Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/16/2018, 05:15 AM   #1551
Nickyfish
Registered Member

hello my tank has just finished cycle

right not nothing but live rock and some hermits and snails in tank
want to start adding items now

how should i set the light settings to start with

120 gallon
1 ap700
1 current

Nickyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/16/2018, 02:51 PM   #1552
nly04
Registered Member

Will 2ea AP700 efficient to cover a 48”x30” tank? I am thinking to switch out my radion to AP700.

nly04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/20/2018, 11:30 PM   #1553
harvin6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sil40sx View Post
Couple months 100% now:

how many units of ap700 and what is the size of yourr tank?

harvin6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/23/2018, 06:43 AM   #1554
Boochika
Registered Member

I'm sure this has already been answered has anyone else ran into issues with they're kessil light mounts touching water surface? I ysed the plastic mount it came with to raise the light to stop it from happening but it's still annoying and makes the mount less stable.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Anyone know about assessor fish? Seems cool but I haven't seen much about them on the forum

Current Tank Info: 80 gallon simple set up with sump filtration

Last edited by Boochika; 06/01/2018 at 09:54 PM.
Boochika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/27/2018, 03:30 AM   #1555
Nickyfish
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nly04 View Post
Will 2ea AP700 efficient to cover a 48”x30” tank? I am thinking to switch out my radion to AP700.
I have 1AP700 and a 48" current led and i am happy so far and I think i could do without the current

Unread 06/01/2018, 07:04 PM   #1556
manilaboy1vic
Registered Member

I just installed an AP700 today.. coming from 1x360we and 2x160s..

i also got a PMK..

tank is:

DT dimensions: 68g 35.5(l) x 19.5(w) x 21.5(h)

light is like 5" above the water... have it set at 80%.. put a new monticap in there where the reading is 250+ Par..

moved my susnet monti off the bottom which was not getting enough light with my previous setup.. and those were at 85 intensity.. with the sunset monti directly below the a360 and at 85%, the par was a barely 200.. i should of maxed out the intensity on the pucks but was too excited for the ap700..

having the pmk is so helpful in coral placement.. like just eyeballing it seems so sketchy.. at least now i know the par reading of where i have stuff..

manilaboy1vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/01/2018, 09:53 PM   #1557
Boochika
Registered Member

Did you buy or borrow par meter?

Anyone know about assessor fish? Seems cool but I haven't seen much about them on the forum

Unread 06/04/2018, 11:19 AM   #1558
scottbeyer101
Registered Member

Only 240 PAR at 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor2j View Post
I have 2 on a 60" tank. 9 hours of light, 5 max at 71%. 9 inches off water. PAR 8 inches below water line is only about 240.
My tank is 59X22X22 and currently running 3 X Hydra 26. My acros are telling me not enough or very spotty PAR so been lurking this forum.

Read the first 36 pages and finally started at the end working back and saw your PAR numbers. Find 240 surprisingly low for 8" deep. Better than my Hydras ~200. Likely much better dispersion as well.

But two questions:
a) are you running a lense?
b) if you have SPS dominant, how they liking it?

Unread 06/04/2018, 01:32 PM   #1559
joshmun
Registered Member

Anyone having success on smaller tanks ~50g? Only saw one reply to my last note. I’m running it at 12” above. 35% peak.

joshmun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/04/2018, 01:51 PM   #1560
Boochika
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottbeyer101 View Post
My tank is 59X22X22 and currently running 3 X Hydra 26. My acros are telling me not enough or very spotty PAR so been lurking this forum.

Read the first 36 pages and finally started at the end working back and saw your PAR numbers. Find 240 surprisingly low for 8" deep. Better than my Hydras ~200. Likely much better dispersion as well.

But two questions:
What are you using to measure par?

Unread 06/04/2018, 03:18 PM   #1561
Thor2j
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottbeyer101 View Post

But two questions:
No lense.

Mixed reef. Sps doing pretty well. Think they could use a little more light but worried about some of the Lps and others. May inch it up a little soon.

I still have plenty of room to turn the intensity up.

Thor2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/07/2018, 08:29 AM   #1562
chevythang92
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by svandive View Post
I’m starting up a new 180 60x24x25. I have two ap700 at 10” over the surface and am getting about 174 par at the sand bed. This tank will mainly be sps with a few lps at the sand bed. 13 hour photo period with a 4 hour peak at 100%. Been acclimating my corals as I’ve been adding them.

I don’t have any T5 supplementation however I do have two Hydra 26 lights I have been thinking about adding to supplement the middle section. Basically move the ap700s to the edge and fill in the middle with the hydras.

One thing I really wish for is a better app experience. I can not believe how poorly the app for these lights functions. I can never get these lights to stay in sync (clocks) nor stay connected (both of them) to the app. I fire up the app and after the long wait time to find the lights, the app 85% of the time only finds one.... frustrating from such a great hardware manufacture....
any updates on your ap700 . i will be hanging 2 ap700 myself with a aquatic life hybrid .

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

chevythang92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/07/2018, 08:58 AM   #1563
svandive
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevythang92 View Post
any updates on your ap700 . i will be hanging 2 ap700 myself with a aquatic life hybrid .

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
So I tried the Hydras but trying to get a good color match was way too much of a hassle. I have since purchased a Kessil A360WE and have this mounted int he center between the two AP700. The color matches and the spread is fantastic. I love this setup now.

svandive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/15/2018, 01:30 AM   #1564
Nickyfish
Registered Member

is there a way or place to download programs for ap700

Unread 06/15/2018, 10:21 PM   #1565
sil40sx
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvin6 View Post
how many units of ap700 and what is the size of yourr tank?
Just one on a 36" tank.

But I have 2 x 39w T5 for supplement.

sil40sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/16/2018, 03:32 AM   #1566
Nickyfish
Registered Member

I have AP700 and a 48”currentnorbot led on my 120 and it’s mint

Unread 06/22/2018, 08:55 PM   #1567
CTaylor
Registered Member

Hi,
I didnt see where anyone had a fix for the flicker question. Early yesterday morning (9 am) the light flickered on and off. It's set to go on at 11 am. This is still with the light going off randomly in the day. It doesnt seem to be tied with color changing/spectrum. I work at home so I see this happening. I do not think it's happened at night after 7 pm for some reason. So most people with these lights that do not work at home will have no idea if this is happening. I'll contact kessil, unless someone knows how to fix it.

Thanks

CTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/22/2018, 09:34 PM   #1568
Boochika
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTaylor View Post
Hi,
I didnt see where anyone had a fix for the flicker question. Early yesterday morning (9 am) the light flickered on and off. It's set to go on at 11 am. This is still with the light going off randomly in the day. It doesnt seem to be tied with color changing/spectrum. I work at home so I see this happening. I do not think it's happened at night after 7 pm for some reason. So most people with these lights that do not work at home will have no idea if this is happening. I'll contact kessil, unless someone knows how to fix it.

Thanks
I've seen this occasionally but like you stated mine is when it's between spectrums. I haven't noticed it otherwise. Also since I set my own program and light has been up a while I haven't noticed it in a while

Unread 06/22/2018, 11:32 PM   #1569
CTaylor
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boochika View Post
I've seen this occasionally but like you stated mine is when it's between spectrums. I haven't noticed it otherwise. Also since I set my own program and light has been up a while I haven't noticed it in a while

Boochika, are you home about all day to see if it flickers and when? My tank is right by my desk. It happens in 'spurts' of days that it happens, many days on end it doesnt (from what I can tell, and I'd see 90% of it since I'm right next to it). I'll check the times it happens again, but I"m pretty sure its not at lighting changes. If I didnt work at home I'd say it never happens at all.
The part that is bothersome more is when I saw it flash on then off when it was in night mode.

Unread 06/23/2018, 02:24 AM   #1570
minus9
Registered Member

What's the incoming voltage to the house? I had an issue with one of my AP700's not turning on or working. I thought I had a bad light, come to find out, my voltage was really low. My apex was giving me voltage errors, so I had the local utility company come and check the mains, sure enough the voltage was only 107 and below. After some work at the local substation, the voltage is back to normal (for the most part, still a little high in the mornings).
As I was prepared to ship the light back to Kessil, I noticed the voltage adjustment(s) on the driver. So I decided to turn it all the way down, then turn two points clockwise, plugged everything in and it worked. Somehow the voltage adjustment was set too high on the driver and that's why it didn't power on. The drivers are adjustable from 100v to 217v (or something close to that?), so it could be the reason why these lights flicker? Not enough voltage depending on the adjustment.
Worth a look? Good luck and keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

minus9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/23/2018, 05:49 AM   #1571
RedStangGA
Registered Member

I've had mine flicker off during the day but haven't noticed it flicker on. I also work from home and have 2 AP700's over the tank by my desk.

The flickering off doesn't happen all the time. Remapping the lights in the app seems to temporarily fix the issue for me. Sometimes lol!

Unread 06/23/2018, 05:55 AM   #1572
markster33139
Registered Member

Quite a few people including myself have experienced this. Mine will actually turn on briefly for about 2 seconds on the odd occasion in the morning when it is supposed to be off. I spoke with the Kessil reps at Reefapalooza Orlando and they had no solutions or suggestions other than to return the light (which was only a couple weeks old when I first noticed this). I contacted Kessil and they seem to be aware of the problem, but could also offer no solutions. Hopefully they are working on a fix for this with a firmware update.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Unread 06/25/2018, 02:56 PM   #1573
Leahfish
Registered Member

Mine flickers too but it's not really a big deal to me.

Leahfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/25/2018, 03:49 PM   #1574
CTaylor
Registered Member

MIne is not at the light color changes. It might be a big deal though to the corals etc to have it flash on in middle of night. That I dont know. I had it happen for long periods of time, going off, I had to send it back. I'm thinking/guessing could be a heating issue, which might not be good for the light long term. I'll ask Kessil whats going on before my warranty ends.

Unread 06/25/2018, 03:51 PM   #1575
CTaylor
Registered Member

Saw this one after I posted my very recent post. I'll look into those things also .
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minus9 View Post
What's the incoming voltage to the house? I had an issue with one of my AP700's not turning on or working. I thought I had a bad light, come to find out, my voltage was really low. My apex was giving me voltage errors, so I had the local utility company come and check the mains, sure enough the voltage was only 107 and below. After some work at the local substation, the voltage is back to normal (for the most part, still a little high in the mornings).
As I was prepared to ship the light back to Kessil, I noticed the voltage adjustment(s) on the driver. So I decided to turn it all the way down, then turn two points clockwise, plugged everything in and it worked. Somehow the voltage adjustment was set too high on the driver and that's why it didn't power on. The drivers are adjustable from 100v to 217v (or something close to that?), so it could be the reason why these lights flicker? Not enough voltage depending on the adjustment.
Worth a look? Good luck and keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk