Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > EcoTech Marine
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/18/2018, 05:18 PM   #1
tc2007
Registered Member

Ecotech Radion lighting model # ****ups

Ecotech I hope you are reading this. Your design decision to not easily visually differentiate various Ecotech models over various generations is causing headaches when people buy and sell these units. I am one of those got a wrong model number. All these units look the same from outside pictures. There should be a different coloration or atleast some kind of ascent that separates G4 from G3 or G5 and Pros from non-Pros. Right now, one would have to look at the LED bulbs carefully OR look at the packaging to know.

Hope you take this important feedback and your next generation has those changes.

Unread 11/22/2018, 01:23 AM   #2
Wind
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc2007 View Post
Ecotech I hope you are reading this. Your design decision to not easily visually differentiate various Ecotech models over various generations is causing headaches when people buy and sell these units. I am one of those got a wrong model number. All these units look the same from outside pictures. There should be a different coloration or atleast some kind of ascent that separates G4 from G3 or G5 and Pros from non-Pros. Right now, one would have to look at the LED bulbs carefully OR look at the packaging to know.

Hope you take this important feedback and your next generation has those changes.

Can you elaborate?
I don't think the G5s are out yet? I think for most, they go by what the retailers are listing them as. But what identification would be the most obvious? The box? Or identification on the model?

Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/22/2018, 08:44 AM   #3
mfinn
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc2007 View Post

I'm sure a simple phone call with the serial number would clear up any confusion.

Unread 11/23/2018, 08:34 PM   #4
tc2007
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
Can you elaborate?
I don't think the G5s are out yet? I think for most, they go by what the retailers are listing them as. But what identification would be the most obvious? The box? Or identification on the model?
I would say putting the model number on the black box on top in large enough letters would be nice.

Unread 11/23/2018, 08:35 PM   #5
tc2007
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfinn View Post
I'm sure a simple phone call with the serial number would clear up any confusion.
Sellers (including me) have made mistakes on this forum listing the model # wrong. 2 years ago I sold an XR30W G3 thinking I had bought a Pro model when it was not.

Unread 11/26/2018, 12:28 AM   #6
unze
Registered Member

Quote:
I would say putting the model number on the black box on top in large enough letters would be nice.
great idea,

unze is offline   Reply With Quote