Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/23/2014, 07:40 PM   #1
MickyJ
Registered Member

Lightbulb Identifying Anemone

Hi all! Recently purchased an Ocellaris and an Anemone at my LFS. When one of the gentleman who was working at the shop went to remove the Anemone from the tank it retracted and stayed stuck to the bottom of the tank where it had dug in and attached itself. The gentleman who was helping couldn't seem to remove it so he contacted his manager who had more experience to take care of it. The manager removed it no problem but was having trouble discerning the species. I'm new to anemones but I believe it may have been a Caribbean Flower Anemone, the manager couldn't seem to get a good view of it because it had retracted but believed it to be an LTA. In the end they just charged me for a Caribbean, which was the less expensive of the two. Out of personal curiosity and also concern for my Clown's safety it would be much appreciated if anyone could identify this beaut for me. I quite enjoy both the Clown, which is super friendly and sociable, and this lovely Anemone but in the end safety comes first. Having an Anemone that would host my Clown would be nice, but I would settle for just knowing the two wont hurt each other. Thanks in advance! (Pic Below in Link Below)

Anemone- http://imgur.com/SHRd5r9

MickyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/26/2014, 05:59 PM   #2
Rutrag
Registered Member

I don't think it's a LTA or condy. Can you get a pic that's not quite so shadowy?

Rutrag is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anemone, clown, ocellaris, reef, saltwater