Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/29/2017, 12:52 PM   #1
crabbydan
Registered Member

TTM and thank you

Just want to thank all the contributors to these forums. Seems I am always coming back seeking answers or searching for information.
I'm on day two of my TTM / QT process for what I think is my last addition to my 105 DT. He is a tiny 1 inch tomini. Did I spell that right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crabbydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/29/2017, 01:03 PM   #2
crabbydan
Registered Member

Can't wait to introduce him to his new home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unread 05/29/2017, 01:09 PM   #3
hecterma
Registered Member

Nice! What are you using as a QT? Do you just use water from your DT?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

hecterma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/29/2017, 01:11 PM   #4
hkgar
Registered Member

For TTM no DT water. New water every 3 days (72 hours max)

180 gallon, 40 gallon sump, 3 250 W MH + 4 80W ATI T5's, MTC MVX 36 Skimmer, Apex controller Aquamaxx T-3 CaRx

Current Tank Info: A 2 Barred Rabbitfish, Red Head Salon, Yellow/Purple, McMaster Fairy, Possum, 2 Leopard Wrasses, Kole, & Atlantic Blue Tangs, 2 Percula Clown, 3 PJ and 1 Banggai Cardinalfish , Swallowtail, Bellus and Coral Beauty Angels
hkgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/29/2017, 10:09 PM   #5
crabbydan
Registered Member

I use freshly made saltwater from my rodi in the garage. I have done this for every fish since I had an ich incident about 3 years ago. I have only lost one fish in a TTM process and it was my fault as I added prazipro and miscalculated the gallons in my qt. My qt/ttm is three plastic containers and on the 14th day (Yes i do 2 extra days) i move to a glass observation tank which has a bubble filter that comes from my sump and is thrown away and replace with a new sponge the next time i think about buying an addition. Side note, not only is the plastic containers cheap but I find the fish are less frightened by the clear glass or reflection of themselves in a glass set up. Also my TTM bins are supplied with a set of 6 PVC Tee's that i rotate through, three seperate cheap tiny heaters (took me forever to get them set to the same temp) and a set of airstones and an air pump. was at a local fish store that has a lot of resale stuff and picked up a box of 20 wood red sea airstones for 2 dollars.

Unread 05/30/2017, 10:23 AM   #6
hecterma
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbydan View Post
I use freshly made saltwater from my rodi in the garage. I have done this for every fish since I had an ich incident about 3 years ago. I have only lost one fish in a TTM process and it was my fault as I added prazipro and miscalculated the gallons in my qt. My qt/ttm is three plastic containers and on the 14th day (Yes i do 2 extra days) i move to a glass observation tank which has a bubble filter that comes from my sump and is thrown away and replace with a new sponge the next time i think about buying an addition. Side note, not only is the plastic containers cheap but I find the fish are less frightened by the clear glass or reflection of themselves in a glass set up. Also my TTM bins are supplied with a set of 6 PVC Tee's that i rotate through, three seperate cheap tiny heaters (took me forever to get them set to the same temp) and a set of airstones and an air pump. was at a local fish store that has a lot of resale stuff and picked up a box of 20 wood red sea airstones for 2 dollars.
Super helpful! Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

hecterma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/01/2017, 01:53 PM   #7
scooter31707
Registered Member

I'm glad it's working out for you. When things are done right and not rushed in this hobby is can be a world of difference.

scooter31707 is offline   Reply With Quote