Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/19/2017, 01:03 PM   #1
Jeff30127
Registered Member

Sick clown fish

Can anyone tell me what might be wrong with my clownfish? I tried to attach a video, which I'm not sure if I'm able to do or not, but the fish has a a very long, thin, white, stringy poo hanging from it that it can't seem to shake; it's breathing is extremely rapid (mouth is constantly opening and closing very rapidly; and it keeps flopping over on its side and then rights itself. I haven't seen it eat in a couple days. I've moved it to my QT tank which is medicated with Kordon Copper-Aid and API super ick cure. It's been in the QT tank for a couple days but had t really gotten any better. Im rather new at this and I'm not sure how long it's supposed to take to cure a fish. I don't think it's ich since I haven't seen any white spots on the fish.
It's not going to surface to gasp for air so I don't think it's the oxygen level...there is also an air stone in the QT tank.
Water parameters:
Ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate are all 0
Temp is 78 though I'm trying to raise it because I read that helps to kill parasites.
SG = 1.025 I was thinking of lowering that since I've also read that lower Salinity makes it harder for parasites to survive.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff30127 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clownfish disease, medications, sick clownfish