Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > GHL /ProfiLux / Mitras
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/23/2016, 09:38 PM   #1
boostedvq
Registered Member

How many Mitras

I just ordered a pair of GHL LX 6200 for my tank, but want to make sure I get good coverage on them. My tank is 54 x 40 x 22, plan for a mixed reef. Will two be enough?

boostedvq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/24/2016, 08:53 AM   #2
quan325i
Registered Member

that's pretty deep tank but I think you can get by with mount them a little higher and running them in lower efficiency modes. I am using two in high efficiency mode on my elos 120xl and they are just right. Given the lower price right now, I would get 3 and be done with it.

GHL: Mitras 6200HV x 2/Doser2/Profilux/Profilux Touch/Aquabreeze
Genesis: Auto Water Change
quan325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/24/2016, 09:12 AM   #3
boostedvq
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quan325i View Post
that's pretty deep tank but I think you can get by with mount them a little higher and running them in lower efficiency modes. I am using two in high efficiency mode on my elos 120xl and they are just right. Given the lower price right now, I would get 3 and be done with it.

Thank you. I should've mentioned I keep about 5" of open space between the sides and rock. The tank is a peninsula style.

However I'll keep your recommendation in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unread 09/25/2016, 11:32 AM   #4
slief
RC Sponsor

I agree with Quan.. You can get by with 2 if you run them high enough but 3 would be best. Especially given the depth of your tank. You would get much better coverage with 3 and have plenty of light up high for the most light demanding corals. In the lower areas of your tank, you would be able to grow less light demanding corals such as softies and LPS as well as some different SPS. The extra light will provide a big improvement overall especially given your tanks depth.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/25/2016, 04:54 PM   #5
boostedvq
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post
I agree with Quan.. You can get by with 2 if you run them high enough but 3 would be best. Especially given the depth of your tank. You would get much better coverage with 3 and have plenty of light up high for the most light demanding corals. In the lower areas of your tank, you would be able to grow less light demanding corals such as softies and LPS as well as some different SPS. The extra light will provide a big improvement overall especially given your tanks depth.

Thank you for the reply. Eventually I will purchase a third one. I'm just planning on the initial setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk