Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/20/2018, 12:11 PM   #1
rffanat1c
Registered Member

Apex saved my bacon!

Never saw the use for a controller, but picked up an Apex 2016 today because I am going to do auto water changes and wanted a salinity alert if my Litermeter got stuck pumping water out. I have the high alert for the system in case it pumps too much in but had nothing if it pumps too much out.

Well I plugged in both heaters (2 300w Hydors) and have been noticing they both have been on almost all the time (Finnex controller). Began to watch the watts and the newer one was holding steady around 270 watts. Older one started at 173 watts and within 5 minutes, was down to 1 then 0 and stayed there despite the light being on.

I have succumbed to the Apex crowd!

rffanat1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/20/2018, 07:13 PM   #2
Jonviviano
Registered Member

Apex is worth every penny. I personally do not have one but my brother does. He had a power strip catch on fire while he was not home but was notified via email that his ORP had went way out of wack. He knew something was wrong and went home. Saved the day!

Jonviviano is offline   Reply With Quote