if we cannot repair it, we will discount an upgrade to a 6105, it sounds like you have a 6100, 6101 had no alarm. My guess is the pump is labeled 6100.100 or it may be a very last model 6100.100 with 6101 sticker.

Unread 06/30/2011, 08:52 AM   #208
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Tunze USA
305 Victor St
Austin, TX 78753

Be sure to include return address and phone number.

Unread 07/03/2011, 05:28 AM   #209
bilpiper
Registered Member

Roger, I have a 6201, has rectangular transformer number 6300.240. Pump no longer works, impeller moves freely but it will not come on. When I put transformer on a 2nd 6201 that pump works fine. Can I send for repair? If so could you please provide address?

Bill

bilpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/05/2011, 08:06 AM   #210
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Bill,

They are a sealed unit, and there is little that can be done unless it is just an impeller issue, but I am happy to check it out and worst case scenario, we will discount a new pump.

Tunze USA
305 Victor St
Austin, TX 78753

Unread 07/07/2011, 03:01 PM   #211
acronaut
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvitko View Post
Send it in, if we cannot repair it, we will discount an upgrade to a 6105, it sounds like you have a 6100, 6101 had no alarm. My guess is the pump is labeled 6100.100 or it may be a very last model 6100.100 with 6101 sticker.

Hey man, i sent the pump out today, LMK if u need anything else thanks for the great customer service thus far

acronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/07/2011, 03:37 PM   #212
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Thanks, did you include your contact info in the box?

Unread 01/29/2012, 11:32 PM   #213
Crabby2004
Registered Member

Hi Roger,

I have one older model 6200 or 6201 pump (round puck power supply, aluminum box controller) that is not working, and when I plug it in the alarm sounds. Can this pump be serviced? It doesn't appear broken, as the shaft/magnet looks OK and was not blocked.

I also have a 7095 that is not working. I have two 7095s and tested the same pumps with both. I still have the same symptoms reported in the message I sent you in Aug (below). Can this be serviced?

Please advise...

Thanks.

Jonathon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvitko
What model pumps are being used? My best guess is one pump has an issue and I would try adding the pumps back to the controller 1 at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabby2004
I have a 7095 controller that was controlling 4 pumps. Recently all of the lights started flashing, with cycling between the left and right pairs of pumps, and cycling between 100% and low power. The flashing is fast (cycles at about 1 flash per 0.5s).

Any ideas as to what might be wrong?

Thanks,

Current Tank Info: 210G SPS tank
Crabby2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/30/2012, 10:39 AM   #214
rvitko
RC Sponsor

It is unlikely the 6200 can be saved, I would have to see it, but if the drive unit is in good shape, the cause would be a dead motor and the motor is no longer made.

Regarding the 7095, there is very little that can be repaired, generally the board must be replaced.

You are welcome to send them both in.

Tunze USA
305 Victor St
Austin, TX 78753

Unread 03/09/2012, 04:34 PM   #215
Crabby2004
Registered Member

Roger,

The new controller and y-adapter has been running for a couple of weeks now with no issues until today. I heard the controller alarm going off (high pitched whine noise) and noticed that one of the pumps that is paired on a y-adapter channel was not running. When I unplugged that pump the whine did not stop. However, when I unplugged the other pump from that y-adapter channel, the whine did stop and the pump that was previously not running started to run again.

Suggestions as to what might be going on and what needs to be fixed?

Thanks!

Current Tank Info: 210G SPS tank
Crabby2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/12/2012, 09:26 AM   #216
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Usually an alarm is a pump issue, the pump is partially jammed by calcium build up or a foreign object and needs to be cleaned.

I would check this first and if that does not solve it try running the pumps directly connected to the controller, it may be the Y adapter but this would be unusual

Unread 05/27/2012, 01:07 PM   #217
SeanT
Premium Member

Hey Roger,
Long time buddy.

I have a question for you.
I have an old school 6200 and the driver alarm went off.
I had just cleaned it but I took it out and cleaned it again.
I plugged it in and it ran fine for a few days then the alarm went off.
I unplugged it, waited for a few hours, plugged back in and it worked fine.
A few days later the alarm has gone off again.

Is this something I can send to you for service?
I understand that this pump is years out of warranty.

Thanks,
Sean

Current Tank Info: Barebottom (the tank not me...at least not at the moment).
SeanT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/28/2012, 10:49 AM   #218
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Yes, of course. I suspect either it needs a new drive unit or possibly just a new bearing. Good to see you around, Happy Memorial Day!

Tunze USA
305 Victor St
Austin, TX 78753

Unread 06/09/2012, 03:21 PM   #219
SeanT
Premium Member

Thanks Roger,
Sending it out Monday.
Just LMK what I owe.
Sean

Current Tank Info: Barebottom (the tank not me...at least not at the moment).
SeanT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/18/2012, 02:08 PM   #220
shoprat001
Registered Member

Is this address still current to send in pumps for repairs? I have a 6100 I cleaned and am still getting the driver alarm.

Tunze USA
305 Victor St
Austin, TX 78753

Thanks
Norm Morton

shoprat001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/19/2012, 10:30 AM   #221
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Yes, but please be aware that very little can be done for a 6100 as the motors and drivers have not been available since 2009. In general repair will be with used parts if possible or an upgrade to a 6105 which is about $200. Be sure to include a note with return address and phone number.

Unread 01/23/2013, 11:33 PM   #222
Voxboy
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvitko View Post
On newer 6000, 6100, 6200 and wavebox pumps this one piece drive unit is used. It can be retrofitted on older pumps though it can be slightly noisier. You can expect the noise to be + or - a few db over the 6100.60, it varies with the age and wear of your existing pump. It is stronger and easier to clean but the main reason for the change was to speed up production. These drive units CANNOT be use on a 6060 or 6080. Parts 6100.70 are for 6000 and 6100 and 6200.70 is for the 6200 and wavebox.

Thanks for your help Roger. My pump 6105 is still not working despite receiving the tiny control box from Xenia. I just bought the pump used and not being familiar with the product…I happened to notice that the pump does not have the o ring on the far left of the pic as well as the black "collar" on the far right
Far right of the pic. Could this be a potential cause for the pump to not function (I am assuming yes)…as well as being the cause for the power supply light to flash or dim when the pump is connected??

Current Tank Info: 130g mixed reef.
Voxboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/24/2013, 09:34 AM   #223
rvitko
RC Sponsor

6105 is completely different design, the parts shown above would not be present. A picture of what you have would be helpful as there are two drive unit designs for the 6105 one pre Nov 2011, and one since. The basic drive unit is the same but the shaft is different, removable in the older ones and permanently fixed in the motor in later ones.

Unread 01/24/2013, 11:46 AM   #224
Voxboy
Premium Member

This is everything Roger. Thanks

Current Tank Info: 130g mixed reef.
Voxboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/24/2013, 12:16 PM   #225
rvitko
RC Sponsor

The images don't come up for me. Can you email me Tunze at sbcglobal dot net