Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > The Reef Chemistry Forum
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/15/2016, 12:22 PM   #176
crook6693
Registered Member

Hi all
Sorry to bring this old thread up but continuum exodus has now released the same\similar products, aren't these the same company

I thought marine pure blocks were a good product and worked year on year for nitrates being almost zero, continuum has also released a block similar to marine pure called exodus back, next exxodus nitryx laced with sulphur and exxodus phos but unknown if this is gfo.

My own thoughts with marine pure are good, I guess this is a copy/similarities to pure but once the sulphur and go are used up I guess the blocks just become similar to live rock?

crook6693 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/15/2016, 06:08 PM   #177
bertoni
RC Mod

The exxodus bacteria and nitrate media should be identical. The phosphate media has some GFO added. I'd stick with the other media. They should be about the same as the MarinePure product.

Unread 08/16/2016, 05:41 AM   #178
crook6693
Registered Member

Thinking of maybe going to bio pearls again, only stopped last time due to bio churn design continually blocking and stopping

crook6693 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/16/2016, 06:45 PM   #179
bertoni
RC Mod

A lot of people seem to be successful with the bio-pellets.

Unread 08/17/2016, 12:26 AM   #180
Lion-o
Registered Member

Just wanted to chime in to say the xport n03 product didn't really do anything for my tank. Not to say they can or don't work, just that they did not work for me. I had some in a reactor and the rest in filter socks sitting in my sump.

However, I did buy a new skimmer and that combined with the constant carbon dosing has started to diminish it down. We were well into the 40s and measured only 15 last weekend

Unread 04/11/2017, 04:30 PM   #181
cwschoon
Registered Member

I have had the Xport NO3 brick in my sump since the end of Feb, 2017 and have not seen any positive results, however, I did not seed mine. Any results, good or bad out there?

cwschoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/30/2017, 09:07 AM   #182
cwschoon
Registered Member

Any feedback on Xport No3 dimpled brick?

Unread 01/22/2018, 01:49 PM   #183
Dukestane
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwschoon View Post
I have had the Xport NO3 brick in my sump since the end of Feb, 2017 and have not seen any positive results, however, I did not seed mine. Any results, good or bad out there?
Placed one of these in my sump last night. I too, did not seed. Do you have anything to report?

Dukestane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/22/2018, 05:18 PM   #184
cwschoon
Registered Member

Nothing positive! Nitrates still through the roof

Unread 01/22/2018, 06:58 PM   #185
bertoni
RC Mod

Seeding might shorten the startup time, in theory, but it isn't necessary. You might need to add more media. The nitrate export products effectively are artificial live rock. I don't know how effective this brand is, but that's the way they would work, if they work.k.

Unread 01/23/2018, 07:35 AM   #186
cwschoon
Registered Member

My brick was in an area in my sump which had too much flow. I have since moved it.

Unread 03/15/2018, 11:04 AM   #187
Tevosyan
Registered Member

I need help with Xport bio plate.
My tank is mixed reef Fluval Evo 13.5, there is also skimmer from fluval. I have placed bio plates few days ago and since then my skimmer gets crazy, it is making foam like washing machine, I don't have any died fish in tank everybody is fine, also corals are not bad so I don't see any difference between before bio plate and after it, but the fact that skimmer is not working as it have to makes me worry that something may happen soon.
will be grateful for any advice

Current Tank Info: Fluval Evo 13.5 nano tank, stock return pump, Sicce nano voyager 1000l/h wavemaker, AI Prime HD lighting
Tevosyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/15/2018, 11:17 AM   #188
divewsharks
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tevosyan View Post
I need help with Xport bio plate.
My tank is mixed reef Fluval Evo 13.5, there is also skimmer from fluval. I have placed bio plates few days ago and since then my skimmer gets crazy, it is making foam like washing machine, I don't have any died fish in tank everybody is fine, also corals are not bad so I don't see any difference between before bio plate and after it, but the fact that skimmer is not working as it have to makes me worry that something may happen soon.
will be grateful for any advice
I have not used the xport, but have used the marine pure; neither are instant, they take time (which can be weeks) to seed and begin to work. Did you rinse any excess dust before adding them to the tank? Or soak and seed them with bacteria?

divewsharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/15/2018, 11:44 AM   #189
Tevosyan
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by divewsharks View Post
I have not used the xport, but have used the marine pure; neither are instant, they take time (which can be weeks) to seed and begin to work. Did you rinse any excess dust before adding them to the tank? Or soak and seed them with bacteria?
Yes did, 10-15 minutes I rinsed the unit under the tap after making three parts in order to fit filter area, then I have added one part immediately, another parts I leave 1 day to be in aquarium water and seed with bacteria. the problem begins in few minutes after putting first block. so now I don't know how to be, if there is something in that bio-plates that already dissolved in tank water so removing plates will not help i guess.

Current Tank Info: Fluval Evo 13.5 nano tank, stock return pump, Sicce nano voyager 1000l/h wavemaker, AI Prime HD lighting
Unread 03/15/2018, 03:11 PM   #190
bertoni
RC Mod

At this point, I think all that you can do is wait. Removing as much of the skimmate as possible will help speed the process. If you remove the plates from the tank and clean them carefully with vinegar, it might remove whatever surfactant was on them, but I suspect that all of the compound already is in the water column. Skimming a bit wetter would help, too, if you have time to empty the cup.

Unread 03/15/2018, 04:35 PM   #191
Tevosyan
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertoni View Post
At this point, I think all that you can do is wait. Removing as much of the skimmate as possible will help speed the process. If you remove the plates from the tank and clean them carefully with vinegar, it might remove whatever surfactant was on them, but I suspect that all of the compound already is in the water column. Skimming a bit wetter would help, too, if you have time to empty the cup.
Thank you much, I think You are right, I will ask my kids to empty cup as soon as it is filled, also every week I am changing 10 liters of water which is 10% of my tank, what do you think if I change 30-40% at this week-end?

Unread 03/15/2018, 04:53 PM   #192
bertoni
RC Mod

Water changes will help, too, if you don't mind the investment of time and money. I'd avoid exposing live rock when doing the changes, as much as possible, to avoid possible die-off. It's rare to have big problems from exposing live rock to air, but it does happen. 15-20% at a shot should be safe enough.

Unread 03/15/2018, 04:55 PM   #193
marinelife
Registered Member

Brightwell says to soak them overnight in bacteria. Otherwise its slow to work.

I would say that is the same with all media!

All LED since 2010.

Current Tank Info: 375 Gallon Reef with siporax, all LED lighting, and Red Dragon 3 and Abyzz A200 on 2 closed loops.
marinelife is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
croutons, new products, nitrate, nitrogen cycle, organic carbon, phosphate remover