Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/16/2021, 05:15 PM   #1
Tango725
Registered Member

Flame Wrasse Mystery

My wife purchased me a super male flame wrasse for xmas from la diver's den so you know what kind of money we're talking right off the bat. Everything has been great the last 3wks. or so, the fish has been eating great swimming around all over the place getting along with all the other fish in the tank looking happy, then the other day i go downstairs to the den that's where the tank is located looking for my facemask covering for work i used a led flashlight instead of hitting the light switch to look for my mask. Upon looking i must of accidentally shined some light from the flashlight in the tank next thing you know i hear a loud thump on the tank hood i immediately ran in turned on the light to see what had happened i didn't see anything out of the ordinary all the fish appeared to be sleep this is 5:30 am, anyway i come home from work and no sign of the flame wrasse it's been 48hrs in still no sign i know flame wrasse our kind of skittish and our notorious jumpers i was thinking the thump might of been the wrasse jumping up in hitting his head on the hood do you guys think that could have been enough to mortally injure him? I checked the overflow in sump all around the rock short of braking it down tank perimeter and tank mates are good so it shouldn't have been a issue there. I don't know what else it could have been has anyone else out there experienced anything like this???

Tango725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/17/2021, 08:08 AM   #2
taillonjohn
Registered Member

is there any opening at all in your hood, maybe the thump is the fish hitting the floor or the wall? just an idea, good luck, I know how a missing fish really occupies the mind

Unread 01/18/2021, 08:38 PM   #3
wrott
Registered Member

Do you have cats/dogs?

120g SPS, 125g mix, 56g FOWLR, 20g qt
wrott is offline   Reply With Quote