Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Saint Louis Area Saltwater Hobbyists (SLASH)
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/11/2017, 02:51 PM   #1
Sorcha2
Registered Member

Looking for Cheato or other macro algae with pods

Hi,
I'm actually a college student out of Rolla but occasionally make it up to St. Louis. I've got a Mandarin and I'm in the process of setting up a larger refugium becuase he keeps devouring all the pods. I've heard some people use macro algae for nutrient export and being a poor college student figured I'd check and see if anyone had some they wanted to get rid of preferably with pods.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sorcha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/11/2017, 10:32 PM   #2
reefslugs
Registered Member

I have a lot. I was getting ready to take some to Corals and More, which I do every two weeks. I live in St.Charles. Let me know if you can come my way and I'll set you up with a big bag.

Current Tank Info: Oceanic 200g mixed reef, 65g sump/fugium, 4 Viporspectra LED's, Tunze 2105 x 2 with controller, Simplicity return pump & skimmer, Octopus calcium reactor, lots of love.
reefslugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/12/2017, 12:01 AM   #3
Sorcha2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefslugs View Post
I have a lot. I was getting ready to take some to Corals and More, which I do every two weeks. I live in St.Charles. Let me know if you can come my way and I'll set you up with a big bag.
Sweet I'd really appreciate that. I'm going to try and make a trip to St. Louis this Friday.

Unread 12/12/2017, 09:12 AM   #4
EDJFA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefslugs View Post
Do you sell it to them?

I've never been able to get my cheato to grow...until I took my GFO reactor offline. It went from a clump that was off color and about the size of a tennis ball to bright green and bowling ball size in about 3 weeks. I struggled to find a single amphipod in that part of my fuge, now they're everywhere. Big, fat, and happy.

If Lei buys it, I might have to do that when it's time to remove some.

Unread 12/19/2017, 09:42 PM   #5
Sorcha2
Registered Member

Hey I managed to get some. Seascape had it in again.

Unread 12/20/2017, 07:00 AM   #6
kegogut
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorcha2 View Post
Hey I managed to get some. Seascape had it in again.

Ouch, Im sure you paid a lot for it from Seascape.(Anything more than free is a lot). Lots of people in the club give chaeto away for free (myself included) thats over stuffed with pods/worms/life.

Next time get some from someone here in the club.

"I have learned all kinds of things from my many mistakes. The one thing I never learn is to stop making them." --Nicomo Cosca.

Current Tank Info: 225 mixed w/ 225 sump 550 lbs live rock,3x MarinePure ceramic blocks,Skimz SM201,Geo 618 CR,Vectra L1,DOS automatic water changes,3x 250w MH w/ 4x actinic T5,All ran by Apex thru Fusion.--57 community tank w/ OR T-247,120 nem tank.
kegogut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/20/2017, 07:25 AM   #7
Sorcha2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kegogut View Post
Ouch, Im sure you paid a lot for it from Seascape.(Anything more than free is a lot). Lots of people in the club give chaeto away for free (myself included) thats over stuffed with pods/worms/life.

Next time get some from someone here in the club.
Yeah that was my original plan but I never could get connected with anyone from the club to get some and I don't make it to St. Louis very often. I need to try and make it to a meeting sometime and actually meet some other people who keep saltwater tanks becuase I don't really know anyone who does.

Unread 12/20/2017, 02:26 PM   #8
clevername
Registered Member

In the future, add me to the list of people who can help out. Even its just a scoop of sand...ect

clevername is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/20/2017, 03:18 PM   #9
Sorcha2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevername2000 View Post
In the future, add me to the list of people who can help out. Even its just a scoop of sand...ect
Ok thanks I appreciate it