Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Aquaforest
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/31/2017, 01:08 PM   #1
jerrythomas
Registered Member

Starting balling Af Need some help!

Hi everyone, I'm going to start balling with aquaforest products and I thought about component 1 + 2 + 3 +, but I have doubts that I will briefly explain it to you.
To tell you in short, tank is a 45 cm cube, starter in January 2017, at the moment there are several corals, many frags, 3 fishes. Currently integrating daily with Kent AB, dosing 4 ml per day and my values ​​last night are:
Kh 8
Ca 390
Mg 1290
I change water weekly with alternate salts Red Sea coral pro and tropic marine pro reef but i would like to go to the aquaforest salt (which one?)
My idea is to buy jebao dp4 dosometric pumps and start running with this balling, I wanted to know:
The best solution is component 123 or create solutions myself?
My aquarium is 91lt gross, I think 70 net maybe 65, how much product should I use?
Give me more advice please I leave some photos of the tank

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

jerrythomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/31/2017, 02:39 PM   #2
Sever
Registered Member

Hi, very nice tank Dosing will depend of consumption of Ca , Mg and Kh. You should find your dosing base on daily consumption. Unfortunately there is no simple formula for all 100l water. Stop to dose one day and measure with your tests kits (I recommend AF tests kits ) your daily consumption.
You can use Reef Salt

Wysłane z mojego SM-G950F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Current Tank Info: 300 gal.Skimmer Aquaforest 250, Light Ati Powermodule 8x54W 3x75 Led, Salt : Aquaforest Probiotic Reef Salt, suplements aquaforest, Full Balling AF

Last edited by Sever; 05/31/2017 at 02:46 PM.
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/01/2017, 02:28 AM   #3
jerrythomas
Registered Member

Thanks sever, i'm undecided between jebao dp4 and coralbox wf04 dosing pump now before to start this balling

Unread 06/03/2017, 03:51 AM   #4
jerrythomas
Registered Member

I think i Will buy Coral box wf04 but i'm undecided on this metod...Is It possibile with 15 liter of product i can do it only for 2 months? And the salt wich is better Sea reef or probiotic?

Unread 06/03/2017, 12:25 PM   #5
Sever
Registered Member

You can have 15 liters for a year if your tank will not consume macro elements. As I mentioned above your dosing will depends of your daily consumption. If it will be high it will be for less time if you have small corals and consumption will be low it will be for more.
Better is Probiotic but it is not for all kind of tanks. Probiotic is more for tanks with sps corals where you want to keep low nutrients. Probiotic will help you to reduce nutrients. Reef Salt is also good but is more for mixed reef tank where the nutrients are low already or you have sps not so demanding (like montipora, seriatopora , pocilopora and easy acro) and Lps.

This tank is around 100gallons with sps and use around 350ml of each component by day.

The other with more Lps is around 300gal and use 50ml by day...
As you see all depends of kind of corals that you have

Wysłane z mojego SM-G950F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Current Tank Info: 300 gal.Skimmer Aquaforest 250, Light Ati Powermodule 8x54W 3x75 Led, Salt : Aquaforest Probiotic Reef Salt, suplements aquaforest, Full Balling AF
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote