Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Tunze
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/29/2016, 01:53 AM   #1
Go29
Registered Member

Tunze nano ATO malfunction

Hey hoping Roger (or anyone else who may know whats going on) can help me out here, bought a tunze nano off amazon less than 5 months ago and it seems the "controller" has decided to die. Here is what I've tried:

Noticed tank water level was low (running on a 25 gallon cube) and that the float was all the way to bottom of the holder, so I unplugged tunze nano and then plugged it back in. It gives the pump an audible sound, much like it's getting ready to pump water but then immediately shuts off.

Thinking it was maybe the pump I removed the wires (blue and red) and tried the pump out on a 9v battery, and the pump started right up and was delivering water into the tank. So again I reinstalled the red and blue wires, plugged the unit back in, and it once again gives the pump enough power to start to "rev up" then just stops.

Would really appreciate any help or assistance you can offer to me in this matter. Thanks for your time !

Last edited by Go29; 05/29/2016 at 02:05 AM.
Go29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/30/2016, 02:47 AM   #2
rvitko
RC Sponsor

While it could be the controller, I lean toward the pump. The battery test only gives us an answer if the pump does not work. The controller detects the current draw of the pump and while it may work without a current limit from a battery or power supply, the controller sees it is drawing too much and could be a safety issue (starve the board for power so it cannot run the safety timer or float) and shuts it off. A controller failure is rare and usually has other features such as a burned smell or rapid clicking/buzzing. I suggest we try a new pump first as usually if the controller is bad, the pump was the root cause. Can you email me your receipt? Tunze at sbcglobal dot net

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/31/2016, 11:39 AM   #3
Go29
Registered Member

just sent email with invoice attached. You can just shoot me email back with response. Thanks so much for your reply

Go29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/09/2016, 06:58 AM   #4
Noknock
Registered Member

Roger, I'm having the same issue with one purchased off Amazon as well. I just hooked it up a few days ago but have had it over two months. It worked fine for a couple of days. If they won't ship me a new one can I send you my invoice as well?

Noknock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/09/2016, 08:14 AM   #5
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Yes, of course.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote