Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/17/2019, 08:41 AM   #1
Dave_Buffalo
Registered Member

Post WANTED: Dual input Temperature controller with alarm

I recently moved and am setting up my tank again, having a hard time getting stable temp. between my 2 heaters, not sure why... It was fine before. I'm thinking of getting a controller that takes 2 heater inputs with an alarm. I see this one but there's no reviews. Any suggestions?

[URL="https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/dual-digital-heater-controller-itc-306t-inkbird/?gclid=CjwKCAiA_MPuBRB5EiwAHTTvMUxhD7TjDBgclYG4dMxleEZFODnrqXbE_QNn0A_-k6yItUcX80Lx2hoCopcQAvD_BwE"]

Also just a general Forum question. I don't like starting a new post, would rather reply to others, but the post I replied to isn't showing up at the top of the list. Do these have to get approved? I think forums work better if people search/reply rather than create new posts all the time, because most of the answers can be found in previous posts.

Dave_Buffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/17/2019, 10:15 PM   #2
Oldreeferman
Registered Member

Are the 2 heaters used?
If so are they digital or analog? Might be an issue with one of them, especially if analog & used. Ive had a used analog go bad on me before.
Im a fan of digital, more reliable & no moving parts etc. A heater controller will protect against a heater that won't shut down & some do come with an alarm as well as an outlet for a fan which can be nice if a light needs cooling in Summer over the tank.
The Inkbird has decent revues that would let you know which one may be faulty if overheating is the issue. If not heating enough then new heaters may be required unless the new location has broad room temp swings.

You have low posts, that is the reason your having an issue i believe. You can read more about this by going to the top of the page & click on my RC or type in min posts in search & it will show what you need to know. Good luck with the heaters.

Current Tank Info: Nano Reef tank
Oldreeferman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/18/2019, 05:36 AM   #3
mcgyvr
Registered Member

Yes that one works fine and will run dual heaters from a single probe and has an alarm..
Plenty of reviews at this link..
https://www.amazon.com/Inkbird-Elect.../dp/B07R4XZP3H

This site has a protection feature where it will "jail" new users posts that include external links/images and a moderator must approve them before they will show up to us.. Doesn't matter if its a new post or a reply to others..

Tags
controller, heater, temperature control