Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Avast Marine Works
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/23/2013, 09:38 AM   #1
VeL
Registered Member

Pump for Calcium Reactor + Effluent Chamber

I plan on buying SeaBones II calcium reactor together with Size I Effluent chamber and was wondering if the recommended for the SeaBones II pump Sicce Syncra 1.0 (251gph/950lph) will have enough juice to move water through both chambers. I assume it should be okay as we only need a slow drip but still wanted to get a confirmation first. Thanks.

VeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/24/2013, 10:36 AM   #2
ctenophore
RC Sponsor

Hi VeL,
Yes, the Sicce 1.0 will drive the Seabones II. The circulation pump doesn't move water through the effluent chamber. Your water feed system (whether gravity, feed pump, manifold port, etc) determines how much water flows through the reactor. The circulation pump in the main chamber simply recirculates water while mixing CO2 gas.

Justin

ctenophore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/24/2013, 12:25 PM   #3
VeL
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctenophore View Post
Hi VeL,
Yes, the Sicce 1.0 will drive the Seabones II. The circulation pump doesn't move water through the effluent chamber. Your water feed system (whether gravity, feed pump, manifold port, etc) determines how much water flows through the reactor. The circulation pump in the main chamber simply recirculates water while mixing CO2 gas.

Justin
Ah I see. So what pump size and brand would you recommend for moving water from the SeaBones II, through the Effluent Chamber Size I to the sump? I was thinking of tee-ing my return pump but I do not want to lose flow thus ill just get another pump.

Unread 10/24/2013, 05:33 PM   #4
scottwhitson
Registered Member

You only feed your calcium reactor with such a small flow rate (Drips) that it won't make any difference on your return rate into your tank.

scottwhitson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/25/2013, 02:56 PM   #5
VeL
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwhitson View Post
You only feed your calcium reactor with such a small flow rate (Drips) that it won't make any difference on your return rate into your tank.
There will still be some pressure and flow loss and my return pump is a bit weak already. Another thing is that it will be quite hard to tee it so I plan on getting a separate feed pump for the calcium/effluent reactor alone. What would you recommend guys?