Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Royal Exclusiv / Bubble King
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Reply
Thread Tools
Old 11/18/2018, 10:53 AM   #1
chema
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 200
New Mini Bubble King with Red Dragon 6

Hi all: I'm thinking about replacing my old Mini Bubble King 200 which takes a lot of room in my sump and is also a little bit noisy. I guess the new DC Red Dragon pumps are silent compared to the old 1500 (which is pretty quiet, but not silent).

Checking the specifications of the new Mini Bubble King 160 with the new Red Dragon 6 it says it takes up to 1000 l of air and 2500 l of water, which is a lot more of the old 160. Would that be enough for a 120 g tank heavily stocked or would it be better to wait for the new 180?

Thanks for your advise.


chema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/18/2018, 11:01 AM   #2
slief
RC Sponsor

 
slief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Simi Valley, Ca
Posts: 13,820
It’s rated up to 500l max tank size. It would be helpful to know what your load is in terms of fish. I truly heavy load is about 1/2” of fish per display gallon. My guess is you don’t have anywhere near that much fish load but I could be wrong. If you truly have a heavy fish load, then I would wait for the 180.


__________________
Director Customer Support Royal Exclusiv USA
For All Royal Exclusiv & Bubble King questions please refer to our Sponsor forum: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=745

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11/19/2018, 02:03 AM   #3
chema
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post
It’s rated up to 500l max tank size. It would be helpful to know what your load is in terms of fish. I truly heavy load is about 1/2” of fish per display gallon. My guess is you don’t have anywhere near that much fish load but I could be wrong. If you truly have a heavy fish load, then I would wait for the 180.
You are right. I'm not very good at calculating fish lengths but I would say I have about 2/3 of that, as much. When saying heavily stocked I meant corals, not fishes

By the way, am I right assuming that the Red Dragon 6 is quieter than old 1500, even at 100%?

Do you know when the new 180 will be available?


chema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/19/2018, 07:32 AM   #4
slief
RC Sponsor

 
slief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Simi Valley, Ca
Posts: 13,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by chema View Post
You are right. I'm not very good at calculating fish lengths but I would say I have about 2/3 of that, as much. When saying heavily stocked I meant corals, not fishes

By the way, am I right assuming that the Red Dragon 6 is quieter than old 1500, even at 100%?

Do you know when the new 180 will be available?
It should be more quiet but the 1500ís are already very quiet. Not sure when the 180 will be available. That model release has not been announced yet but I would expect in the next few months. Maybe sooner.


__________________
Director Customer Support Royal Exclusiv USA
For All Royal Exclusiv & Bubble King questions please refer to our Sponsor forum: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=745

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11/19/2018, 07:35 AM   #5
chema
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post
It should be more quiet but the 1500ís are already very quiet. Not sure when the 180 will be available. That model release has not been announced yet but I would expect in the next few months. Maybe sooner.
Thank you slief. I just got an e-mail from Royal Exclusive stating that the new version of the 180 (with the Red Dragon 6 pump) will become available by the end of next week. At least in Europe.

They also confirmed that the RD 6 is more quiet than the 1500


chema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/19/2018, 07:37 AM   #6
slief
RC Sponsor

 
slief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Simi Valley, Ca
Posts: 13,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by chema View Post
Thank you slief. I just got an e-mail from Royal Exclusive stating that the new version of the 180 (with the Red Dragon 6 pump) will become available by the end of next week. At least in Europe.

They also confirmed that the RD 6 is more quiet than the 1500
Great to hear. We are awaiting our first shipments of the new models here in the US. Those should come in with the next shipment but an ETA on that has not yet been confirmed.


__________________
Director Customer Support Royal Exclusiv USA
For All Royal Exclusiv & Bubble King questions please refer to our Sponsor forum: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=745

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11/19/2018, 07:43 AM   #7
chema
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post
Great to hear. We are awaiting our first shipments of the new models here in the US. Those should come in with the next shipment but an ETA on that has not yet been confirmed.
Right now the upgraded 160 is already offered with a 5% discount. Hope the upgraded 180 will share the same treatment. Then I'll decide whether to go with one or the other, depending on the new features of the improved 180.

The upgrade of the MBK 200 is not planned for the next future.


chema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/2019, 08:46 AM   #8
tanksfishtank
Registered Member
 
tanksfishtank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bettendorf, IA
Posts: 334
Bk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chema View Post
Right now the upgraded 160 is already offered with a 5% discount. Hope the upgraded 180 will share the same treatment. Then I'll decide whether to go with one or the other, depending on the new features of the improved 180.

The upgrade of the MBK 200 is not planned for the next future.
Chema, Did you make a choice yet? I know the new pumps are not released yet, but I am in a similar situation with my Red Sea 525XL. Thanks.


tanksfishtank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03/14/2019, 03:40 AM   #9
chema
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanksfishtank View Post
Chema, Did you make a choice yet? I know the new pumps are not released yet, but I am in a similar situation with my Red Sea 525XL. Thanks.
I'm about to pull the trigger on this new skimmer. As soon as I get it and have first impressions I'll post them here


chema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/20/2019, 01:49 PM   #10
kpctoy
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 75
Is the BKM180 with the RD6 available in the states as of yet?
If so, where can i find it?
What is the price?

Thanks!


kpctoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/20/2019, 02:53 PM   #11
slief
RC Sponsor

 
slief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Simi Valley, Ca
Posts: 13,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpctoy View Post
Is the BKM180 with the RD6 available in the states as of yet?
If so, where can i find it?
What is the price?

Thanks!
We donít have any stock on them yet and I donít have an ETA. Hopefully they will be in our next shipment from Germany which would be 30-60 days out. Keep an eye out for them here: https://royalexclusiv.com/Skimmer/Sk...838ecd44d455ad


__________________
Director Customer Support Royal Exclusiv USA
For All Royal Exclusiv & Bubble King questions please refer to our Sponsor forum: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=745

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08/20/2019, 04:07 PM   #12
kpctoy
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 75
Unfortunate, thanks.

Will the 160 handle 130 gallons heavily stocked?

I had a 180 years ago and it did a solid job. However, the bioload is greater today than it was then.


kpctoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/20/2019, 05:38 PM   #13
slief
RC Sponsor

 
slief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Simi Valley, Ca
Posts: 13,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpctoy View Post
Unfortunate, thanks.

Will the 160 handle 130 gallons heavily stocked?

I had a 180 years ago and it did a solid job. However, the bioload is greater today than it was then.
Define heavily stocked? Heavily stocked by our terms is 1/2” of fish per display gallon. If your display is 130 gallons and truly heavily stocked then the 180 would likely be a better choice. Let me know. In the mean time, I sent a message to Germany to get an ETA and also a cost to have one shipped direct to you from the factory.


__________________
Director Customer Support Royal Exclusiv USA
For All Royal Exclusiv & Bubble King questions please refer to our Sponsor forum: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=745

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08/20/2019, 06:43 PM   #14
kpctoy
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 75
Ok, so the 160 sounds like the winner. Next question is do you have the new 160 with the RD6 in stock and available to authorized vendors?


kpctoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/20/2019, 09:17 PM   #15
slief
RC Sponsor

 
slief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Simi Valley, Ca
Posts: 13,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpctoy View Post
Ok, so the 160 sounds like the winner. Next question is do you have the new 160 with the RD6 in stock and available to authorized vendors?
I do believe we have the 160’s DC’s in stock. You never did tell me your fish load though. It would hlep to know so I can give you proper advice on what would be your best choice.


__________________
Director Customer Support Royal Exclusiv USA
For All Royal Exclusiv & Bubble King questions please refer to our Sponsor forum: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=745

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08/21/2019, 05:19 AM   #16
kpctoy
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 75
I've got 10 fish ranging from 1" inch to 5" inches. The average being 2".
Mixed reef...

Thanks!


kpctoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/21/2019, 07:36 AM   #17
slief
RC Sponsor

 
slief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Simi Valley, Ca
Posts: 13,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpctoy View Post
I've got 10 fish ranging from 1" inch to 5" inches. The average being 2".
Mixed reef...

Thanks!
The definitely the 160 would be the best choice. By the way, it turns out the 180s are in stock. They came in on the most recent shipment and the website had not been updated. Still, the 180 would be too large for your load and inconsistent as a result.


__________________
Director Customer Support Royal Exclusiv USA
For All Royal Exclusiv & Bubble King questions please refer to our Sponsor forum: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=745

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08/21/2019, 10:02 AM   #18
kpctoy
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 75
slief, sent you a PM, thanks


kpctoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/21/2019, 11:08 AM   #19
slief
RC Sponsor

 
slief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Simi Valley, Ca
Posts: 13,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpctoy View Post
slief, sent you a PM, thanks



__________________
Director Customer Support Royal Exclusiv USA
For All Royal Exclusiv & Bubble King questions please refer to our Sponsor forum: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=745

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:09 PM.


TapaTalk Enabled

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2019 Axivo Inc.
Use of this web site is subject to the terms and conditions described in the user agreement.
Reef CentralTM Reef Central, LLC. Copyright ©1999-2014
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.