Reef Central Online Community
Blue Zoo Aquatics

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Aquatronica
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03/11/2017, 11:59 PM   #1
Rogger Castells
Registered Member

Talking My dream tank ran by a Touch ctrl.

I am still in the process of finishing my tank build and when I do I will be posting a complete tank build, but, I wanted to give big thanks to Errico at oceanview in Canada and the Aquatronica team in Italy (Federica and Marco) for all the help you've provided during this time.
Ok, so first some stats of the tank, this tank build has been in the planning for the last 3.5 years which is when I had to sell my previous tank due to some health issues, this tank was made by a good friend Felix from Reefsavvy, its 72x36x20 wich is approx 230gal, it seats on an iron stand, the sump is a Royal Exqlusiv Dreambox and I chose the aquatronica touch controller to run the whole system, there are 2 x Tunze stream 3 in the tank for circulation and my idea is to make this tank an SPS dominated tank.
Here are some pictures of the controller, there will be more in the full build thread, feel free to ask any questions. Thank you!

Rogger Castells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/15/2017, 09:37 PM   #2
nickjj
Premium Member

I like the idea of the bracket in the front of the tank for the Touch which I have considered mounting it like that too. I decided not to since it will invariably get wet when working on the front of the tank. I mounted it on the wall beside my tank.

Great start to your build. Good luck....

Current Tank Info: Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion 20 - Fully Automated with Aquatronica Touch Controller
nickjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/16/2017, 12:11 AM   #3
Rogger Castells
Registered Member

Yes that is certainly a possibility, however, the tank is still not finish and it's missing a piece of granite that will wrap around the tank and cover the controller, I'll still be able to pull it out with the bracket and push it back when not in use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 04/12/2017, 09:00 PM   #4
RobbyG
Premium Member

Nice setup Roger.
I am dying to see it when its complete.
BTW I like how you kept those wires loose, it speaks volumes about your experience level.
I made the mistake when I first setup my original AQT of putting things in a bit too neatly and man did I pay for it when I had my first problem. I had to be cutting tie straps and removing wires from conduit, it took me about an hour just to get one probe out and replace it!

BTW we both have the same dosing tanks. How did you use that orange hose? Mine had a terrible smell that just made me throw it away. I guess they changed it.

Rob

Current Tank Info: Insanely Automated Low Power Consumption 90 Gal Oceanic Bow System/Aquatronica Touch Controller/AQ Dosing Pump/AQT LEDS/AQ SMS/Seq Dart Pump/ASM G3/Ozotech Ozonizer/Koralin 1502/Chiller/Typhoon3 Ro/S.Squirt /Phos React/Rmt DSB
RobbyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/12/2017, 09:16 PM   #5
Rogger Castells
Registered Member

Thanks Robby, yes I did the same mistake a few years back with the wires and had to undo it and never went back to neat again, this time the keyword was "practical"
I didn't noticed any smell on the orange hose but I did find it extremely small to work with, in retrospective I probably should not have used it, but that is an easy change when the time comes.

Old 04/14/2017, 09:14 AM   #6
nickjj
Premium Member

Just a suggestion. I have been using a half inch wide velcro tape that you can buy in a roll very useful instead of the plastic tie wraps. You can cut it to any length to bundle cables together which also allows you to remove them easily when tracking down a wire. I used the velcro exclusively when wiring up Network cabling in large rack installations and audio production studios.

Current Tank Info: Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion 20 - Fully Automated with Aquatronica Touch Controller
nickjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/14/2017, 09:19 AM   #7
Rogger Castells
Registered Member

That's a great idea, I would look for those, Thank You !

Old 04/19/2017, 03:12 AM   #8
bilalry
Registered Member

That looks awesome!
I am running the same controller with great results so far!

By any chance has anyone had any issues setting up the email notifications?

Thanks!

bilalry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/19/2017, 08:17 AM   #9
Rogger Castells
Registered Member

I did but I am not great with that type of settings, so I asked a friend who works in IT and he did it in 5 minutes for me and worked fine

Old 04/19/2017, 08:48 AM   #11
Rogger Castells
Registered Member

Awesome, thank you, I am glad to see you active here on the forum!