Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Greater Connecticut Area Regional Forum
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/29/2012, 03:35 PM   #251
saltychick
CTARS and ARKSC member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterlife14 View Post
I did great, I won three raffles, a gift certificate from fintastic and two from champin lighting!
Congrats!

Current Tank Info: 57 fowlr
saltychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/29/2012, 05:07 PM   #252
Gobey
Premium Member

Thumbs up Rich Bouvier would like to say thank you

Hey Sandy Haters,

I won an LED light strip only because I put my name and phone number on a ticket.

I was able to safely deliver Steven Pro, Wayde and Brett to Bradley International before 5 PM, well in advance of their 7 PM departure times, but there were lines everywhere.

Nice work BoD and volunteers! Thank you to all those who chipped in. Thank you to those who came and supported our event.

Thank you to our speaker guests that could make it (Steven Pro). To those that questioned the weather - you did the right thing! Bradley had delays and cancellations up the wazoo! I too try to practice safety first now that I'm a dad. But Marc Levenson, Justin Credebel and Brett and Wayde filled the gaps to keep CMAC a solid event based in education and the proper husbandry of our captive living gems.

After hearing Wayde and Brett give their introductory presentation about the background history of ATM (Acrylic Tank Manufacturers) I was encouraged with the knowledge that they both possess towards the intricacies of setting up and maintaining healthy reef systems. Not only are their aquariums spectacular, but the residents are treated with love and respect and are given an environment to thrive in. Better yet, on each episode they try to teach the tuned in audience reef keeping basics. I suppose it would be impossible to have an audience capturing show that talks about the details of the ion balance, etc. They are friends of CTARS now and please support them by watching their show - they're just about guaranteed to make you laugh and learn all at the same time. Thanks guys!

I like to think that being a participating member of CTARS (hypocrite alert ) elevates your fundamental knowledge base of the necessary technical systems and boils down the basics of natural filtration which is instrumental in keeping that beautiful balance or homeostasis that enables your aquarium residents to THRIVE evidenced by coloration, growth and reproduction!

Eric - great Job Mr. President and I was BLOWN AWAY with the gift you presented me of the blown up CMAC logo signed by the co-stars of Tanked and framed - and you're a solid friend and roommate even if we only were there from 4 AM to 6 AM

And...I can't forget Justin Credabel (I'll never know how to spell that). Justincredible was Justinstrumental in getting me in contact with the right people at Tanked!
Not only did you hook up CTARS with TV stars, but you also helped us get our learn on with G-O-N-I-O-P-O-R-A (All across the USA) facts for these beautiful and unique corals along with the pros and cons of the possible use of Hydrogen Peroxide in our reef keeping lives.

I thought it was a great conference from my experience in the past. If I could change one thing, I wish we had a few more members/non-members to share in the bliss.

To our vendors sponsors - I hope you sold some goods, made some good money, got your name out to one LOYAL group of clubees. Name recognition is the key to marketing success. Better yet, a face to the name. Thank you from the bottom of my "treasurer's" heart for purchasing a display booth or donating your products or both in some cases!

Thank you to the staff of Mohegan Sun! We started off with two spotless rooms and brought in SALT WATER FISH TANKS! That's a nice host to let us do that. I don't even think that I heard any complaints about electrical problems.

Greg Deemy, you ARE the man - I sent you so many necessary revisions to the CMAC site - you're a gem for getting them all done in such a timely manner when you have a day job too!

Let me end with a nice big THANK YOU to everyone that helped a little or a lot to make this event a little better with your ideas and efforts. This energy ALL added up to one fine event.

Until next time.....

Current Tank Info: A Fish Tank
Gobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/29/2012, 07:03 PM   #253
ma87k5
Registered Member

I've never gone to an event like this. I was lil bored at first. Went to a couple lectures. Learned a lil more. Met Brett and Wade. Won some stuff. Ended up having a nice day. I definately would go to another event. I even offered the guy raffling stuff off to bring some Nutri seawater to his house for him. Too bad I didn't win the RO/DI unit. That would of really made my day. Hell my year. LOL Thanks

ma87k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/01/2012, 11:02 AM   #254
DougRoberts
Registered Member

Is there a list of venders that were at the show, I somehow can't find it

DougRoberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/01/2012, 01:45 PM   #255
sp1813
Registered Member

I had a great time and won an rodi unit. Good stuff! Definitely attending next year.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Hydor Pico 1200 return and Koralia Evo 750 for flow
sp1813 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cmac, conference, ctars, reef, saltwater