Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > SPS Keepers
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/15/2017, 06:29 PM   #51
reefmutt
Registered Member

What.. you mean you can see the image on RC when using tapatalk?

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 6xAI prime 8xt5. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
reefmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/16/2017, 12:58 AM   #52
DiscusHeckel
Acropora Gardener

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkoAung View Post
Well that's great! Yes I posted from computer as photos from compact cameras are inevitably better than my phone's camera. I haven't tried posting pictures to a forum from my phone yet. Though if you use the phone's browser, or tapatalk and link the pics from phone's picture library to the forum post I can't see why that won't work.
I am about to ditch FlickR because Photos on my iMac cannot connect to my FlickR account. It is pain in the back side to move images to desktop and then upload them to FlickR. It reduces my efficiency.

I have created a Google Photos account as you suggested and uploaded all my images from my iPhone using Google's App to my account. I think Google Photos is great in its own right. For example, all my coral pictures were put in an album called Reef. All my FTS photos are in an album called Aquarium.

I have tried to embed a test image on RC like you did above using my iMac. But failed to do so. Would you mind guiding me on how to do this please?

I followed the two steps shown in the pictures below, but sadly the link I get is not the right one. First, I selected an image and then click the share icon as shown below:

Thanks in advance.

Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 07.55.29.png (16.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 07.56.27.png (23.9 KB, 13 views)

65G SPS Reef- ATI 8 X 39W PM; TM [Bacto-Balance A-; Reef Actif; Nitribiotic; Iodine]

Last edited by DiscusHeckel; 08/16/2017 at 01:11 AM.
DiscusHeckel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/16/2017, 05:42 AM   #53
AkoAung
aka -iDestroya-

Sure DiscusHeckel. First go to the google photo album you want to share:

Click on the photo you want to share to enlarge it:

Right click on the photo, and this menu appears. Scroll down to "copy image address" and left click

And then go to Reefcentral forum thread, open a new reply post, and paste the copied link into the image url box as shown:

[IMPORTANT ADDENDUM]

Let's make sure that we have sharing turned ON:
Go to the album whose photos you want to share as below,

Last edited by AkoAung; 08/16/2017 at 04:42 PM. Reason: important addendum
AkoAung is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/16/2017, 07:37 AM   #54
DiscusHeckel
Acropora Gardener

Quote:
Sure DiscusHeckel. First go to the google photo album you want to share:

Click on the photo you want to share to enlarge it:

Right click on the photo, and this menu appears. Scroll down to "copy image address" and left click

And then go to Reefcentral forum thread, open a new reply post, and paste the copied link into the image url box as shown:

Wonderful. Thank you for your support. Here is a proof that I have followed your advice:

65G SPS Reef- ATI 8 X 39W PM; TM [Bacto-Balance A-; Reef Actif; Nitribiotic; Iodine]
Unread 08/16/2017, 02:06 PM   #55
reefmutt
Registered Member

Sorry.. trying to post from googling photos app..
Only creating a link is possible from the mobile app..
Tryingbit anyways..
https://goo.gl/photos/PzU7HRZoQyxgY9gM7

Grumble mumble grumble...... foiled again..
It's looking like to post from a mobile device, tapatalk is the ONLY OPTION..

Anybody got other ideas for posting from a mobile??

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 6xAI prime 8xt5. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
Unread 08/16/2017, 02:24 PM   #56
tmc1313
Registered Member

I also use the postimage site to post from my mobile. When posting from my mobile, the image gets copied to my mobile clipboard and then I just paste it into the thread from there. Easy, Peasy

Unread 08/16/2017, 02:52 PM   #57
reefmutt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmc1313 View Post
I also use the postimage site to post from my mobile. When posting from my mobile, the image gets copied to my mobile clipboard and then I just paste it into the thread from there. Easy, Peasy
So you copy the image and past it?
Not the URL?
Interesting. Hadn't thought of trying that.

Just tried.. no option to paste once here. From google photos..
I'll try it on a couple other sites
I'm just wondering about postimage.. if it'll still be around in a year or two.. and still free, or reasonably priced.

Unread 08/16/2017, 02:56 PM   #58
reefmutt
Registered Member

Quote:
What type of phone? How do you copy to a clipboard?
My iPhone doesn't have an option to copy to a clipboard.. that I know off.

Unread 08/16/2017, 04:44 PM   #59
AkoAung
aka -iDestroya-

Hi DiscusHeckel,

I may have forgotten one step which I've added - please make sure that the particular album's sharing is turned ON like so:

Unread 08/16/2017, 08:05 PM   #60
tmc1313
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefmutt View Post
So you copy the image and past it?
Not the URL?
Interesting. Hadn't thought of trying that.

Just tried.. no option to paste once here. From google photos..
I'll try it on a couple other sites
I'm just wondering about postimage.. if it'll still be around in a year or two.. and still free, or reasonably priced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reefmutt View Post
What type of phone? How do you copy to a clipboard?
My iPhone doesn't have an option to copy to a clipboard.. that I know off.
I have a samsung galaxy. Once the photo is in my clipboard, all I have to do is touch the reply box in the forum I want to post in and touch paste. Very simple, but I'm not sure how it works on an iPhone, sorry.

Last edited by tmc1313; 08/16/2017 at 08:15 PM.
tmc1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/16/2017, 09:40 PM   #61
Lsufan
Registered Member

I tried google photos & couldn't get it to work on mobile eighther. I couldn't get the third party hosting from my mobile just like Flickr.

Postimage is the best way I have found on a mobile & it is actually easier to figure out then Photobucket was. If u go to the site it self explanatory & very easy to figure out. Tapatalk would be another good option on a mobile but I don't like the forum layout on tapatalk so I'm going to stick to postimage.

I go to the site & select upload & this screen comes up. I then go to choose images

Once u select a photo this page comes up & I just copy the direct link.

Then go back to rc & select/ paste just like u used to with photobucket. I didn't resize the pics so they are a little bigger & should be the size of u don't resize them. It is very easy & that is saying something coming from me, I'm not great with computer stuff.
Btw Matt, I have a iPhone so yours should be the same as this. I spent a week trying to figure out flickr, imgur, google & one or two more with little success. It took me 5 mins once I found postimage

Last edited by Lsufan; 08/16/2017 at 09:46 PM.
Lsufan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/17/2017, 02:52 AM   #62
mike810
Registered Member

As others have mentioned, I use postimage.org. It's free and super easy to upload, resize and categorize your photos. It's also very easy to link images to RC or any other forums you frequent. I've been using it for a few year without any problems.

mike810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/17/2017, 06:45 AM   #63
reefmutt
Registered Member

Quote:
Quote:
I have a samsung galaxy. Once the photo is in my clipboard, all I have to do is touch the reply box in the forum I want to post in and touch paste. Very simple, but I'm not sure how it works on an iPhone, sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsufan View Post
I tried google photos & couldn't get it to work on mobile eighther. I couldn't get the third party hosting from my mobile just like Flickr.

Postimage is the best way I have found on a mobile & it is actually easier to figure out then Photobucket was. If u go to the site it self explanatory & very easy to figure out. Tapatalk would be another good option on a mobile but I don't like the forum layout on tapatalk so I'm going to stick to postimage.

I go to the site & select upload & this screen comes up. I then go to choose images

Once u select a photo this page comes up & I just copy the direct link.

Then go back to rc & select/ paste just like u used to with photobucket. I didn't resize the pics so they are a little bigger & should be the size of u don't resize them. It is very easy & that is saying something coming from me, I'm not great with computer stuff.
Btw Matt, I have a iPhone so yours should be the same as this. I spent a week trying to figure out flickr, imgur, google & one or two more with little success. It took me 5 mins once I found postimage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike810 View Post
As others have mentioned, I use postimage.org. It's free and super easy to upload, resize and categorize your photos. It's also very easy to link images to RC or any other forums you frequent. I've been using it for a few year without any problems.
Guys! A big THANK YOU. I will start using postimage. You checked all my boxes.
Thanks again!

Unread 08/17/2017, 07:01 AM   #64
tmc1313
Registered Member

Excellent! Sounds like you're back in business. Now start posting some new photos of that tank of yours.

Unread 08/17/2017, 07:22 AM   #65
reefmutt
Registered Member

Quote:
Excellent! Sounds like you're back in business. Now start posting some new photos of that tank of yours.

Working on it!

Unread 08/17/2017, 11:24 AM   #66
DiscusHeckel
Acropora Gardener

Quote:
Hi DiscusHeckel,

I may have forgotten one step which I've added - please make sure that the particular album's sharing is turned ON like so:

I have created just a normal album (not a shared one) and followed your steps, it seems to be working. Shared album allows people to comment on your photos if you provide its link to them. So an album does not have to be a shared one. My previous picture disappeared from my earlier post because I deleted that particular picture by mistake.

[IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/66ZiLG8BPSrPISPNNIU-jp6Ux-fnWnZaEiz1n5P_4tYeOQT13rophXLdurZdyKIkJGzuDWppAy57TQP_9Hz5bGyVLblCbRGixM6tI4h4POJc3xzDE2p83xSQkGaeUY hOjz0aeatxkoNSKd_Rqc6p1oz798SqeCYsCz3ObK-AAT05-UwhLorYdRVTRcWw9nZC8o0uY3T_WRhHjhHoIpRVLIxuHv14-Mpoxg3LhZuF1OsRMvg6Rc0nSpaPKpsnB7tc3JiUtZClQ2KzZXbee7Yjm1NkSOUYIbqhE-ERBIOqKAvV4jDa689F7i5qWcqZpJlXPS3gkvEFkgX2vCk-Ve08bh7ULond43Ura7gc-Vv6oJfIDvjQeTo1Wm6HNiMYWHKMgidDqV5gBilot8h5KCZdgrKtuuL3C9Q-IXP4n1XcxRqlpLChpSWJIqW4NRG5rf_-3xuLV36eMeCYVtFP-UGLVtPJl0a8QiX0o7pj6iIN-AY5i2UIyPoaGtJ0DoPatAbaa8fBq4Jg-IIFunBY9yCLaB9G2bpTHwu0uOih5yj0tl7JYpTdinMBitCJ2PR47-1izLD7QRq7jHW***Dd0-jFIPyFRLPx62XTCZ3Yh02szLmjXnv9Xthw=w705-h939-no[/IMG]

Unread 08/18/2017, 06:55 AM   #67
reefmutt
Registered Member

Test.. from postimage. Unfortunately they don't have an app so you have to go to the website each time you want to post but I can live with that..
Here's my new WD. Going to also post on that thread..
https://s20.postimg.org/kum3y7j3h/IMG_7225.jpg
Hat was 'direct link'..
Nope.
Here's 'hot link for forums'

Bingo!

Unread 08/18/2017, 05:31 PM   #68
Lsufan
Registered Member

I just went to the site & bookmarked it to my home screen so it's with all my apps on my iPhone screen

Lsufan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/19/2017, 05:26 PM   #69
AkoAung
aka -iDestroya-

Fyi

Postimage isn't on the soundest footing either. It is possible that due to photobucket's recent moves they along with other competitors will get more traffic and thus more revenue. User beware.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/post...ead-end.64901/