Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Blue Zoo Aquatics
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/12/2017, 11:07 AM   #1
PC_LOAD_LTR
Registered Member

Unhappy Read the fine print - slow customer service

I have placed two orders with bluezoo. fish went into a well established tank with clowns, blenny, and gobiesthat I have had for 3+years. the first order included a royal gramma, an urchin, some snails and chromis. the gramma only lasted a day, so I reported a DAA. a week later, they issued a credit. a few months later, only the turbo snail is still alive.

I went to use my credit to finish stocking my tank. this is when I started paying more attention to the fine print. free shipping is based on the total after I apply the credit. I dis not have enough space in my tank for $160 worth of fish, so I paid $40 for shipping two flasher wrasses.

one of the wrasses was barely alive in the bag, and died before acclimation was complete. again, I reported the loss, and they offered store credit. I have replied to the3 email, explaining that this is the last fish I am planning on stocking and am not willing to pay $40 shipping to replace a DOA $40 fish.

I have not had a response to these emails. After a week, I called the customer service number and (I believe his name was Greg) told that I need to explain my situation in the email chain for the DOA report. I sent the email explaining the above a week ago. I have not received any response.

PC_LOAD_LTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/12/2017, 11:28 AM   #2
BlueZooAquatics
RC Sponsor

Thank you very much for the update. Searching through our records, we can't seem to find any cases that resemble yours. You might want to try emailing again possibly making reference to this post so we can match you to the case file. When you email in, please include your order number as well.

We look forward to finding a resolution to your problem that fits within our stated and written policies. Take care.

BlueZooAquatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/20/2017, 09:06 PM   #3
tayriss
Registered Member

Do you only ship red mandarin goby's at certain times of the year? I have been on the waiting list for one for awhile. I see the green are available. Thanks!

tayriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/22/2017, 10:59 AM   #4
BlueZooAquatics
RC Sponsor

Thank you for the question. Red Mandarins are not exactly seasonal but the weather where they are collected has been poor recently so not many, if any, have made their way into the country. If you have the email alert set-up already, then we will email you the second there are some ready to ship to you. Take care.

Unread 05/24/2017, 10:42 AM   #5
PC_LOAD_LTR
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZooAquatics View Post
Thank you very much for the update. Searching through our records, we can't seem to find any cases that resemble yours. You might want to try emailing again possibly making reference to this post so we can match you to the case file. When you email in, please include your order number as well.

We look forward to finding a resolution to your problem that fits within our stated and written policies. Take care.
The first order and issues was Order 542631. Losses reported on 10/30/16, first (non automated) Credit coupon issued on 11/4.

The latest issue was with order 248868Issue reported on 4/20. Credit coupon issued 4/28. I called customer service and sent last follow up email on 5/5.

I will send a follow up email per your comments to see if that gets a response.

Unread 05/24/2017, 10:46 AM   #6
PC_LOAD_LTR
Registered Member

I note that the response time on the forum is 21 minutes from my original post. Impressive. I did not expect that considering how long the DOA claims take.

Unread 05/24/2017, 12:59 PM   #7
BlueZooAquatics
RC Sponsor

Thank you so much for that info! It helps greatly. We will start looking into this for you right away.

It would help greatly if you can send an email to customerservice@bluezooaquatics.com as well. That way a formal case case number can be applied to your inquiry.

As always, we appreciate the business and look forward to working with you again.

Unread 05/27/2017, 08:37 AM   #8
PC_LOAD_LTR
Registered Member

Issue resolved. They issued a refund for the doa wrasse. Its just too bad I had to turn to the forum before i could get this resolved

Unread 06/02/2017, 10:41 PM   #9
shifty51008
12-5 Chiefs record

glad it got resolved but why aren't you qt the fish to begin with? I have ordered from them a few times with nothing but healthy fish but all fish no matter where they come from should be put into a qt process.

also most places that issue store credit still have you order enough for free shipping that doesn't include the store credit to me it is kinda standard on most companies I have seen. but no matter where I order from I always read their policies on DOA's just in case however I have been lucky to never had to use them.

Clownfish breeder
shifty51008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/05/2017, 10:55 AM   #10
PC_LOAD_LTR
Registered Member

I didn't have a setup the first time around. did for the second batch. Fish didn't even survive acclimation to go into QT.

and now the other fish has disappeared. But its outside of the warranty period.

8 fish from local LFS - all doing fine.
7 fish, Urchin and, turbo snails from BlueZoo - Only turbos remaining