Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Aquarium Reef Keepers of Southwest Connecticut
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/02/2017, 08:29 AM   #1
ca1ore
Grizzled & Cynical

Tank Moving Assistance .... Stamford

Going to be doing a tank change over on Saturday Oct 28th around 10-11 am. Though I have lift carts, suction cups and jacks, it's still a 6 man job. Looking for anyone willing to help out for an hour or so. It entails carrying out the old 265 and stand (400 lbs.) and carrying in the new 400 and stand (550 lbs.). It's a 25' straight shot.

Happy to provide pizza and free frags. Also have a nice chaeto reactor for anyone who wants it. I'm obliging my 15 year old to help, so if anyone has teen sons to help, happy to pay them.

Got back into the hobby ..... planned to keep it simple ..... yeah, right ..... clearly I need a new plan! Pet peeve: anemones host clowns; clowns do not host anemones!

Current Tank Info: 450 Reef; 120 refugium; 60 Frag Tank, 30 Introduction tank; multiple QTs
ca1ore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/02/2017, 04:55 PM   #2
Maritimer
Registered Member

Should be available - I've just asked my son and his cousin, they may be available as well. (Not teens, younger adults.)

~Bruce

Zoey's Reef has come to life! Zoas, 'shrooms and LPS of several sorts, CUC, dartfish, wrasses and others swim above the sand . . .

Current Tank Info: Kingston & Zoey's Reef; 220g, Deltec skimmer, 2 MaxSpect Gyre x-50s, 2,500gph or so through the sump. SPS are surviving . . .
Maritimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/02/2017, 08:45 PM   #3
ca1ore
Grizzled & Cynical

That would be awesome, thanks. I will owe you one.

Got back into the hobby ..... planned to keep it simple ..... yeah, right ..... clearly I need a new plan! Pet peeve: anemones host clowns; clowns do not host anemones!

Current Tank Info: 450 Reef; 120 refugium; 60 Frag Tank, 30 Introduction tank; multiple QTs
Unread 10/03/2017, 08:33 AM   #4
LQT
Registered Member

Per the other thread... I’m in!

Deep Blue 57 Edge ATI Acro Garden Build Thread
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=25573384#post25573384

Current Tank Info: DeepBlue 57 Edge
LQT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/03/2017, 01:25 PM   #5
ca1ore
Grizzled & Cynical

Yeah ..... just figured many folks aren't 'brave' enough for the big boy forum ..... or maybe it's the OCD forum.

Unread 10/09/2017, 08:15 AM   #6
peter15
Registered Member

Hey Simon,

I'm away that whole weekend but I can help you with anything before or after (and maybe learn some things from you).

Alan

peter15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/27/2017, 11:55 AM   #7
Maritimer
Registered Member

As of right now, will be there with at least one sturdy fellow in tow.

(Also, bumping this thread - it's tomorrow!)

~Bruce

Zoey's Reef has come to life! Zoas, 'shrooms and LPS of several sorts, CUC, dartfish, wrasses and others swim above the sand . . .

Current Tank Info: Kingston & Zoey's Reef; 220g, Deltec skimmer, 2 MaxSpect Gyre x-50s, 2,500gph or so through the sump. SPS are surviving . . .
Maritimer is offline   Reply With Quote