Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/28/2016, 04:41 AM   #1
Matthew2324
Registered Member

Talking Need help and advice on the aquaforest product

Hi Guys and Aqua Forest team

I need some help on the filtration method for the AquaForest probiotic salt that i will be using for my 2nd tank build. As per mention on the AquaForest site, they state that the product are using bacteria to reduce the no2 and po4.(let me know if wrong info hahaha)

So i am kind have some question on the filtration method for housing the bacteria on

k1 kaldnes
Marine pure block
ceramic rings
bio balls
live rock
or any suggestion for increase the probiotic performance to reduce or maintain po4 and no3 @ stable rate.

another question for the phosphate minus and carbon, can i pack it in a filter bag in an ios tank to filter the po4 and no3.

just to mention that the 2nd tank still in planning but the build i currently planning is

mixed reef tank
3ft * 2ft * 2ft tank
sump 2.5ft *2ft *2ft

any suggestion on the filtration please let me know as i just a new guy in reefing ..

So happy reefing

Matthew2324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/28/2016, 07:27 AM   #2
plyle02
Registered Member

Hello,
With a mixed reef, depending on how heavy with bio-load you could go with either AF Reef Salt, or Probiotic Reef Salt. These salts mix to close to NSW values, this is a plus for those who try and maintain those values. If you choose the probiotic route, the system is best utilized with Probiotic Reef Salt as the staple, complimented with Pro Bio S(Bac source) and NP Pro(carbon source). This is what helps to maintain ULNS. Many users implement siporax, matrix, or blocks to create a home for bacteria to populate, this helps the system to efficiently process N&P. Also in the lineup you have the corals supplements to feed and provide vitamins and essentials in coral building. There is the mineral and trace mineral aspects, covered with use of Component 123. Check out the downloadable user guide, query on the Probiotic Method for demanding SPS. This will give you the lineup. Here is a link to learn about products, after all, this is your reef, and the more you know the better. If you get stuck or have questions, please do not hesitate Cheers http://aquaforest.eu/en/wszystkie-produkty/

"Anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die" ~Buddha~

Current Tank Info: 50 Gallon AIO Cube, Aquamaxx WS-1 Skimmer, LED/ Hybrid 4x24 watt t5
plyle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/28/2016, 09:10 AM   #3
Matthew2324
Registered Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by plyle02 View Post
Hello,
With a mixed reef, depending on how heavy with bio-load you could go with either AF Reef Salt, or Probiotic Reef Salt. These salts mix to close to NSW values, this is a plus for those who try and maintain those values. If you choose the probiotic route, the system is best utilized with Probiotic Reef Salt as the staple, complimented with Pro Bio S(Bac source) and NP Pro(carbon source). This is what helps to maintain ULNS. Many users implement siporax, matrix, or blocks to create a home for bacteria to populate, this helps the system to efficiently process N&P. Also in the lineup you have the corals supplements to feed and provide vitamins and essentials in coral building. There is the mineral and trace mineral aspects, covered with use of Component 123. Check out the downloadable user guide, query on the Probiotic Method for demanding SPS. This will give you the lineup. Here is a link to learn about products, after all, this is your reef, and the more you know the better. If you get stuck or have questions, please do not hesitate Cheers http://aquaforest.eu/en/wszystkie-produkty/
another question for the phosphate minus and carbon, can i pack it in a filter bag in an ios tank to absorb the po4 and no3.

thanks bro for the informative info

Matthew2324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/29/2016, 06:01 PM   #4
plyle02
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew2324 View Post
another question for the phosphate minus and carbon, can i pack it in a filter bag in an ios tank to absorb the po4 and no3.

thanks bro for the informative info
I see no harm in this, this however depends on your bioload

"Anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die" ~Buddha~

Current Tank Info: 50 Gallon AIO Cube, Aquamaxx WS-1 Skimmer, LED/ Hybrid 4x24 watt t5
plyle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/01/2017, 09:55 AM   #5
anilchhibba
Registered Member

Using aquaforest Carbon alongside other aquaforest products

I have a doubt that is it normal to dose aquaforest products if we are doing aquaforest carbon filteration in the sump? Pl advise.

anilchhibba is offline   Reply With Quote