Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/10/2018, 04:09 AM   #1
vmhosts
Registered Member

3x masterstream 6550's failed

Hi,

I'm from the UK, but on the off chance you are reading this over the weekend and have any ideas I thought I'd try my luck.

I have 4x 6550's on a 15000l display tank.

Fortunate that it is still fresh water, but was hoping to add salt today.

The pumps have been running for the last week no issue. I purchased a 7097 controller and connected it up last night. Within an hour only one pump was working.

I have a light on the PSU's I've tried moving the power supplies between the working pump.

I've left them disconnected from the power and controller over night, connected them to power without the controller this morning and still no joy.

Connected to an old 7095 controller and still nothing.

If it was just the one pump I could put it down to bad luck, 3 out of 4 has me very worried.

Is there some sort of factory reset I can do on the pumps? It's like they think they are blocked or something

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

vmhosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/12/2018, 09:29 AM   #2
rvitko
RC Sponsor

The power supply if tripped would reset if unplugged and plugged back in. There are a lot of possibilities, the pumps could be blocked, the power connections could be loose or water damaged. My troubleshooting steps would be to first verify the power supplies put out 12V DC and try the other 3 pump with the known working power supply. If this does not work I would open the 3 pumps and inspect them for any blockage. I would do all testing without the 7097 connected and this means no din cable connected at the pump. The simple possibility would be that the 7097 night mode was on or a setting shut off the 3 pumps but if you disconnected the din cables at the pump and the 7097 is disconnected that would rule this out.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/12/2018, 04:13 PM   #3
vmhosts
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvitko View Post
The power supply if tripped would reset if unplugged and plugged back in. There are a lot of possibilities, the pumps could be blocked, the power connections could be loose or water damaged. My troubleshooting steps would be to first verify the power supplies put out 12V DC and try the other 3 pump with the known working power supply. If this does not work I would open the 3 pumps and inspect them for any blockage. I would do all testing without the 7097 connected and this means no din cable connected at the pump. The simple possibility would be that the 7097 night mode was on or a setting shut off the 3 pumps but if you disconnected the din cables at the pump and the 7097 is disconnected that would rule this out.
Thanks for the suggestions, the power supplies seem to be fine. The working pump continues to work with all the PSU's.

I haven't taken them to bits yet, but would be a big coincidence for all 3 to go within 40 min.

That said, wouldn't rule it out

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

vmhosts is offline   Reply With Quote