Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/18/2019, 05:27 PM   #4101
rugerjr81
Registered Member

Beautiful setup. I love the ATI. My tank is only 18" cube though. So I ended up buying the Reefbrite MH/XHO 150 watt DE fixture. It's pretty sweet. I am loving to see all of this action of moving away from the heavy bandwagon of stacking expensive LED fixtures everywhere at $800 a pop, trying to get enough light eliminate hotspots, while acting like they are saving money. You may not have to buy bulbs, but drivers go out and fans go out. There is still maintenance with LED.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rugerjr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/13/2019, 11:45 AM   #4102
BeanMachine
Registered Member

What percent do most of you run your leds for and for how long? Currently I have the blues up all the way, with a little white, and no red and they ramp up to about 70% then back down.

And roughly how high are your fixtures over the water? I have the 60" over a 72" x 36" x 27" display. I've got it about a foot over the water. Par numbers will still pretty high... I'm just worried about the intensity of the leds and creating hot spots. I don't have much coral yet... still...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith@ ATI NA View Post
Hey Folks, just checking in here and thought I would address some things said.

First of all, thank you for all the kind words! We do work hard to assist any way we can and do our best to do it in a timely fashion, if feels good to have it recognized

Blackizzz - Happy to assist get your fixture on your home network. It does however require some reasonable networking experience (eg, being able to determine the IP of a device recently added to your network). If you have experience in Linux it should be a breeze.

Back door access is not a big deal for your fixture and I am happy to help. You can easily change the SSID for example. However too much tinkering may result in requiring a factory reset.

You can remove the stickers on the ends of ATI fixtures, the warning sticker is removable and the fixtures will look better without them - Looking at you BeanMachine!

Regarding comments of BRS not offering warranty support,, I have never heard of this being the case nor have users when it is within our stated warranty on bulbs which is handled by the dealer: 30 day failure to fire. In fact I have only heard of BRS going above and beyond when it comes to handling bulb issues.
LOL, I missed this. Caught me.

Unread 05/13/2019, 02:20 PM   #4103
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanMachine View Post
What percent do most of you run your leds for and for how long? Currently I have the blues up all the way, with a little white, and no red and they ramp up to about 70% then back down.

And roughly how high are your fixtures over the water? I have the 60" over a 72" x 36" x 27" display. I've got it about a foot over the water. Par numbers will still pretty high... I'm just worried about the intensity of the leds and creating hot spots. I don't have much coral yet... still...
I run my LEDs mostly at 100% as well, but have them go up and down a little during peak hours. My 8x54w LED Powermodule is about 10" above the tank. I have a blog article that we will post soon about setting the best height above the tank. My tank is 48x29x29 so I can handle lots of light with the height.

Current Tank Info: 175g mixed powered by an ATI LED Powermodule
Keith@ ATI NA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/18/2019, 12:56 PM   #4104
The Cheese
Registered Member

I’m looking for some help, I have a 6x39w ATI Hybrid.

Some days my unit doesn’t come on, when I get home from work I connect via WiFi to the lamp and as soon as put the password in and connect the lamp lights up.

It’s as though it’s losing memory?

It’s a 2018 unit, I have never updated the firmware (wouldn’t know how to)

The Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/18/2019, 12:59 PM   #4105
Kengar
Registered Member

About to turn 54 in a few days, I know all about losing my memory.....

In all seriousness, it is my understanding that the wireless units only save time once an hour. So if power was out for more than an hour and the power outage started during a time when the lights were off, they may be thinking that it's still dark time -- until you connect and synch time

Unread 06/18/2019, 01:31 PM   #4106
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kengar View Post
About to turn 54 in a few days, I know all about losing my memory.....

In all seriousness, it is my understanding that the wireless units only save time once an hour. So if power was out for more than an hour and the power outage started during a time when the lights were off, they may be thinking that it's still dark time -- until you connect and synch time

If the firmware is updated they will store the time every 5 minutes, so if you have a power failure it will go back to the time of the failure +/- 5 minutes.

It does sound like Cheese's fixture is losing power.

Unread 06/18/2019, 01:35 PM   #4107
Kengar
Registered Member

Quote:
If the firmware is updated they will store the time every 5 minutes, so if you have a power failure it will go back to the time of the failure +/- 5 minutes.

I stand corrected re frequency.

Unread 06/19/2019, 12:45 AM   #4108
The Cheese
Registered Member

Quote:

I don’t think I have a power cut every few days, my wife would mention it, she’s in all day with the kids. If it is a power cut it would have to be from the plug socket to the PSU, I can’t see it but i’ll try plugging the light into a different socket and check the other connections.

It doesn’t turn off either, it just doesn’t come on in the morning and is still of when I get home from work hours later.

Unread 06/19/2019, 09:52 AM   #4109
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

I would still recommend updating the firmware, its likely there is just a glitch and a factory reset would fix it, but if you are going to go through that trouble why not just fix it properly with firmware?

Unread 06/19/2019, 12:22 PM   #4110
The Cheese
Registered Member

Quote:
I would still recommend updating the firmware, its likely there is just a glitch and a factory reset would fix it, but if you are going to go through that trouble why not just fix it properly with firmware?
How can I find out how to upload new firmware?

Thanks

Unread 06/19/2019, 12:37 PM   #4111
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

https://www.atinorthamerica.com/wifi...rmware-update/

Unread 06/23/2019, 04:38 PM   #4112
mike810
Registered Member

Quote:
Hi Keith,

I have a couple ballast that intermittently stays off or turns on randomly when the lights are on. I see theres a video on youtube on how to change a ballast. Does the same video apply to the hybrid power module?

mike810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/24/2019, 09:39 AM   #4113
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike810 View Post
Hi Keith,

I have a couple ballast that intermittently stays off or turns on randomly when the lights are on. I see theres a video on youtube on how to change a ballast. Does the same video apply to the hybrid power module?
Hey Mike,
It is unlikely this is a bad ballasts. T5 ballasts usually either work, or don't work, rarely do they randomly turn on and off unless there is something else at play. They may shut off for example if they overheat.

The same process/video can be used for T5 only and LED Hybrid Powermodule ballast replacements.

Unread 06/24/2019, 09:53 AM   #4114
mike810
Registered Member

Quote:
Hey Mike,
It is unlikely this is a bad ballasts. T5 ballasts usually either work, or don't work, rarely do they randomly turn on and off unless there is something else at play. They may shut off for example if they overheat.

The same process/video can be used for T5 only and LED Hybrid Powermodule ballast replacements.
It will shut off one day for a couple days and it will come back on the next day and continue to work. If it’s not the ballast, possibly the bulbs? It doesn’t constantly go on/off during a light cycle. Sorry if I wasn’t clear about that.

Unread 06/24/2019, 10:41 AM   #4115
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Yes I would suspect the bulbs. I would also suspect relays, end caps and other things but I dont have a lot of data to go on. A support ticket via email would be a lot easier to provide much better assistance.

Unread 06/26/2019, 03:32 PM   #4116
gregory m
Registered Member

Hello i have 2 powermodule hybrid 8x80w 4x75 w ,when i use the program , i can’t get 2 the 2 hybrid fixture synchronized ,when i set them up i am obligated to take the power off to set the other one , and when i put the power back in , the 2 fixture are decaled in time , is inthere a solution to get them coordinated?

I precise they are 2018 wifi powermodule ( no screen no more on the boxes ) just an rj45 and a wifi antenna on them

Thanks ��

gregory m is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/28/2019, 03:38 AM   #4117
mike810
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory m View Post
Hello i have 2 powermodule hybrid 8x80w 4x75 w ,when i use the program , i can’t get 2 the 2 hybrid fixture synchronized ,when i set them up i am obligated to take the power off to set the other one , and when i put the power back in , the 2 fixture are decaled in time , is inthere a solution to get them coordinated?

I precise they are 2018 wifi powermodule ( no screen no more on the boxes ) just an rj45 and a wifi antenna on them

Thanks ��
They will never be in sync 100%. You can even set the time exactly and over time they will go out of sync. I also have two fixtures and just live with the different times. Occasionally I will go in and adjust the time when it gets really off by 5+ minutes.

Unread 06/28/2019, 03:39 AM   #4118
mike810
Registered Member

Quote:
Yes I would suspect the bulbs. I would also suspect relays, end caps and other things but I dont have a lot of data to go on. A support ticket via email would be a lot easier to provide much better assistance.
It was the bulbs. First time in 10 years I had a bulb fail on me. Guess I have two extra ballast for when that day comes....

Unread 06/28/2019, 09:28 AM   #4119
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory m View Post

Thanks ��
There is a way to put your WiFi Powermodules on your home network. This is not supported by us (meaning I cannot give you a lot of guidance) however if you have some networking experience and especially if you know Linux its pretty straight forward.

When connected to your home network they would sync time with your router.

Unread 07/25/2019, 05:23 PM   #4120
cboltsd
Registered Member

Hey Keith,
I have a gen2 hybrid and 1 set of the led clusters just started to flicker on and off. Not sure if this has to do with heat as the weather has definitely warmed up. Any ideas as to why this may be occurring?

Thanks

Clint

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

cboltsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/26/2019, 09:16 AM   #4121
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboltsd View Post
Hey Keith,
I have a gen2 hybrid and 1 set of the led clusters just started to flicker on and off. Not sure if this has to do with heat as the weather has definitely warmed up. Any ideas as to why this may be occurring?

Thanks

Clint

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Clint it is almost certainly overheating. You can look at the scrolling information on the control box and confirm it is likely at or near 60 degrees C. This is the threshold where either a portion or the whole cluster will turn off.

Check your fan function, check ambient temperature and fix accordingly.

Unread 07/29/2019, 11:21 AM   #4122
thi7b
Registered Member

ATI Powermodule intensity

What percent are you guys running the LED with 8 T-5 on? I'm running only 4 bulbs out of the 8 and LED at 70% my son SPS is getting burn tips. I decreased the LED down to 50% and still getting burn tips. I was thinking just run the 8 T5 and have the LED as dusk to dawn.

thi7b is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/15/2019, 06:17 AM   #4123
JPMagyar
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thi7b View Post
What percent are you guys running the LED with 8 T-5 on? I'm running only 4 bulbs out of the 8 and LED at 70% my son SPS is getting burn tips. I decreased the LED down to 50% and still getting burn tips. I was thinking just run the 8 T5 and have the LED as dusk to dawn.
I see no one answered this one so let me take a swing. I have 2 48 inch Powermodules over a 48 x 48 cube. They are 10 inches above the water line. I run both sets of 8 lamps at 100% for 8 hours and the blue leds go from 0 to 100% and back starting at 6 AM and ending at 10 PM. I have corals at the top of the tank receiving 700+ PAR.

I am willing to bet the trouble your are experiencing is not related to light intensity.

Do you have a photo and an update?

Reef Hobbyist Magazine journalist, and all around SPS nut!

Current Tank Info: 240 with 750 gal total system, ATI LED Powermodule, MTC-HSA 1000. MTC Pro-Cal..
JPMagyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/23/2019, 05:02 PM   #4124
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

We posted some tips and tricks in our blog. Check it out here:
https://www.atinorthamerica.com/ati-...ps-and-tricks/

Rest of the blogs:
https://www.atinorthamerica.com/blog/

Cheers

Unread 09/18/2019, 05:51 AM   #4125
Arnaldo24
Registered Member

Hi guys.
Im not new to the hybrid club as i had the 8x54 3x75 fixture a few years ago
Im coming back with a bigger tank in my new place and just got the 8x80 4x75 fixture from a local member.
Years ago a member “Sahin” help me by sending me the email with the perfect program for my needs
Unfortunately i know how to grow corals but not an expert on programming lights and Sahin is not active right now. Even tho i reach out to email already. Hopefully he’s ok just busy!!
Anyways was wondering if some1 here have the time and is willing to help me
I can send the same schedule Sahin did for me all i need it to add the 4th led cluster into the sunrise sunset programming
Thanks in advance!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk