Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/03/2018, 11:12 AM   #751
Montireef
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ppage666 View Post
Is anyone running the degassing chamber? Is it worth it? What media goes in it?
I use the big one with my AC3 Pro and coral bones, I recommend: inexpensive and easy to install. In a few days I will install the new Algae Reactor which includes an input specifically designed to connect the Calcfeeder's effluent output and will pull pH up without any doubt, besides achieving a good nutrient control.

Montireef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/06/2018, 01:51 AM   #752
robbous
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montireef View Post
I use the big one with my AC3 Pro and coral bones, I recommend: inexpensive and easy to install. In a few days I will install the new Algae Reactor which includes an input specifically designed to connect the Calcfeeder's effluent output and will pull pH up without any doubt, besides achieving a good nutrient control.
I have the AC4 calcium reactor and the new L model Algea reactor with the effluent out put of the calcium reactor hooked up to the input of the algae reactor this thing grows algae like crazy but I have yet to see my pH rice because of it :-( all in all tho I do like the Algea reactor

Current Tank Info: 500 Gallon display tank 200 gallon basement sump
robbous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/30/2018, 03:54 PM   #753
Ppage666
Registered Member

Does the pause button do anything on the calcfeeder I’ve tapped it but can’t see anything happening?

Paul

Ppage666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/31/2018, 08:15 AM   #754
Ted_C
Registered Member

Quote:
Does the pause button do anything on the calcfeeder I’ve tapped it but can’t see anything happening?

Paul
There's something "funny" with the touchscreen. I'll end up having to tap a button a few times until the tap actually registers.

So try and try again...

But the pause button basically pauses the operation of the calcfeeder. No new water will be fed into the calcreactor.

Unread 03/31/2018, 10:09 AM   #755
Ppage666
Registered Member

I’ve tapped it about 10times and nothing.

What about the standalone in the settings, what’s that for ?

Unread 03/31/2018, 11:48 AM   #756
HippieSmell
Occupy Reef Central

Quote:
I’ve tapped it about 10times and nothing.

What about the standalone in the settings, what’s that for ?
Firmware updates helped my screen responsiveness. Still not the most responsive screen, but adequate.

Current Tank Info: 78"x36"x27" acrylic, 6 Orphek Atlantik V3+ Compacts, MRC Orca Pro II w/washdown, CalcFeeder Pro AC3, Emperor Aquatics 80w UV, 80/20 aluminum stand, Vortech MP60's, Theiling Rollermat, GHL Profilux 3.1T EX, Kessil H380
HippieSmell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/31/2018, 01:06 PM   #757
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Hello
If pump is working touchscreen is off - the same with flow increase/decrease buttons.
You need to wait till dosing pump will pause - and then screen will be responsible for touch.
It's not pointed in actual manual, but without any doubt it have to.
Happy Easter!

Regards

Przemek

Unread 03/31/2018, 01:30 PM   #758
Ppage666
Registered Member

Thanks For the reply’s.

But the dosing Pump is not operational the pause button still has no function.

Unread 03/31/2018, 02:34 PM   #759
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Are you using latest firmware? Which revision it is?
Standalone mode is for feeding all other calcium reactors(which use pH probes not optical sensors) in the same way like Masterflex pumps.

Unread 04/01/2018, 04:17 PM   #760
Ppage666
Registered Member

I’m on version 1.s18

Unread 04/02/2018, 01:14 PM   #761
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Drop mail to service@pacific-sun.eu, they will assist you.

Unread 04/02/2018, 02:02 PM   #762
Ppage666
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemek_PacSun View Post
Drop mail to service@pacific-sun.eu, they will assist you.

Will do thanks

Unread 05/09/2018, 11:46 AM   #763
ejsing86
Registered Member

I have bought the mini and it's up running

i'm having a hard time getting the right amount of co2 in the chamber. if I set the bubble counter at like 2 bubbles per second, the co2 chamber never fills more than 2-3cm. it stops there - while co2 is on and running. If I set bubble counter to like 10-15 bubbles a second it will fill the chamber, and the solenoid valve constantly switches on and off.

Cant find any leaks anywhere - is it just the initial setup that requires a higher amount of bubbles, or is this a problem??

(it's like the water is pushing the co2 somewhere, but cant find any leaks - is it the water thats absorbing the co2??)

ejsing86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/09/2018, 12:03 PM   #764
HippieSmell
Occupy Reef Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejsing86 View Post
I have bought the mini and it's up running

i'm having a hard time getting the right amount of co2 in the chamber. if I set the bubble counter at like 2 bubbles per second, the co2 chamber never fills more than 2-3cm. it stops there - while co2 is on and running. If I set bubble counter to like 10-15 bubbles a second it will fill the chamber, and the solenoid valve constantly switches on and off.

Cant find any leaks anywhere - is it just the initial setup that requires a higher amount of bubbles, or is this a problem??

(it's like the water is pushing the co2 somewhere, but cant find any leaks - is it the water thats absorbing the co2??)
Give it a few days to settle down and then reassess. Give it a high bubble count. High as in you don't even need a needle valve and can just use a good regulator.

Current Tank Info: 78"x36"x27" acrylic, 6 Orphek Atlantik V3+ Compacts, MRC Orca Pro II w/washdown, CalcFeeder Pro AC3, Emperor Aquatics 80w UV, 80/20 aluminum stand, Vortech MP60's, Theiling Rollermat, GHL Profilux 3.1T EX, Kessil H380
Unread 05/09/2018, 02:17 PM   #765
ejsing86
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieSmell View Post
Give it a few days to settle down and then reassess. Give it a high bubble count. High as in you don't even need a needle valve and can just use a good regulator.
thanks for advice, think it's allready settled..

But wonderes about 1 thing in this reactor.. why do they recommend 1-2 bubbles a sec, when you have the solenoid valve?? shouldnt that take care of everything regardsless if it's 1 or 10 bubbles a sec?? dont get that recommendation??

ejsing86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/09/2018, 04:52 PM   #766
HippieSmell
Occupy Reef Central

I don't know why they recommend that, either. The website and customer support give different recommendations.

Unread 05/10/2018, 07:09 AM   #767
Ted_C
Registered Member

It's all in the back-pressure required when the solenoid opens (and feed rate after the solenoid opens). I think I saw somewhere they recommend around 15 PSI w/ 1-2 bubbles per second. 15 PSI is around 1 BAR I think.

That's higher than other reactor recommendations (around 10 PSI).

My Solenoid also clicks on alot (every time water's added) - but I think that's the way it's supposed to be (to keep you saturated with CO2).

Unread 05/16/2018, 08:50 PM   #768
HippieSmell
Occupy Reef Central

So, my circulation pump died, for the second time. I heard a rattling noise for a few minutes, then silence. I haven't opened it up, but I assume it's another broken impeller. Is there an online source for impellers?

Unread 05/16/2018, 09:51 PM   #769
robbous
Registered Member

Quote:
So, my circulation pump died, for the second time. I heard a rattling noise for a few minutes, then silence. I haven't opened it up, but I assume it's another broken impeller. Is there an online source for impellers?
I'd like to know this too in case my pump ever dies because mine has stopped on a few occasions where I've had to unplug it and let it cool down and restart it now I've been running a small fan blowing on it thinking at the pump is overheating and this will keep it cool. So far so good, if my pump ever does die I would like to find a place where I can get a new one quickly

Unread 05/17/2018, 10:06 AM   #770
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Hello
We were notified by Aquabee that they released some pumps with faulty impellers (unfortunately) - but it solved since many months. Possible your pump had that "version" of impeller .
Please contact with our service directly we will send free replacement(which we got from Aquabee).
In all other cases - PLEASE contact with our support directly ASAP, we are not able to trace all forums, websites - and in situation when Customers are not getting replies like here they are simply disappointed by Customer support. But we simply don't know that if anybody will not contact with us directly.
Thank you!

BR

Przemek

PS. We hadn't so many reports about faulty impellers. Rob, if you worry about that your pump will stop please contact with our service, if it will be needed and your pump overheat - we will send you replacement pump.
Don't worry, we stay behind our products - as you know probably ;-)

Unread 06/04/2018, 09:25 AM   #771
HippieSmell
Occupy Reef Central

It turns out the impeller was fine, but the pump died. Pacsun is sending a new pump. So, as I've said multiple times, the reactor isn't perfect but pacsun stands behind their product.

Unread 06/05/2018, 09:38 AM   #772
biecacka
Registered Member

That's great to hear!

Corey

biecacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/06/2018, 11:54 PM   #773
robbous
Registered Member

Quote:
It turns out the impeller was fine, but the pump died. Pacsun is sending a new pump. So, as I've said multiple times, the reactor isn't perfect but pacsun stands behind their product.
Yes they do and I stand by that they have always gave me great tech support and if I ever had issues with equipment you need it replaced they were always there for me :-)

Unread 06/07/2018, 01:55 AM   #774
PacSun Service
Registered Member

Hello

We had in past few damaged Aquabee pumps (they send us some pumps where impellers had hidden deffect). We already solved this problem.
If any of our customers have problem with Aquabee pump in calcfeeder please send us mail at service@pacific-sun.eu we will replapce damaged pump.

Best regards
Pacific Sun Service

PacSun Service is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/21/2018, 01:10 AM   #775
Don.helsted
Registered Member

Jumping in on the wagon here just received an ac mini for my red sea max E260 looking forward to setting it up. ill hope to set it up monday as im going away for the weekend and have no change of controlling it over the weekend so guessing its best to wait.

ill keep you updated here.

ill switch from balling how would u do it totally stop it and start reactor or gradually decrease balling and increase reactor if needed ?

my thought where to start at 100 ml and then decrease balling to it stable and then raise ml a day to balling is faded out.

Don.helsted is offline   Reply With Quote