Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/29/2017, 11:13 AM   #1
DasCamel
Registered Member

Sat morning delivery delayed to Monday, any chance?

Due to inclement weather, my Live Aquaria order will effectively get delayed 48 hours.

Tried calling to pick it up somehow and didn't have any luck. I'm now expecting a rotting achilles and blue tang on my doorstep Monday morning. I know I'll get a refund and all that, just frustrating and sad for the fish.

Sent by UPS.

Current Tank Info: 375g Build thread http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2608197
DasCamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/29/2017, 11:47 AM   #2
BigBlueTang
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasCamel View Post
Due to inclement weather, my Live Aquaria order will effectively get delayed 48 hours.

Tried calling to pick it up somehow and didn't have any luck. I'm now expecting a rotting achilles and blue tang on my doorstep Monday morning. I know I'll get a refund and all that, just frustrating and sad for the fish.

Sent by UPS.

That sucks. Sorry to hear about that.

I always try to check the weather before ordering stuff online, and try to order on mondays. That way, even if there is a mix up there's a chance the fish may be alive the next day.

I wouldn't keep your hopes up, but there's a chance the fish are still alive if they were packed well. If they are, get them into clean sw immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unread 04/29/2017, 12:12 PM   #3
DasCamel
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueTang View Post
That sucks. Sorry to hear about that.

I always try to check the weather before ordering stuff online, and try to order on mondays. That way, even if there is a mix up there's a chance the fish may be alive the next day.

I wouldn't keep your hopes up, but there's a chance the fish are still alive if they were packed well. If they are, get them into clean sw immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The delaying weather was in Kentucky not local. Hub delay. Scheduling worked well to have the kids be part of arrival process.

Yeah, it's cool and the fish are small at least.

Current Tank Info: 375g Build thread http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2608197
Unread 04/29/2017, 12:37 PM   #4
WatDatThing
Registered Member

Why get frustrated over something you can't control? Let aquaria know that you shipment hasn't arrived due to weather.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

WatDatThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/29/2017, 01:28 PM   #5
RadagastWizard
Registered Member

I'd personally go to the ups hub if it's local

RadagastWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/29/2017, 03:35 PM   #6
DasCamel
Registered Member

Going to the local hub wasn't an option when discussed with the UPS rep. I would have gladly gone and picked them up at the hub once they had everything sorted.

BUT!!!!!!!
About 30 minutes ago the package was delivered and both fish arrived in good condition w/o signs of damage. Right when we came home from running errands. Anyway, had the QT ready with a salinity match, temp acclimate, quick 50/50/50 water acclimation with some Amquel and into the QT they went.

Have a feeling the phone reps aren't given full details, anyway they took care of it. Little late isn't a big deal, 48 hours is another story.

Unread 04/29/2017, 03:58 PM   #7
hkgar
Registered Member

Appears you are aware of this, http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1959576

Glad it all worked out just fine. You might want to consider doing TTM before QT to eliminate Ick.

180 gallon, 40 gallon sump, 3 250 W MH + 4 80W ATI T5's, MTC MVX 36 Skimmer, Apex controller Aquamaxx T-3 CaRx

Current Tank Info: A 2 Barred Rabbitfish, Red Head Salon, Yellow/Purple, McMaster Fairy, Possum, 2 Leopard Wrasses, Kole, & Atlantic Blue Tangs, 2 Percula Clown, 3 PJ and 1 Banggai Cardinalfish , Swallowtail, Bellus and Coral Beauty Angels
hkgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/29/2017, 04:37 PM   #8
DasCamel
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkgar View Post
Appears you are aware of this, http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1959576

Glad it all worked out just fine. You might want to consider doing TTM before QT to eliminate Ick.
I reverse it, QT, prazi, get them eating and happy then TT.

Thinks like brook are more of a concern for me.

Yes, I based my acclimation procedures off that sticky. Great information, quickly aerating raises pH releasing active form of the ammonia.

Unread 04/29/2017, 05:07 PM   #9
Heuristic
Registered Member

When you guys prazi, do you just do the 7 days or do you do 2 weeks?

Heuristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/29/2017, 05:15 PM   #10
DasCamel
Registered Member

Get them eating first, water change and then dose, then after a week water change and dose again.

If all ok, after the 2nd dose, then TTM and into the DT. Total time 4-6 weeks.

My big thing is, behavior. Hiding, skittish, slow are all warning signs.
Get them stronger and eating like a champ before going into the competition of the DT.

Unread 04/29/2017, 05:24 PM   #11
Heuristic
Registered Member

I am trying to establish a QT method that works for me. I am thinking 2 weeks of prazi and then observe for a few weeks.

I just got 5 chromis and 2 of them have died from Uronema before I started dosing prazi. The 3 remaining seem healthy and have shown zero signs for almost a week now. I was thinking of running the 2 weeks of prazi, but was wondering if I should run copper on them

Unread 04/29/2017, 10:48 PM   #12
DasCamel
Registered Member

Not sure if anything works on uronema. Careful if introduced to DT not sure you can ever eradicate it.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Unread 04/29/2017, 10:56 PM   #13
Heuristic
Registered Member

I thought I read somewhere that copper works.

Unread 04/30/2017, 02:32 AM   #14
DasCamel
Registered Member

I would post in the fish disease section. Also, Google scholar is a good source.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Unread 05/01/2017, 08:34 AM   #15
scooter31707
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heuristic View Post
When you guys prazi, do you just do the 7 days or do you do 2 weeks?
I dose Prazi-pro during tank transfer method. It occurs during the 2nd and 4th transfer, so they are in there for 3 days. The bottle says treat for 7 days, but the PP is gone out the water around the 3rd and 4th day.

scooter31707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/01/2017, 10:19 AM   #16
JWClark
Registered Member

Glad it worked out. When I order anything now I always check the weather at the origin, the TN/KY area and my area first. DD and LA always have a layover in the TN.KY area.

I've had that scare before where the tracking says delayed due to weather w/ a change in delivery day. Only to have it show up on time. This is why I check now.

Current Tank Info: Reefer 450 seed tank for the retirement 315gal Reef Savvy build.
JWClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/01/2017, 08:06 PM   #17
DasCamel
Registered Member

Thanks guys. Both fish are still doing OK. The achilles has started munching on nori.