Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/28/2018, 12:42 PM   #1
spechty
Registered Member

Downsizing to Nano

I want to set up a nano. I found a kit on Marine depot.

I might want to keep some soft corals down the road. Right now just want FOWLR.

Innovative Marine 20 Gallon nano kit. with skimmer and media reactor.

Do I need the media reactor?

I was going to buy the tank and skimmer separately. It is like $100 difference if I buy piecemeal vs the kit. then use that money for lights.

What lights would you recommend?

spechty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/28/2018, 01:00 PM   #2
spechty
Registered Member

found these also.
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/max-n...m-red-sea.html

https://www.marinedepot.com/JBJ_28_G...CKTLTT-vi.html

Last edited by spechty; 06/28/2018 at 01:05 PM.
spechty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/28/2018, 10:58 PM   #3
Conchman
Registered Member

I’m not seeing a need for a skimmer. I did not need one on my 20. 3-4 gallons is 20% water change...i ran a Gen 4 Ecotech, decent spread. Factor lower light corals to the sides...

Conchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/10/2018, 08:31 AM   #4
zaitmi
Registered Member

Try DIY Reef Glass Skimmer if you know some glass factory they will make it, You just need a 10 inch glass which is both sides open with 1.25inch dia. It looks stunningly beautiful in the display tank. Just Highlight and it will turn heads.

Unread 08/06/2018, 10:48 AM   #5
aznflyfisherman
Registered Member

With a tank this small, i dont see a need for skimmers or reactors, unless you already have one laying around, i would invest in good led lights instead. I keep my 29g biocube simple, less equipement means less point of failure. Just perform a 5g water change month would probably be good as long as you dont over stock it. My 29g i have 3clowns, yellow watchmean goby n a royal gramma n 5 btas n some corals.

aznflyfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/17/2019, 04:20 AM   #6
lakshay
Registered Member

red sea max nano aquarium

This Red Sea Max Nano Bundle contains nearly all that you will require for an effective reef aquarium. The Max Nano highlights the most recent in reef-keeping innovation including AI's Prime HD LED lighting with coordinated Wi-Fi control, filtration and flow frameworks, a programmed top-off unit and a simple access control focus.

Additionally accompanies the Hydor Aqamai KPS Wi-Fi Controllable Wavemaker Pump, Brightwell Aquatics NeoMarine 16 Gallon Salt Mix (two packs), Coralife Deep Six Hydrometer, CaribSea LifeRock Shapes (20 lbs), Two Little Fishies CorAffix Adhesive Gel (.7 oz), Flipper Magnet, Purigen, and Seachem Meridian Aragonite Sand 7.7 lbs (two sacks). Does exclude the stand.

The Hydor Aqamai KPS Wi-Fi Controllable Wavemaker Pump has enhanced the Hydor Koralia by including wi-fi wave-making controllability. Tweak aquarium water development anyplace on the planet from the accommodation of your Android or iOS keen gadget. The Aqamai Pump is littler than any similar siphons available. This 1050 gph siphon is sufficient for tanks up to 50 gallons while just estimating 2.5 x 1.88 inches. It can undoubtedly be taken cover behind the stone in the Max Nano tank.

The two packs of Brightwell Aquatics NeoMarine 16 Gallon Salt Mix will give you enough salt for both the underlying arrangement and water changes. Measure the saltiness with the Coralife Deep Six Hydrometer. Incorporates CaribSea LifeRock Shapes (20 lbs) to make your stone structure, Two Little Fishies CorAffix Adhesive Gel to stick the stone together, and a 15" x 11.5" Black Styrene Egg Crate base to put your stone on and secure the base of your tank.

The Purigen will help control smelling salts, nitrites, and nitrates. The Flipper Magnet Aquarium Algae Cleaner is a 2 out of 1 aquarium cleaner that can FLIP from scrubber to scrubber basically by turning the handle. The Seachem Meridian Aragonite Sand (two 7.7 lb packs) is a perfect substrate for reef aquariums. Fishsubsidy.org

lakshay is offline   Reply With Quote