Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/17/2019, 10:07 AM   #1
Seserie
Registered Member

Rock Flower Anemone Issues

Hello All!

I am relatively new to the Salt Water Hobby. I have had a Red Sea Peninsula 500 Running since about January. My tank has been going wonderfully so far! I have 18ish fish as well as a bunch of inverts! I have had no issues till now.

4 Days ago I purchased a rock flower anemone and added it to the tank. I put it in the spot I hoped it would stay... But I know with anemones they never really do what you want, do they??

My rock flower anemone has been spewing some white stuff out of its mouth for a day or so. Last night it also decided to go on a trip and must somehow ended up attached/stuck to one of my gyre's. I found it at about 2 am and turned off the gyre and tried to take it off. It was stuck on the outside and did not look like it was shredded/hurt at all (Amazingly as I have heard of circulation pumps shredding anemones...). SO I left the Gyre off all night and found it on the floor of the aquarium this morning. Still spewing white stuff... I moved it to a rock so it could attatch its self as it still seems like there is some life in it. I attached a pic of it below.

I guess I am wondering what I should do since I am so new to the hobby and this is my first rock flower anenome... What is the white stuff? Is the anenome done for or should I leave it in?

Thanks in Advance!

(I hope the picture loads properly...)

Seserie is offline   Reply With Quote