Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > EcoTech Marine
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/04/2018, 06:40 PM   #1
Tom39
Registered Member

Nothing but praises to EcoTech Customer Service

A few weeks ago, I had an issue occur that resulted in the wet and dry side of my MP40QD disconnecting. At first it would happen about once a week and I would wake up in the morning and find my wetside on the sand bed and the dryside hanging from the safety attachment tab. Then the frequency of the disconnect was every 3 days, then to every day. After a few episodes of this happening I decided that I would seek the help of EcoTech to see if they could help me figure out what was going on. So, I contacted EcoTech via a CS trouble ticket, describing my issue and requesting help.

Now keep in mind that my pumps are well out of the warranty period. It is also noteworthy to relay that I am, like most people I know, ridiculously busy and always trying to do more than I should or is possible. The result of this was that often times it would be days between the time I received a response from Mike at EcoTech before I responded back with an answer. Needless to say, I was not the model customer requesting help.

Anyway, that said, Mike with EcoTech CS never ignored a single email response from me, always responded professionally and did so with an honest willingness to truly want to help me solve my problem. Another thing that I really appreciated about Mike was that he always responded within 12- 24hrs and always provided me with well a thought out suggestion to try and possibly resolve my issue.

In the end, my issue wasn’t a pump issue but was a glitch in my Apex programming which exaggerated the fact that I was using a pump standoff spacer that was at the limit of its design. To be clearer, I was using the thin spacer, which is rated up to ½” glass and the thickness of my glass is ½”. Instead I should have been using the gasket spacer which has a minimum thickness of ½” and provides the magnetic attraction needed for the varied programming I was wanting to use with my Apex. All of that can be summed up in 2 words “User Error”.

Lastly, I would like to take this moment to thank EcoTech for their outstanding customer service and also Mike for being patient with me during the process and sticking it out until my issue was resolved.

Thank you again, it was much appreciated,
Tom G
Spotsylvania, Virginia, USA

Current Tank Info: 150g Marineland Cube
Tom39 is offline   Reply With Quote