Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Carolina Coast Reef Keepers
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 12/22/2011, 04:29 PM   #126
jamesusmc04
Registered Member

Hey North Carolina

Hey everyone, I am new to just about everything (reef tanks, NC, forums). I would like to join Coastal Carolina Reef Keepers, but don't know how. I have had 2 different FOWLER tanks, and have my third set up and cycled. My LFS said I should join a local reef club for insight and hopefully cheap frags. I am looking forward to learning as much as I can about this lifestyle.

jamesusmc04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/2011, 11:31 AM   #127
SeanT
Premium Member

Hi,
If you go to the very first post in this thread, there is a link you can click on.
Sean

Current Tank Info: Barebottom (the tank not me...at least not at the moment).
SeanT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/17/2012, 12:32 AM   #128
Coralkeeper87
Registered Member

Anyone still around?

Coralkeeper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/17/2012, 10:01 PM   #129
SeanT
Premium Member

I am.

Old 05/17/2012, 10:03 PM   #130
SeanT
Premium Member

Many people in this area have migrated over to a local bb...which is more convenient than an email type board.

http://www.carolinafishtalk.com/

Old 05/18/2012, 07:06 AM   #131
tangtang clown
Registered Member

Im here.

Old 11/13/2012, 09:06 PM   #132
jbadenhop
Registered Member

Wink I would like to join

I am located 12 miles from Myrtle Beach South Carolina. I have only found 1 group based in Charlestown S.C. which Im a member there also. I haven't heard from anyone there in a long time and Im still New to the reef scene and have a whole lot of questions that I need answered. I would like to join a club that has activity. I know there is no way I can come to meetings but I can be apart thru the net. Thanks Again
John C Badenhop

jbadenhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/2012, 09:46 AM   #133
raysxb
Registered Member

I live in Myrtle Beach in I've been into saltwater aquariums since 1999 I currently have 5 tanks at my house unfortunately we do not actually have a Reef club or anything here. There's been numerous attempts and no luck to trying to get everybody together and it never quite makes it and falls apart. Bruce, the owner of sea critter Depot in North Myrtle Beach hosted a few get togethers to try to get something going with not alot of luck. I live off of bypass 17 and holmestown rd almost in garden city. Wrlcome

Current Tank Info: 165 gallon custom - 30 gallon
raysxb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/15/2012, 12:02 PM   #134
jbadenhop
Registered Member

Wink Hello MB Conway is in the house!

Hello from Conway, I had a beach house in NMB for years off 23rd ave s, then bought a house on 544 and finally moved to Conway to take care of my Mom, well she thinks shes taking care of me lol. Im glad to see im not the only person around these parts that has invested alot of money and time into these Reef Tanks. Maybe if this Live rock survives we can do some frag swaps. Anyways have a good one and keep on Reefin...
John C B.

jbadenhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/06/2013, 10:12 PM   #135
donges625
Registered Member

Anyone still here? I live in South Eastern Virginia and haven't found a local reef club yet, I would love to join. Where do you meet?

Current Tank Info: 46 gallon Bow Front reef tank
donges625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/16/2013, 01:46 PM   #136
SeanT
Premium Member

Try carolinafishtalk.com

Old 04/16/2015, 02:28 AM   #137
bjomat
Registered Member

Hi guys! Im traveling from Sweden visiting Hilton head island this weekend. Any nearby lfs that you can recommend?

Thanks

bjomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/16/2015, 06:38 AM   #138
raysxb
Registered Member

If you head down to north mytle beach, Sc. There is a small store called sea critters depot. He has a awesome selection of corals etc. You just need to make sure he's open, they are only open 4 days a week. Bruce, the owner is awesome.

http://seacrittersdepot.com/

Current Tank Info: 165 gallon custom - 30 gallon
raysxb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/06/2016, 06:59 PM   #139
11mixedreef
Registered Member

any one still apart of this club? or should I go to the link?

11mixedreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/22/2016, 01:29 PM   #140
Orchid Reefing
Registered Member

Does anyone here achieved success in derimming 40g Breeder? Thanks.

Orchid Reefing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/16/2016, 11:30 AM   #141
DEA Coral
Registered Member

Been there done that.

So, there I was searching for a depot of new critters of the sea and then I saw it. A tiny little shop that was the result of one man's overgrown hobby, Sea Critters Depot. Was this a wish come true? A miracle while on a quest for new things? Or just a mirage? The strange thing was that it was nearly the only coral shop around. They happen to be closed but since they were doing maintenance anyway I was allowed to browse the shop. Even through this shop is very small it took me 30 minutes to see everything and I still think I missed seeing everything. I could have stayed hours but I was in the area to go to the airport so...

What I could have done better was plan on buying corals that day. I have not been back since and I want to go again with a roll of twenties. The prices were very reasonable and if the inventory turnover is not very rapid there are some great colors and species to choose from. I was impressed that a large LPS was only about $40-$50 if I remember it right.

Benefits for shopping in this small shop. For one they know how long they have had a coral in the shop. They have been caring for those type of coral for a period of time and can tell you exactly what has been working for them.

I am a fan. I think it is a great concept that is often poorly executed. An example of poor execution is how the local shops in my area either do not invest in the proper care of corals (because they die in the shop) or the shop owner does not see the benefit of propagating their own corals, likely do to the first issue. Keep in mind that the two shops in my area have been in business for 10-15 years each. This is more than enough time to have propagated coral for the frag market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysxb View Post
If you head down to north mytle beach, Sc. There is a small store called sea critters depot. He has a awesome selection of corals etc. You just need to make sure he's open, they are only open 4 days a week. Bruce, the owner is awesome.

http://seacrittersdepot.com/

-80gal Marine Frag tank, ReefBreeders 48
DEA Coral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/2018, 06:35 PM   #142
Davidb6
Registered Member

I am new to the Savannah area and find very few LFS and clubs. Starting a new tank over the next couple of months and would like to learn where to get some frags

Davidb6 is offline   Reply With Quote