Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/19/2017, 12:30 PM   #26
static916
Registered Member

Looks quite nice. How did you like the results? I feel mine is very white too.

static916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/19/2017, 02:28 PM   #27
hipertec
Registered Member

Much much better than the stock light. The blue bars did really help out alot. Highly recommend. You will need two bars.

Heres a link:
https://www.amazon.com/s?field-keywords=B00YHDQVBS

hipertec is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/20/2017, 02:24 PM   #28
Alvin555
Registered Member

Hey how did you hook up the lights to the power source or how are you powering the lights?

Alvin555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/20/2017, 02:28 PM   #29
Alvin555
Registered Member

Also how are the fans working for you? can you post the link for the fans as well. Thank you
really like your build

Alvin555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/20/2017, 03:31 PM   #30
hipertec
Registered Member

The Blue Light bar is powered by its own AC Adapter that you have to purchase. Make sure its at least 2A - DC12V. This is the one I purchased and wired it directly to the Light Bar:
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...rds=B0713QWX3L
The rest is simple.

As for the Fans, they are awesome. I have it hooked up to a temp controller and it will bring down 1 degree (this is the trigger point to turn on the fans) - in a few mins. The only thing is that it will evaporate your water faster but I have Hydro ATO that works well with the setup. Much cheaper than a chiller.

Here is the link to the 3 fan model:
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...rds=B00M9UV9LI

Unread 09/08/2017, 02:33 PM   #31
Cartoonkitty
Registered Member

Fan Mod

Would you be able to detail how you did the fan mod on your lid? I will need to do something like this for tank when it comes in because it is very warm where I live and some help would be amazing

Cartoonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/10/2017, 01:45 PM   #32
hipertec
Registered Member

Get the 3 fan from Amazon. Trace the outer dimension of the fan, on top of the hood and cut out with a dremmel.
Once cut, tape the fan to the cut hole and make sure everything fits well. To not make the hole too big as you have to screw to each of the 4 corners.
From there, drill a small hole from inside of the lid to secure the fan to the lid using small screws.
Then get a temp controller and plug in the fan. That's it. Works really well and maintains the temp set.
Ps- the water will evaporate much faster and it is a good idea to get an ATO. I used the hydro ATO and works well with my tank.

Unread 10/03/2017, 06:51 PM   #33
MuscleFish
Registered Member

Great tank, great mods!

MuscleFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/11/2017, 10:33 PM   #34
hipertec
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleFish View Post
Great tank, great mods!
Thanks!

Unread 01/20/2019, 11:00 PM   #35
scattered
Registered Member

I am dredging this thread up from 15 months ago...hope you don't mind.

Hi, my name is Dov and "I am getting back into the hobby" lol.

I've purchased the EVO XII and it should be delivered in a couple days. The logical flow re-order seems like a no brainer and I will be doing just that. I would like to see how hipertic's lid looks. I'm not a stranger to the dremel. I will be using an Aquatic Life 115 skimmer as opposed to the Fluval.

Has anyone raised SPS or LPS under the stock lights?

Will the Fluval filter basket fit in chamber 1 or should I just DIY? I am expecting to run Chaeto, rubble, and floss.

I am adding a Jebao PP4 wavemaker to supplement the flow from the stock return pump.

What vertebrates are you stocking now? Those ocellaris are just beautiful.

I would like to see what other mods have been done on this platform.

scattered is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/21/2019, 09:03 AM   #36
Spartan
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipertec View Post
I caught the anemone and clowns... Put them in a clear container... Had to get them close so put a red drinking cup to confine them closer together.

This allowed the clowns to touch the anemone. After a few hours... They started to swim in them.

Had not seen that trick before - very interesting.

Current Tank Info: 180g, 100g sump, 55 g refuge
Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/21/2019, 02:06 PM   #37
hipertec
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scattered View Post
I am dredging this thread up from 15 months ago...hope you don't mind.

Hi, my name is Dov and "I am getting back into the hobby" lol.

I've purchased the EVO XII and it should be delivered in a couple days. The logical flow re-order seems like a no brainer and I will be doing just that. I would like to see how hipertic's lid looks. I'm not a stranger to the dremel. I will be using an Aquatic Life 115 skimmer as opposed to the Fluval.

Has anyone raised SPS or LPS under the stock lights?

Will the Fluval filter basket fit in chamber 1 or should I just DIY? I am expecting to run Chaeto, rubble, and floss.

I am adding a Jebao PP4 wavemaker to supplement the flow from the stock return pump.

What vertebrates are you stocking now? Those ocellaris are just beautiful.

I would like to see what other mods have been done on this platform.
No worries about bumping up this thread. Look at Post #3 and that will give you an idea of the stock hood with the stock lights. I actually moved to a Kessil A150W and now no longer using the stock lid and lights. I do have the fans still being used for this tank.

I am also running the Jebao PP4 and it works well for increased flow. With the stock lights (and my Kessil), I do have Monti Caps that are striving along with Softies and LPS. Just keep up with the water changes.

One thing I got rid of was the Fluval skimmer. Not by choice but the skimmer pump broke and Fluval wouldnt replace the pump so I just ran without the skimmer. My tank seems to be fine without it.

Unread 01/21/2019, 03:44 PM   #38
scattered
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipertec View Post
No worries about bumping up this thread. Look at Post #3 and that will give you an idea of the stock hood with the stock lights. I actually moved to a Kessil A150W and now no longer using the stock lid and lights. I do have the fans still being used for this tank.

I am also running the Jebao PP4 and it works well for increased flow. With the stock lights (and my Kessil), I do have Monti Caps that are striving along with Softies and LPS. Just keep up with the water changes.

One thing I got rid of was the Fluval skimmer. Not by choice but the skimmer pump broke and Fluval wouldnt replace the pump so I just ran without the skimmer. My tank seems to be fine without it.
Thanks mate.

Weekly water changes are the plan and I'm sure I could get away without a skimmer even though I want a pretty aggressive vertebrate bioload. That said I will still be running AL the 115.

scattered is offline   Reply With Quote