Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > EcoTech Marine
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/28/2017, 08:41 PM   #1
gtguy256
Registered Member

Angry New mp40wqd

I just purchased two new mp40wqd powerheads and one of them is significantly louder than the other. It is rattling or sounds out of balance. I have tried many times to line it up better but it makes no difference in sound. I have already sent an email to ecotech but I am wondering is this something that will go away with time, and can I run it on low overnight. Or should leave it turned off to avoid any damage?

gtguy256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/03/2017, 07:37 AM   #2
bohannbj
Gone Fishin'

I had a similar issue the other day with my mp-10. They told me there was a break in period of a week or two. In fairness mine broke in after a day. Good product, but that should be on a card in the box. When you spend that much on a pump, you don't want to hear anything.

Current Tank Info: 270+180 + 75= 525 & 65 + 15= 80
bohannbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/19/2017, 08:28 AM   #3
minus9
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtguy256 View Post
I just purchased two new mp40wqd powerheads and one of them is significantly louder than the other. It is rattling or sounds out of balance. I have tried many times to line it up better but it makes no difference in sound. I have already sent an email to ecotech but I am wondering is this something that will go away with time, and can I run it on low overnight. Or should leave it turned off to avoid any damage?
Did yours ever quiet down? I just bought a brand new one and it's no quiet at all. I have the right gasket and everything seems to be aligned properly, but it's pretty noisy.

minus9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/19/2017, 08:47 AM   #4
gtguy256
Registered Member

It did quiet down I just ran it at minimum power to start and slowly ramped it up over two or three days. Now there is very little difference between the two power heads.

gtguy256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/19/2017, 10:06 AM   #5
minus9
Registered Member

Good to know, thanks!

minus9 is offline   Reply With Quote