Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/16/2021, 07:27 AM   #1
hearttx
Registered Member

Possible seam starting to let go?

I was looking at my tank and noticed what seems like the side pane bulging from the top down. I was sure it was not like that but now I question my assessment. The silicone between the panes does not look like it is separating. That small air pocket near the top has always been there. Looking for opinions. TIA.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

hearttx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/16/2021, 01:47 PM   #2
stryker
Registered Member

That doesn’t look good, the fact that it is t leaking yet means the silicone is stil
Holding but there is stress on the panel pushing it out. I’m sure u notice every minute detail in ur tank and doubt u would have missed that until now. This is likely a new development so set up a holding tank ASAP. When my sram failed, I needed lots of water because most of it was on the floor. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: 270g Inwall
stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/16/2021, 03:24 PM   #3
vsiege
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryker View Post
That doesn’t look good, the fact that it is t leaking yet means the silicone is stil
Holding but there is stress on the panel pushing it out. I’m sure u notice every minute detail in ur tank and doubt u would have missed that until now. This is likely a new development so set up a holding tank ASAP. When my sram failed, I needed lots of water because most of it was on the floor. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed. You are in the best position now having noticed before you have an emergency situation. I would get together what you can for temporary holding tanks and start getting your livestock and such out before something more happens.

Wishing you the best

Unread 01/16/2021, 04:48 PM   #4
hearttx
Registered Member

Thanks everyone. I picked up a new 90 and stand for a good price. Transfer will happen tomorrow!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

hearttx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/16/2021, 04:49 PM   #5
vsiege
Registered Member

Excellent to hear that! Take a picture when you have it all setup. Have a good one

Unread 01/16/2021, 10:55 PM   #6
Sk8r
RC Mod

I had an acrylic seam go catastrophic, and the whole seam went at once. It was a decorative bubble tank, triangular, 6' tall, and there was stress on that back (and only) seam, but I became very attentive to any hint of same with tanks. Glad you're taking action.

Salinity 1.024-6; alkalinity 8.3-9.3 on KH scale; calcium 420; magnesium 1300, temp 78-80, nitrate .2. Ammonia 0. No filters: lps tank. Alk and cal won't rise if mg is low.

Current Tank Info: 105g AquaVim wedge, yellow tang, sailfin blenny,royal gramma, ocellaris clown pair, yellow watchman, 100 microceriths, 25 tiny hermits, a 4" conch, 1" nassarius, recovering from 2 year hiatus with daily water change of 10%.
Sk8r is offline   Reply With Quote