Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/17/2019, 09:44 PM   #1176
The_Quick
Registered Member

Hi,
I got problem with my Kore 5th, doing upgrade firmware but now it can't be use. Everytime I turn on, it attempt to count untill 30 and then task is emptying flask with pump 3 is turning on. After awhile it said program ready and pump 1 is turning on.

I didn't see any reset button at device. Anyone have clue why it happen ?

Thanks in advance

The_Quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/17/2019, 10:16 PM   #1177
The_Quick
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Quick View Post
Hi,
I got problem with my Kore 5th, doing upgrade firmware but now it can't be use. Everytime I turn on, it attempt to count untill 30 and then task is emptying flask with pump 3 is turning on. After awhile it said program ready and pump 1 is turning on.

I didn't see any reset button at device. Anyone have clue why it happen ?

Thanks in advance
Update :

When plug it at lcd said 'boatloader ready' and then counting step untill 30
After finish it said 'Program : emptying flask with pump 3 running'
then it said 'Program : standby prepare' with pump 1 runnimg'
and thas it pump one still running a whole day untill i unplug it.

I still can connect device to my pc and doing firmware upgrade but no response

Thnaks

Unread 07/18/2019, 03:38 PM   #1178
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Hello
Have you contacted with our technical support? service@pacific-sun.eu
They can remotely check your device, it looks like mess in doser settings.
Regards

Przemek

Unread 07/19/2019, 08:11 PM   #1179
The_Quick
Registered Member

Hi Przemek, thanks for your reply

Yes I already contact pacsun support team and it was a best service. They do remote check what problem at my doser, and they solved my problem.

It seem that I do download wrong software to connect my doser. Do firmware upgrade to 1.8.5b software, clear memort device, and use default setting and all good to go.

And I use broken power suply that make my doser down when pump is try to run. Replace with other power suply and problem solved too.

It was a good service

Thanks

Regard

Unread 07/28/2019, 12:47 PM   #1180
miralami
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miralami View Post
Thank you. I emailed you the file.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update:

Service team sent me a new software based on memory file.
So excited now the Channel 1 working right scheduled at C11.
My plan is to only dose ALK during the day and kalk at Night.

Thanks service team for the help.

miralami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/11/2019, 10:07 AM   #1181
Editour2
Frank

On Friday at around 10:30AM my wife called me and told me the tank was very cloudy. A couple of fish were lying on the sand bed........NOT GOOD. She sent me a video....I walked her through a few things and couldn't figure it out. I instructed her on how to do a 30 gallon water change....(just opening and closing some valves). I ended up leaving work and going home by around 1PM. On the ride home I thought about my doser and if that had overdosed anything. I use the Pacific Sun Kore 5th Doser and dose Potasium, Vinegar, E.S.V. trace Elements and Magnesium. Well as soon as I got in my fish room I noticed ALL of the trace Elements had dosed into the tank. I only dose 25ml per WEEK but the container was full (60 Fluid Ounces) so it dumped around 1775 ml into the tank in about 3 hours. I called and emailed Bob at E.S.V. and he was very good in getting back to me. That overdose sucked all the oxygen out of my tank and damaged the gills on specific fish. I ran extra oxygen into the tank with those portable aerators and tried to do massive water changes while also running carbon. I lost ALL of my Tangs.....2 yellow tangs, 1 purple tang and my 11 year old sailfin tang. All the other fish and all my coral are fine thankfully. This was probably my fault.....about 2 weeks ago I noticed that particular one doser was not dosing. When I finally got around to testing it I found the problem was a clogged check valve. I use check valves at the end of each hose to stop possible back siphoning. I cleaned it and set it back into the tank. I suppose I should have re-calibrated that channel but I didn't and my poor fish paid the price. It would be beneficial if the doser had a fail safe built in....such as either a timing mechanism or some sort of measurement that would shut that doser off in the event it runs too long or doses too much. I'm never going to leave more than 2 weeks worth of fluid in any of my dosing containers anymore. I'm not happy in loosing my tangs but I am grateful that I didn't loose ALL of my fish and ANY of my coral. SUCKS !!!!!!!

Current Tank Info: 215 gal DT, 125 gal sump, 40 gal refugium w/ATS, 20 gal frag tank, reeflo orca skimmer, Knop HD calc reac w/2nd chamber, BRS dual reac, dart rtn pump, 2x tunze 6105's on seasweeps, 2x jebao PP20's, 30gal QT, LED/T5 Ltg, 1/2 hp aqualogic chiller.
Editour2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/23/2019, 05:50 AM   #1182
PacSun Service
Registered Member

@Editour2 - We are very sorry for your loss. It's very important to check all calibrations and dose settings after any change in doser or additional equipment. Doser could only relay on data which we will save in to memory and when some parameters will be changed but this informations will not be updated doser will not be able to work as it should.

Best regards
Pacific Sun Service

PacSun Service is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/19/2020, 09:24 PM   #1183
F.Terra
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacSun Service View Post
FlyPenFly - Both tubings could be used in fast flow mode but beige (Pharmed BPT) tubings are much more durable than transparent silicone tubings.

Best regards
Pacific Sun Service.
what is the internal and external diameter of the hoses for replacement? would pharmed and silicone be the same size?

F.Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/04/2021, 08:35 AM   #1184
Azraphael99
Registered Member

Hiya folks, needing some help if someone can.

I've just got my hands on a kore 5th doser, I've run through all the setup, firmware update, calibration and scheduling etc but (in windows software) cannot get the pumps to run in auto/schedule mode or manual dosing, they do run in calibration mode and on the manual toggle switches. When left to the schedule the doser shows it's dosing and I hear the audible beep but the pump head does nothing. Any advice would be great please

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Azraphael99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/13/2021, 11:00 AM   #1185
Danol1983
Registered Member

Hello to all

Search, I thing all pages, but I did not found anyhting.
Does anyone know the Pin assignment of the optical sensor? Its the second one and I want to use an own build.

Thanks
Daniel

Danol1983 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
junk trash