Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/18/2009, 06:33 PM   #1
Dnazta
Registered Member

My New Soon To Be Reef Tank

So here is the start of my soon to be reef tank. I had a saltwater fish tank that was set up in haste about 7 months ago and now i was finally able to move it over to a new display that will become a reef. The specs are as follows:
30g long tank
30g standard as a sump
mag7 as a return
koralia 2
koralia 3
euroreef skimmer
4x54w t5 lighting
aprox. 50lbs of live rock
aprox 30lbs of sand
The sump is divided into three parts with the skimmer on one side, a refugium on the other and a return in the middle. The overflow is divided with most water running to the skimmer side and a very low flow running to the fuge. I used all the water rock and sand from the original tank. I still let it set for 3 weeks to make sure there was no cycle and all my readings stayed at 0. So I moved the fish in. They are a Black Clarkii clown, a regular nemo clown (forgot the name) a chromis, and a diadema basslett. Theres also about 30 bluelegged hermit crabs. I would like to add a couple more fish (not many just like 2 or 3) and gonna start aquiring corals soon. By the way the tank is overskimmed as the euroreef skimmer I have came from a much bigger tank. I dont know the model number but it resembles the euroreef rs 180 (maybe even bigger). Any stocking suggestions or equipment suggestions are appreciated. I will also get some pics

Dnazta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/18/2009, 06:36 PM   #2
Dnazta
Registered Member

my tank 001.jpg

my tank 002.jpg

my tank 004.jpg

my tank 005.jpg

Unread 12/18/2009, 07:42 PM   #3
FirstContact
Registered Member

Hi Dnazta,

Nice looking set up. Good luck with the corals. I only have a few frags. Fish only is sooo much easier. Good Luck!

Current Tank Info: 120g Reef 100g Rubbermaid Sump, 20g Refugium; previous tank: 46g Drilled; Self Plumbed, Birds Nest, Anchor, Xenia, Zoas, Yuma Yuma Ricordea, Chalice, Mushrooms, Brain, Acan, Anenome Plate; Clams, Other Inverts, Fish, Live Rock
FirstContact is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/18/2009, 10:55 PM   #4
Dnazta
Registered Member

yeah i did the fish only for a while and did tons of research on corals. just really want the beauty of a reef tank and am definitely willing to do the work

Unread 12/18/2009, 11:03 PM   #5
spleify
Registered Member

Good luck with the new jump to corals. Just keep an eye on Ca, Mg and ALK. Keep up on water changes and you should be good.

Happy reefing

Current Tank Info: 60 gal SPS cube, with 25 gal refugium, 400W MH, DIY Lumenarc III, DIY skimmer, DIY stand and canopy. 40 breeder LPS with 40 gallon sump, DIY stand, 250W MH
spleify is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/18/2009, 11:12 PM   #6
lil_O_JJ
Registered Member

this looks alot better than my first attempt at a reef tank. I think it probably took me about a year to get it all set up. Good luck.

Unread 12/19/2009, 09:52 PM   #7
jfarris1976
Registered Member

ya good luck I am also trying to do the same.

jfarris1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/20/2009, 02:26 PM   #8
lloydkeller
Registered Member

looks great good luck

lloydkeller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
corals, equipment, fish, skimmers