Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > The Reef Chemistry Forum
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/09/2020, 01:09 PM   #1
raliugaluis
Registered Member

Lecithin emulsifier

Can I have problems if I use Lecithin to emulsify some krill oil ?

raliugaluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/09/2020, 11:46 PM   #2
bertoni
RC Mod

That's an interesting question. I would expect that to be fine if the amount added to the tank was reasonable, though. It's listed as a beneficial ingredient for some marine species.

What exact product are you considering?

Unread 01/10/2020, 10:18 AM   #3
raliugaluis
Registered Member

Thanks for your reply, the krill oil is one I got from a supplier that has products for shrimp and fish farms, they mix it with some other product and let the oil dry out before feeding it, in my case I'd like to make some kind of product similar to polyp booster, I already have dried krill which needs some more grounding to pulverize it a bit more, the krill oil, some spirulina algae in a relly fine powder presentation, some mysis and artemia, also in a fime powder presentation, so when I add the oil to the different powders and then put it in the water, the oil just washes off, so I need something to get the mix done correctly, I'm still looking for the right lecithin presentation, all I can say is that it has to be liquid, maybe some kind of organic presentation so I can be certain that I'm not adding some kind of contamination into the tank...

raliugaluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/10/2020, 11:53 PM   #4
bertoni
RC Mod

Soybean lecithin seems to be the source tested and found to be helpful, if that's of interest to you.