Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Artfully Acrylic
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03/23/2017, 11:40 AM   #1
Elricsfate
Registered Member

Small custom jobs

I was wondering if you guys do small custom jobs, or just big aquariums and lids and such.

I have a Synergy Reef CL-44 sump and I want to put an external refugium next to it under my stand. So I'm looking for something that will butt up against it but be a little taller so I can feed water back into the sump.

Basically I'm talking about a 18x20x24 (or thereabouts) acrylic box with no lid/rim, to use as a 'fuge.

Does that sound like a project you guys would do, or should I keep looking?

Thanks

Elricsfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/24/2017, 07:03 AM   #2
ArtFullyAcrylic
RC Sponsor

Hi! Sure, we can do that. Any plumbing requirements?

ArtFullyAcrylic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/24/2017, 07:29 AM   #3
Elricsfate
Registered Member

I live within driving distance. I'll take exact measurements and then come down and see you guys in person.

To answer your question, there will be a need for a hole at the top, probably 3/4 or 1"

Basically, I want to tee off my return pump to fill the fuge, and then gravity feed back to the sump. So I'll need the fuge to be a couple inches taller, with a bulkhead at the top, to run a small pipe back over to the sump.

It's not an emergency thing, so might be a week or so. I just wanted to know if you guys would do something like that. I prefer to support local businesses when they can provide what I'm looking for.

Thanks

Old 03/25/2017, 07:56 AM   #4
ArtFullyAcrylic
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elricsfate View Post
I live within driving distance. I'll take exact measurements and then come down and see you guys in person.

To answer your question, there will be a need for a hole at the top, probably 3/4 or 1"

Basically, I want to tee off my return pump to fill the fuge, and then gravity feed back to the sump. So I'll need the fuge to be a couple inches taller, with a bulkhead at the top, to run a small pipe back over to the sump.

It's not an emergency thing, so might be a week or so. I just wanted to know if you guys would do something like that. I prefer to support local businesses when they can provide what I'm looking for.

Thanks
Great, thanks! When you get there, tell Adam that Tom sent you.

Cheers

Old 03/31/2017, 08:47 AM   #5
Elricsfate
Registered Member

Ballpark (like within $75-$100) can you estimate what I'd likely pay for something with the dimensions above? I am within driving distance, but it's not a short drive lol, so I'd like to be sure I have the money before I stop by.

Old 04/02/2017, 06:27 AM   #6
ArtFullyAcrylic
RC Sponsor

Sure thing, we'll work up a quote for you!

Old 04/03/2017, 10:46 AM   #7
Elricsfate
Registered Member

Thanks. Those aren't the exact measurements, but they will be close. I have to move a reactor or two where I want to place the fuge. Then I can see exactly how much width I am working with. Depth will definitely be 18 inches. Height is... however tall you need to make it to put a 3/4 inch bulkhead at the top so water can run through a pipe over and into the sump (which is 18" tall).

Old 04/07/2017, 10:10 AM   #8
Elricsfate
Registered Member

Okay, the dimensions are 18 deep, 10 wide, and the sump is 18 tall, so however much taller than 18" you need to make it to fit a 3/4" bulkhead and allow a 3/4"pvc to run across the top of the sump. Gimme an inch of clearance so I can remove lids if I need to. If you guys can go ahead and install the bulkhead that would be great. I'd like to make it threaded so I can easily remove the pipe if I need to.

As soon as you can give me a price, I can give you a date.

Thanks

Old 04/08/2017, 08:16 AM   #9
ArtFullyAcrylic
RC Sponsor

Morning - sending a PM now.