Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/21/2009, 08:29 AM   #1
Limey1
Registered Member

Suggestions welcome

I have the 24gal JBJ with CF lights.. The tank seems to be doing well. I would like to add a couple more corals, any suggestions? I am searching for some nice bright blue zoas.
The only fish is a watchman goby, and I do have a cleaner shrimp and a tiger shrimp?

Limey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/21/2009, 08:48 AM   #2
Korrine
You could get a ticket!!

Tubbs Blue zoa's would be pretty

So what type of coral are you looking for specifically? If it were me, I'd add some Lps. Get some red brains or some hammer or frogspawn with some unique colors. Or add some sun coral.

For softies you could add some brightly colored Rics (not yuma).

I really like your rock work

Be kinder than necessary because every one you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Current Tank Info: 40 breeder - started 9/2011 - platinum perc and sanjay's black photon clownfishes; sps and lps, and soft corals; 250w MH, 20 long sump w Bubble Magus Nac 3.5 skimmer 12g nano cube -serpent star, mini carpet anemones, w 6 sexy shrimp, 150w MH, maxi je
Korrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/21/2009, 09:09 AM   #3
Limey1
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrine View Post
Tubbs Blue zoa's would be pretty

So what type of coral are you looking for specifically? If it were me, I'd add some Lps. Get some red brains or some hammer or frogspawn with some unique colors. Or add some sun coral.

For softies you could add some brightly colored Rics (not yuma).

I really like your rock work

I really don't know what to add.. I'm very new to salt so I thought I'd ask for suggestions as to what I could keep under CF lights. I do like the hammer coral.. just gotta find one I really like

Limey

Limey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/21/2009, 09:29 AM   #4
Korrine
You could get a ticket!!

CF, eh? I think you may need to upgrade your lights to add a hammer then. They are very photosynthetic.

Save some $$, or go ahead and upgrade your lights. You'll have a lot more coral option down the road if you do

Be kinder than necessary because every one you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Current Tank Info: 40 breeder - started 9/2011 - platinum perc and sanjay's black photon clownfishes; sps and lps, and soft corals; 250w MH, 20 long sump w Bubble Magus Nac 3.5 skimmer 12g nano cube -serpent star, mini carpet anemones, w 6 sexy shrimp, 150w MH, maxi je
Korrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/22/2009, 06:30 PM   #5
wells284
Registered Member

I would add some more fish to get more interaction in the tank. I would get like a clown fish or something that is out in the open a lot.

this thread could help you find more fish.
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...ight=nano+fish

wells284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/22/2009, 07:42 PM   #6
cherubfish pair
Registered Member

I that GSP? Boy it's furry!

Thanks for looking at my build thread and subscribe to it if you already haven't yet!

Current Tank Info: thirty rimless
cherubfish pair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/23/2009, 07:41 AM   #7
Limey1
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherubfish pair View Post
I that GSP? Boy it's furry!
Yes indeed it is.. That has grown well, it started off as two penny sized pieces.

Limey

Unread 11/23/2009, 09:20 AM   #8
Clue
Registered Member

I would have to agree and say upgrade on the lighting is in order and then pick up some lps. Hammers or frogspawn and some nice colors and some movement. And if you do decide to get the clownfish he may host in the hammer which will be an interesting addition to your tank

Unread 11/23/2009, 09:55 AM   #9
_88
Registered Member

I think it looks nice like it is. If you really want LPS/SPS then tou will need to upgrade lights and most likely add a chiller ($$$$.) The best place to get nice zoas for a reasonable price is from your local reef club (if you have one) IMPE. DrsFostersmith has some nice ones in the "Diver's Den" pretty often as well if you're looking for something exotic and don't mind paying $$ for them.

_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/25/2009, 08:56 AM   #10
Limey1
Registered Member

I like the way the set-up looks and I do want to keep things simple. I don't plan on changing the lights or adding a chiller. I do want to add more corals tho. I know I will be limited on what types I can keep. I am seeing growth on the corals I have in there the duncan has grown from 4 heads to 11, GSP are spreading nicely and the zoas are growing... What else could I add??

Thanks
Limey

Unread 11/25/2009, 11:05 AM   #11
_88
Registered Member

A Fiji yellow leather would look nice.

_88 is offline   Reply With Quote