Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Do It Yourself
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/29/2017, 11:09 AM   #1
aumoenoav
Registered Member

0-10V on Jebao DCP 18000

Has anyone had any luck getting 0-10V to work on the "new" DCP 18000 pumps from Jebao. It does not exist any official support for the 0-10V on that pump so someone might have tried to do it?

aumoenoav is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/29/2017, 11:40 AM   #2
mcgyvr
Registered Member

http://www.fish-street.com/aqlink-a1...ect-controller

I have one of the DCP pumps but have not opened it to probe the lines to see what the signals are now..
I suspect they are different..

I thought the ones in the past were 0-5V analog.. These might just be 0-10V out of the box now.. But I'm just making assumptions now..

Unread 08/29/2017, 12:48 PM   #3
aumoenoav
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgyvr View Post
http://www.fish-street.com/aqlink-a1...ect-controller

I have one of the DCP pumps but have not opened it to probe the lines to see what the signals are now..
I suspect they are different..

I thought the ones in the past were 0-5V analog.. These might just be 0-10V out of the box now.. But I'm just making assumptions now..
Yeah, but it max at DCP 10000 and cant be used on the faster pumps. Im not sure what to look for, but I might have a DCP 15000 controller that I can take apart for testing purposes.

Unread 08/29/2017, 03:35 PM   #4
mcgyvr
Registered Member

You never answered my question in your other post..
Why do you want a variable speed return pump like that? Being able to adjust it during setup is one thing but you vary the speed frequently doesn't make sense..
Thats a very uncommon request and likely why there is nothing out there to accomplish that..

Unread 08/30/2017, 02:13 AM   #5
aumoenoav
Registered Member

Quote:
You never answered my question in your other post..
Why do you want a variable speed return pump like that? Being able to adjust it during setup is one thing but you vary the speed frequently doesn't make sense..
Thats a very uncommon request and likely why there is nothing out there to accomplish that..
Because it makes it more flexible and stable for me. Im running a manifold out of the return that drives a TC2060 skimmer, chiller, UV and two reactors, then Im running a rollermat at the other end that wants a special flow.

If I for some reason decide to turn off one reactor Id rather want my GHL to control the speed of the return pump to keep it stable on 4000 liters pr hour to my display than starting to run the display at 8000 liters pr hour (just an example) if I by some reason forget to adjust the return pump that I maybe has been using time to exactly be the speed to make everything dead silent. It makes dialling in my system better, and avoid changes in output from the return tubes that could disturb thing in the display.

Unread 08/30/2017, 04:45 AM   #6
mcgyvr
Registered Member

well yes thats why adjustable pumps are nice but whats wrong with the built in controllers that come with them?
Why do you also need 0-10V external control?
Does your GHL also have a flowrate sensor or something? How is it going to know you turned a reactor off?

Unread 08/30/2017, 10:07 AM   #7
aumoenoav
Registered Member

Quote:
well yes thats why adjustable pumps are nice but whats wrong with the built in controllers that come with them?
Why do you also need 0-10V external control?
Does your GHL also have a flowrate sensor or something? How is it going to know you turned a reactor off?
Yes it has a flow sensor and capable of controlling the pump automatically

Unread 03/24/2018, 08:47 PM   #8
incloud
Registered Member

I just got the 18000 and can't for the life of me get the controller to do anything. It just says P 130. I'm absolutely amazed the power this thing has and doesn't make the slightest sound. Tiny trickle of water on occasion is about it. No regret if I can figure out how to control it.

incloud is offline   Reply With Quote