Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > EcoTech Marine
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/24/2017, 04:05 PM   #1
lacosta28
Premium Member

EcoSmart Live update?

When I logged in today I got prompted to update my ReefLink. Did anyone else get this? I am just trying to find out what new features if any are including in the update.

Current Tank Info: 150g and 93g Rimless, both reef tanks.
lacosta28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/24/2017, 05:32 PM   #2
thabizness
Registered Member

I got it too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

thabizness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/24/2017, 05:36 PM   #3
lacosta28
Premium Member

have you been able to find out what was in the update? I cannot find it on EcoSmart Live or on EcoTechmarine.com.

Current Tank Info: 150g and 93g Rimless, both reef tanks.
lacosta28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/25/2017, 07:40 AM   #4
thabizness
Registered Member

I haven't seen anything

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

thabizness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/25/2017, 11:50 AM   #5
Odysi
Registered Member

i got it as well and ever since i did the update ive been having issues with settings schedule when i goto program my lights or Mp's its just kinda hangs on the programming box that pops up.

Odysi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/26/2017, 01:50 PM   #6
90reefernyc
Registered Member

I did update reeflink stays green and red and won't connect so aggravating

Current Tank Info: 270 Gallon AGE tank, 400 gallon complete system, GHL Profilux controller, Sfiligoi lights, Fauna Marin Ultra-Lith system
90reefernyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/01/2017, 09:19 AM   #7
RyanSweatt2004
Registered Member

Nothing works after this update. Can't change any settings and my lights won't manually turn on via the buttons either. What the Heck?

RyanSweatt2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/01/2017, 11:52 AM   #8
EcoTech Support
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanSweatt2004 View Post
Nothing works after this update. Can't change any settings and my lights won't manually turn on via the buttons either. What the Heck?
Your profile looks good and seems to be working fine. What problems are you experiencing?

Unread 04/01/2017, 11:57 AM   #9
EcoTech Support
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanSweatt2004 View Post
It looks like "Device 3" is not responding to commands wirelessly. You might need to power cycle it and/or call our customer support team for troubleshooting. Other than that, the profile is working as expected. This is most likely a coincidence that the light isn't working after the update. The update was very minimal and did not involve wireless communication.

Unread 04/22/2017, 07:15 PM   #10
RyanSweatt2004
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoTech Support View Post
It looks like "Device 3" is not responding to commands wirelessly. You might need to power cycle it and/or call our customer support team for troubleshooting. Other than that, the profile is working as expected. This is most likely a coincidence that the light isn't working after the update. The update was very minimal and did not involve wireless communication.
I did end up getting it to work after leaving it unplugged for a little while. Definitely weird though and was quite frustrating at the time.

RyanSweatt2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/26/2017, 05:07 PM   #11
Marcan
Registered Member

i got the same trouble now!!

Marcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/01/2017, 06:48 AM   #12
Fridmoni
Registered Member

Disappointed with Ecosmart Live

Although the lights appear to work in growing my corals, the software platform is junk. Aquarium technology needs to work 7x24. The EcoSmart Live platform has stopped working over a dozen times for me in the last few months. When I can’t login via my iPhone, I try a browser or my Android phone. The good news is it usually does not work on any platform when it is down. Wish I would have stayed with my Kessil setup connected to my Apex. It just worked every time. I can’t believe the money they charge for such a poor experience. I would post a complaint, however a quick internet search demonstrates to me this is a problem a lot of people have with this product.

Fridmoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/01/2017, 02:11 PM   #13
Alex Y EcoTech
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fridmoni View Post
Although the lights appear to work in growing my corals, the software platform is junk. Aquarium technology needs to work 7x24. The EcoSmart Live platform has stopped working over a dozen times for me in the last few months. When I can’t login via my iPhone, I try a browser or my Android phone. The good news is it usually does not work on any platform when it is down. Wish I would have stayed with my Kessil setup connected to my Apex. It just worked every time. I can’t believe the money they charge for such a poor experience. I would post a complaint, however a quick internet search demonstrates to me this is a problem a lot of people have with this product.
Fridmoni,

I would recommend contacting us directly to troubleshoot the issue. We haven't encountered any unscheduled downtime on ESL in several weeks and it seems odd that you would be having so many issues. We can be reached by calling 800-785-0338 Ext. 2

Alex Y EcoTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/11/2017, 06:52 PM   #14
Osteoclast
Registered Member

Agree. I love the light but hate the reeflink. I am probably going to connect via Apex WMX as it is fairly reliable. EcoTech has good customer support but the reeflink is prone to problems and I have had constant disconnects. Poorly designed for the best lighting system in the industry. Too bad really. I would have paid much more if they built a better controller that consistently worked. Apex on the other hand works fairly well most of the time.

Current Tank Info: 525 Mixed Reef SPS dominate
Osteoclast is offline   Reply With Quote