Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/27/2015, 01:34 PM   #126
DaveMorris
VP, SDMAS

For those of you that have received your Archon and can power it up but can not seem to access it...Check to see that the power supply that came with it is a [B]9v, 1000ma[B] power supply. Apparently some 6v power supplies got mixed in the batch from their power supply vendor. They will supply enough to power up most of the Archon, but not the web server. Contact DA support via phone or email and they will send you out a new power supply. You may be able to make it work if you have at least two PC4's connected directly to the bus connections on the unit.

Current Tank Info: 130g build in progress
DaveMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/27/2015, 06:49 PM   #127
cidbozek
Registered Member

Just unpacked mine, as I had it ready to send back when the replacement came. I have the 6v! I will unhook my hub from the elite tomorrow and let everyone know if that changes anything.

Current Tank Info: 90 Mixed reef,Radion xp30w pro,RO Diablo,MP40,MP10s,Sump with fuge,40 breeder frag tank
cidbozek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/27/2015, 09:51 PM   #128
DaveMorris
VP, SDMAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cidbozek View Post
Just unpacked mine, as I had it ready to send back when the replacement came. I have the 6v! I will unhook my hub from the elite tomorrow and let everyone know if that changes anything.
If you used a 9v power supply on your hub, then it should be fine to connect directly to the Archon. The plug is the same on both.

Unread 02/27/2015, 10:25 PM   #129
cidbozek
Registered Member

Yes it's a 9v, I'm sure I will be trying about 6am. When the coffees done perking I'm gonna get at it and see how far I get. It's going to go one of two way. #1 I'm going to be playing with it all day and ****ing the love of my life off! #2 it's not going to work either and I'm going to go sit on the couch a stew until my replacement comes, my street is on the before noon route always everyday, so either way my love is gonna be mad lol. I want to see the fun start!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE ???

Current Tank Info: 90 Mixed reef,Radion xp30w pro,RO Diablo,MP40,MP10s,Sump with fuge,40 breeder frag tank
Unread 02/27/2015, 10:29 PM   #130
cidbozek
Registered Member

Any idea when that may be available for download Dave?

Unread 02/28/2015, 04:13 AM   #131
janes_mw
Registered Member

Quote:
Any idea when that may be available for download Dave?

There was a SW and HW update available yesterday. I updated and it was helpful in allowing old power bars to be "seen" now without much fuss.
Mike

300G 96x24x30, BK250 Skimmer with Avast Swabbie, LED/T5, Geo CaRx with Masterflex effluent cntl, Zeovite User - Avast Marine Tumbler, Archon control, Vortech MP60,Tunze 6125, & Jebao RW20 making waves
janes_mw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/28/2015, 10:15 AM   #132
cidbozek
Registered Member

Used the 9v power supply from my hub and Im in. Thanks everyone here and on DA forums. Let the fun begin.

Unread 03/03/2015, 02:28 PM   #133
cidbozek
Registered Member

The fun ended About an Hr later!

Unread 03/03/2015, 02:39 PM   #134
kenman345
Registered Member

Quote:
The fun ended About an Hr later!
What fun are we talking about? I havent heard much about what others are doing with their systems yet

kenman345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/03/2015, 07:46 PM   #135
cidbozek
Registered Member

Their is no fun, meaning it doesn't work. So I'm not doing anything with my system, lol

Unread 03/04/2015, 12:22 AM   #136
DaveMorris
VP, SDMAS

Quote:
Their is no fun, meaning it doesn't work. So I'm not doing anything with my system, lol
If you can be more specific, perhaps we can help. Or is it terminal?

Unread 03/04/2015, 07:32 AM   #137
cidbozek
Registered Member

I was being helped by Eric on Thursday after a few days of trying to contact them, New unit was supposedly shipped out! Received email yesterday stating there MIGHT be a new 9v power pack being shipped! well to bad that's not how the phone call ended! I do have the 6V, but that's still not the problem! New unit was supposed to be on the way before the whole 6v power screw up was even founded. Either way Eric said they were replacing the unit! I have a 9v from my hub that got me in, but that's it! Email also asked if I have the 6v? How is a 9v shipping if they are asking if I have the 6v or 9v in the email? However read DA forum, your on there too, afd347afd is my name there!

Unread 03/06/2015, 01:52 PM   #138
shellsea
Registered Member

Just a heads up to all, the DA support site posted another update to Archon last night which includes Web Cam info. I'm still working on port forwarding but hope to get to web cam status soon. I'm somewhat technically challenged but loving the Archon programming ease. Erik has also set new sub forums up for each module. Seeing some real improvement in customer service.

Unread 03/06/2015, 01:56 PM   #139
kenman345
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellsea View Post
Just a heads up to all, the DA support site posted another update to Archon last night which includes Web Cam info. I'm still working on port forwarding but hope to get to web cam status soon. I'm somewhat technically challenged but loving the Archon programming ease. Erik has also set new sub forums up for each module. Seeing some real improvement in customer service.
Indeed, it's exciting times for the new boards on their support site. I have already started getting things going with code modifications. I look forward to seeing you get involved.

kenman345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/06/2015, 08:28 PM   #140
janes_mw
Registered Member

Quote:
shellsea - I had major issues getting my port forwarding to work. It was my gateway and my service provider in the end. I had a crapo Arris wireless gateway. I made them come out and just change to a plain ole cable modem and then hooked a linksys wifi router (mine) to it. 10 minutes later, port forward worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenman345 View Post
Indeed, it's exciting times for the new boards on their support site. I have already started getting things going with code modifications. I look forward to seeing you get involved.
Kenman - this is the sole reason I stuck with Archon. I am not much of a programmer, but folks like you provide such a rich environment of great user improvements/ideas and let us "code lacking users" reap the benefits. First hand thank you to that.

overall, I have still not put mine live. I have been playing with getting just the way I like and also testing all the interfaces as I go along. I have some requests that I will like to get ideas on how to do, but those will come soon.

so far, even with the "new system getting familar with", I really like.

300G 96x24x30, BK250 Skimmer with Avast Swabbie, LED/T5, Geo CaRx with Masterflex effluent cntl, Zeovite User - Avast Marine Tumbler, Archon control, Vortech MP60,Tunze 6125, & Jebao RW20 making waves
janes_mw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/07/2015, 12:59 AM   #141
DaveMorris
VP, SDMAS

Having been a beta tester for DA since the RKE first came out, I have been in a position to get some inside track information on upcoming features, software, hardware, etc. You guys have no idea whats coming with the Archon. There are many things that people have been asking for on this system for a long time and the Archon will allow these improvements to be made. Stay tuned, there's plenty more where that came from!

Unread 03/07/2015, 06:07 AM   #142
MJNTWise
7 Year Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMorris View Post
Having been a beta tester for DA since the RKE first came out, I have been in a position to get some inside track information on upcoming features, software, hardware, etc. You guys have no idea whats coming with the Archon. There are many things that people have been asking for on this system for a long time and the Archon will allow these improvements to be made. Stay tuned, there's plenty more where that came from!
Come on man Give us a hint!!!! lol

Current Tank Info: 180 gal. 40B gal. sump. 100 lbs live rock, Duel Cor 20 return pump,30"lifereef skimmer,4 MP 40, 4 XR15w Pro 4 with 2 50/50 reefbrites, Apex Control
MJNTWise is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/12/2015, 09:41 PM   #143
cidbozek
Registered Member

Quote:
GoPro work?

Unread 03/12/2015, 10:24 PM   #144
DaveMorris
VP, SDMAS

Quote:
GoPro work?
The camera needs a URL in order for it to work with the Archon. It is meant for IP cams. Not sure if you can set up a GoPro that way.

Unread 03/14/2015, 12:18 AM   #145
SoloGarth
Registered Member

I have bee waiting and watching all this since the new system was announced. I have been running my RKE system for years now with minimal problems. Obviously the net server is slow and not very stable and setting it up requires some networking knowledge. The firmware update process is archaic. Watch an eco tech marine firmware upgrade to see how this should be done. My sl2v2 and salinity probe still don't work even after all the drama surrounding that. I just gave up on that one as it seems to require weekly calibration. A few other problems that I won't go into here.

In any case I would prefer to make my purchase through BRS if possible since I trust them. Are there plans to have retailers distribut the Archon? I haven't seen anything yet. BRS seems to have jumped the DA ship some time ago in favor of the Apex.

As for new updates I would really like to see some of the stuff Neptune has had for a long time. Leak detectors, UPS compatibility, ect. Also is there an iOS app for this system? I have zero interest in something that requires me to use a browser for all access. Particularly when considering the loss of the head unit/display.

SoloGarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/14/2015, 01:02 PM   #146
rainydave
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloGarth View Post
As for new updates I would really like to see some of the stuff Neptune has had for a long time. Leak detectors, UPS compatibility, ect. Also is there an iOS app for this system? I have zero interest in something that requires me to use a browser for all access. Particularly when considering the loss of the head unit/display.
Just wondering why you feel an iOS app is superior to a browser based control.

As I understand it, There are plans in the future to repurpose the RKL/RKE head unit to function with the Archon.

Current Tank Info: Oceanic 58 RR, Archon controller
rainydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/14/2015, 01:32 PM   #147
SoloGarth
Registered Member

Well a lot of reasons really. But what it comes down to is ease of use. The reason apps exist is that they are easier and quicker to use than a browser. They do not require you to input a URL and are not a subject to other shortcomings of browsers. Am I really alone in thinking this way? Pretty much every modern web connected device uses an app rather than just a web browser.

SoloGarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/15/2015, 12:16 AM   #148
DaveMorris
VP, SDMAS

I have not heard whether or not DA is going to launch an app for the Archon, but I too think it is totally unnecessary. Entering a URL on my phone or iPad really isn't that tough. You can also bookmark it as well. That being said, if enough people request it, I am sure that they will work on it.

Unread 03/15/2015, 06:18 AM   #149
atreis
Registered Member

Curious - I have an RKL and RKE (on separate tanks) - how does the programming of the Archon differ?

I'm one of the few that offered up suggestions for improvement on the old forum here when their developer asked for it.

Thanks.

Current Tank Info: custom 100g reef, custom sump
atreis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/15/2015, 06:36 AM   #150
Volcom698
Registered Member

So is the Archon giving you guys many problems since it's so new?

Would you recommend people to wait to get it or are they not having many problems with it.

Since a lot of the Archon modules are not out yet, are you just using the original modules? Also what's going to be the difference between the two modules?

Volcom698 is offline   Reply With Quote