Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/23/2015, 05:20 PM   #651
cardinalfish78
Registered Member

Stupid answer #1, yes I have both plugged in. I have switched the cables so that the right becomes the left and the opposite pump started running. Before the software update, there was a "Slave" box to check. Now it just says "Master Port", and I have no idea what in the H**L to do with it. As you all might have guessed by now, I am really getting tired of this bit and pieces approach to updating this thing. No updating the documentation, no explanation of what has been changed from .32 to .33 to .34, this is ridiculous.

cardinalfish78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/23/2015, 05:26 PM   #652
janes_mw
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalfish78 View Post
Stupid answer #1, yes I have both plugged in. I have switched the cables so that the right becomes the left and the opposite pump started running. Before the software update, there was a "Slave" box to check. Now it just says "Master Port", and I have no idea what in the H**L to do with it. As you all might have guessed by now, I am really getting tired of this bit and pieces approach to updating this thing. No updating the documentation, no explanation of what has been changed from .32 to .33 to .34, this is ridiculous.
I'm still on version 28 and mine work. The pages you show look different than mine. Only reason I have not updated to new software is because I can't and no one seems to want to help me load it (the dumb update SW does not work on my system) so I guess, at least this works in the old version.

mike

300G 96x24x30, BK250 Skimmer with Avast Swabbie, LED/T5, Geo CaRx with Masterflex effluent cntl, Zeovite User - Avast Marine Tumbler, Archon control, Vortech MP60,Tunze 6125, & Jebao RW20 making waves
janes_mw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/23/2015, 05:34 PM   #653
n2585722
Registered Member

OK, if it is a master then leave it at 0. If it is a slave select which port 1-6 is the master port. The order the Archon output ports show in the outputs is the number of the port 1-6. As to why yours is not working I don't know. Currently I am using all but one of these ports for testing or I would check your programming out on mine for you. i am currently software version .35.

n2585722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/23/2015, 05:44 PM   #654
n2585722
Registered Member

In you screen you posted it show both at 100%. When they show 100% only one is working? If one is not working even if the output shows 100% that would leave me to believe it is a cable, DCI, one of the supplies or one of the pumps. The Archon outputs 1-4 or 0-10v so at 100% output there should be somewhere near 10 volts on that output port. You can check it with a voltmeter if yiu have one. That would eliminate the Archon as the issue. 50% would be around 5 volts.

Unread 08/24/2015, 05:44 AM   #655
cardinalfish78
Registered Member

OK, I partially get it. After looking at it again, I realized that the Vout1 corresponds to the top 0-10v port. Nothing really states that in the manual, but I guess it stands to reason. So I had the second Jebao on Vout3 which is why it was not working. That part is now working. I still don't know what the "Master port" is all about. I leave the first one at "0", and try to set the second one at "1", and after saving it, it always comes back as "0".

Unread 08/24/2015, 06:52 AM   #656
n2585722
Registered Member

I am not sure why it returns to 0. I will ask that in the beta forum. As to why it is not in the manual that was changed after it was written. I would imagine they will rewrite parts after the updates slow down some.

Unread 08/24/2015, 09:51 AM   #657
Pickupman66
Registered Member

Master needs to be set as "1". then on your slave set it at 1 as well. this way the master knows its the Master and slaves point to it?

at least thats how im reading it. this allows you to set the master as any one of your connected pumps as well as have some run independently of the master. Also may be able to create more than one Master/Slave combo?

just thinking here.

sorry I had such a poor answer earlier. I use and APC for my Jebao connection so I have to use the APC wavemaker functionality. it is much more cut and dry.

15 years reef keeping experience in old school simplistic ways.
/><{{{{"> Archon BETA

Current Tank Info: 66 Gallon SCA Rimless, Custom 40 Breeder sump, DC pumps, Lumentek Pro 240 controlled by my Archon
Pickupman66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/24/2015, 10:54 AM   #658
n2585722
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickupman66 View Post
Master needs to be set as "1". then on your slave set it at 1 as well. this way the master knows its the Master and slaves point to it?

at least thats how im reading it. this allows you to set the master as any one of your connected pumps as well as have some run independently of the master. Also may be able to create more than one Master/Slave combo?

just thinking here.

sorry I had such a poor answer earlier. I use and APC for my Jebao connection so I have to use the APC wavemaker functionality. it is much more cut and dry.
That does make sense. Now just waiting for Eric to confirm it. Thanks

Unread 08/24/2015, 12:28 PM   #659
cardinalfish78
Registered Member

Anytime I set the Master to anything but 0 and then hit save, the next time I check the value it is always back to 0. So I don't see any way to change either one.
And while your at it, I noticed that the format for pulse time according to the info I have is 0:0:0 which is minutes:seconds:nanoseconds. After setting a value, it reverts to 0:0.0 which appears to be minutes and seconds in the form of 1.2 for instance. I also noticed that If I set the pulse for 0.6 seconds, my pump just runs constantly, only about half speed. If I set it to .66 seconds, it pulses for about 2/3 second.

Unread 08/24/2015, 12:45 PM   #660
n2585722
Registered Member

Eric said the webpage will default to 0, but the programming will be where you set it. You may have to enter both places after the decimal for it to work correctly. Have you tried .60 instead of .6? I don't have any of these pumps to check it so I cannot comment on the minutes:seconds:nanoseconds, but i would assume it would be 60th of a second if using a : seperator and 100's of a second when using a . seperator.

Unread 08/25/2015, 06:01 AM   #661
Pickupman66
Registered Member

One thing I have noticed at least with my jebo pumps is that they do not visually see a cut off in the half second range

/><{{{{"> Archon BETA

Current Tank Info: 66 Gallon SCA Rimless, Custom 40 Breeder sump, DC pumps, Lumentek Pro 240 controlled by my Archon
Unread 08/25/2015, 06:25 AM   #662
cardinalfish78
Registered Member

n2585722, at your suggestion I entered .60 instead of .6 as the pulse time, and it worked, so thanks for that advice. Pickupman66, you should try doing that and see if you can see the cut off. It also appears that even though the value in the Master still shows 0, the pumps seem to be powering opposite each other. I'm glad that is working although I wish the page would reflect actual settings.

Unread 08/25/2015, 09:49 AM   #663
n2585722
Registered Member

OK, I will pass along the request for it to reflect actual value to Eric.

Unread 08/29/2015, 06:31 AM   #664
HaleMoana
Registered Member

Is there anywhere I can find videos or screenshots of the iOS app? It is very difficult finding info on the Archon. The only video I found on YouTube was an interview from Reefapalooza last year, which DA should be embarrassed about.

I'd like to see how the software looks and operates.
I've been so frustrated for years with my RKE w/ net. Wondering if I should spend the money to upgrade to Archon or just sell my system and move to Neptune.

Unfortunately, I can't say I trust DA anymore. Plus, it looks like they're not a sponsor here anymore? No more forum here.

Not gonna spend this kind of money without seeing it in action first.

Thanks guys.

Current Tank Info: Custom Starphire 220 In Wall Wrasse Retreat
HaleMoana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/29/2015, 08:06 AM   #665
shred5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaleMoana View Post
Is there anywhere I can find videos or screenshots of the iOS app? It is very difficult finding info on the Archon. The only video I found on YouTube was an interview from Reefapalooza last year, which DA should be embarrassed about.

I'd like to see how the software looks and operates.
I've been so frustrated for years with my RKE w/ net. Wondering if I should spend the money to upgrade to Archon or just sell my system and move to Neptune.

Unfortunately, I can't say I trust DA anymore. Plus, it looks like they're not a sponsor here anymore? No more forum here.

Not gonna spend this kind of money without seeing it in action first.

Thanks guys.

It actually sounds like you have you mind made up..

I recently decided to install my apex that I bought before the Archon was announced.. I never installed it because right after I bought it the Archon was announced. Well I finally installed it and I am moving my reefkeeper light downstairs to another tank. You mention problems with RKE with net.. If the problems are with the net go Apex, With fusion I had net running in seconds and that is no joke. The cloud works insanely well. If you are looking for custom ability the Archon might be the way to go but I would wait still if you read this thread. I still have high hopes for the Archon but time is ticking on them in my opinion. There also a few other players coming into the market now too and the door could be shutting on them, plus they are really damaging their reputation.

The other issue is they are falling behind the times. They are so focused on getting the Archon working they don't even have the modules the other companies are coming out with or have out. Cloud is going to be expected soon too. I just wish they would not have tried to reinvent the wheel and stuck with what worked and just updated it with some new features built in net and cloud. My RKL had been rock solid for years knock on wood.

Last edited by shred5; 08/29/2015 at 08:11 AM.
shred5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/29/2015, 08:08 AM   #666
Pickupman66
Registered Member

There is no "app". The archon is a Web interface. It's is pretty easy to program.

/><{{{{"> Archon BETA

Unread 08/29/2015, 08:25 AM   #667
HaleMoana
Registered Member

Thanks Shred. Much appreciate the reply.
My mind really isn't made up... In fact, I'd prefer not to switch considering how heavily I'm already invested into my RKE system with all the modules and accessories.

I'm looking for simplicity. I travel for a living and I want to manage my tank from my iphone and iPad. I want to see graphs and nice interface. I'm a tech savy geek when it comes to this stuff and the RKE has let me down so far.

I was hoping the Archon might've been the solution but I haven't been able to find much info about it yet. Their marketing isn't great. This is supposed to be their premier product, yet I have no idea what it does differently than my RKE w/ Net (outside of Linux capability which I don't care about).

I guess I'll have to see if any of my local friends have upgraded to Archon, and I'll stop over to actually see it in action.
Am I right to assume that there are no videos or tutorials on the system capabilities?

Unread 08/29/2015, 09:16 AM   #668
shellsea
Registered Member

Hale, no videos I am aware of. Check out the da support forum for Archon. A lot of good info and if you look at history, since release it has gotten better and better. I switched from RKE and love it.

Unread 08/29/2015, 11:04 AM   #669
n2585722
Registered Member

I use my iPad the most with the Archon. Safari and Firefox are the better browser's to use with the Archon. PM me if you need more info. If you have the NET working with your network you should have no problem with the Archon.

Unread 08/29/2015, 12:25 PM   #670
Pickupman66
Registered Member

I will see if I can make a video of it and how I program and access it. I know I did a photo review of it in the two other main reef forums but cannot name them here on rc. I access mine with my galaxy s5 and with a galaxy tablet. Also with my laptop. All of which I can do everything fast and easy (graphing a little less detailed on the android based browsers due to screen size)

/><{{{{"> Archon BETA

Unread 08/29/2015, 03:11 PM   #671
HaleMoana
Registered Member

Maybe just a couple screenshots of the software and graphs? The only pic of the interface I've seen looks like it's from Windows 95.
What exactly does the Archon give me that I can't do without the NET?

Having said that, I've never had much luck accessing the NET outside of my home network.

Unread 08/29/2015, 05:33 PM   #672
janes_mw
Registered Member

Anyone have any hints as to why I can't calibrate my pH probes with the new and wonderful SW/HW updates? I have the latest in both. Nice, stuff that used to work, now don't.

Geeze, probes, temps, time of day MOST important features of an aquarium controller... oh wait, forgot, guess just stupid gui is only important...

Frustrated? yes to say the least.

300G 96x24x30, BK250 Skimmer with Avast Swabbie, LED/T5, Geo CaRx with Masterflex effluent cntl, Zeovite User - Avast Marine Tumbler, Archon control, Vortech MP60,Tunze 6125, & Jebao RW20 making waves
janes_mw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/29/2015, 06:42 PM   #673
n2585722
Registered Member

Mike, I did mine about a week ago and they worked OK. I will try again to make sure. I will get back with you.

Unread 08/29/2015, 06:53 PM   #674
Pickupman66
Registered Member

@halemoana the #1 thing is full program ability on any device for any channel.

@janes_mw this shocks me. Let me look into and I may call you.

/><{{{{"> Archon BETA

Unread 08/29/2015, 07:48 PM   #675
n2585722
Registered Member

Mike, I did get mine to calibrate OK. Did you press reset value on the calibration screen?