Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Do It Yourself > The R3CA Project
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/09/2013, 11:42 AM   #1
drhyed
Registered Member

My Auto Water Change System with a question

Attachment 234319In my quest to simply tank maintenance (especially since its for a cube tank in the living room) I set up a cabinet next to the tank with these 6 gallon containers inside. The left one is ATO, the center is fresh salt water, and the right is for waste water. I have the pumps run at the same time (6 cycles of 3 min a day) one sucking water from the bottom of the sump where the overflow water comes into the sump and the clean water going into the return pump area of the sump and so far the sump height has remained consistant. I mix the salt water in 32gal containers for at least 12 hours before I fill the smaller container, do I have to worry about continuing to mix or agitate the salt water mix while it sits stationary in the container? I was thinking of running a small air pump with a air stone but figured that would sky rocket the evaporation, I havent found a small pump that would fit into the container but i might just be worrying for no reason.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo9.jpg (36.4 KB, 155 views)
drhyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/09/2013, 02:10 PM   #2
drhyed
Registered Member

Sorry I posted this in the wrong forum and I cant edit it

drhyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/05/2013, 11:33 AM   #3
Biotopes
Registered Member.

You don't have any need to worry about the salt settling, the only way the salt would be able to separate from the water would be through evaporation. As far as I know you should be fine just letting it sit there, if you want, Fluval carries a 265 gph (very, very low flow) water circulation pump, it costs about 27$ I run one on my marine tank and it works well. And since they can be completely submerged, it would be good to put in the buckets, as its only about 3 in. long, and 2 in tall.

Biotopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/05/2013, 11:34 AM   #4
Biotopes
Registered Member.

Btw its called the Fluval Sea CP1 Water Circulation Pump

Biotopes is offline   Reply With Quote