Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/02/2007, 06:35 PM   #101
RobbyG
Registered Member

Thanks JG24
I have been talking to the people at Biomatix for a few weeks and I have asked for some detailed information and even just one picture of the controller but have yet too received it. They tell me it is in Beta testing now and that it should be on the market in about a month. I will definitely post any information I get, as this unit sounds very high tech and interesting. I must admit, the lack of even one real picture of the unit is a bit disconcerting.
Did you actually see a working unit at MACNA?

Current Tank Info: Insanely Automated Low Power Consumption 90 Gal Oceanic Bow System/Aquatronica Touch Controller/AQ Dosing Pump/AQT LEDS/AQ SMS/Seq Dart Pump/ASM G3/Ozotech Ozonizer/Koralin 1502/Chiller/Typhoon3 Ro/S.Squirt /Phos React/Rmt DSB
RobbyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/02/2007, 08:57 PM   #102
TandN
Registered Member.

yeah that controller looks sweet

TandN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/03/2007, 12:33 AM   #103
JG24
Premium Member

I did see it at MACNA. They had the interface screen displayed on a 52" Flat screen. If I remember right they referred to the interface as a True Icon based. Or something like that. Don't quote me on that.

Basically, the display screen had an individual icon for each component. So, if you wanted to control a halide, you just click on the icon, and so on.

I thought it was pretty cool. I thought they were talking about a price point in line with the ACPro. I still have the brochure that I got from the booth at MACNA. No prices though.

Bob

Current Tank Info: 150Gal Custom Acrylic Tank, SPS Dominate, Reefmania Recic Skimmer, Sump, Ca Reactor, and Kalk Reactor. 3-250W XM1500K, 2-5ft Super Actinic VHO
JG24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/03/2007, 11:49 AM   #104
RobbyG
Registered Member

Thanks for the info, I am surprised that they don't have any real pictures on their website, that one point has always made me wonder if the product was as ready as they stated. I will email them again and ask once more if they can send me some pictures.

Current Tank Info: Insanely Automated Low Power Consumption 90 Gal Oceanic Bow System/Aquatronica Touch Controller/AQ Dosing Pump/AQT LEDS/AQ SMS/Seq Dart Pump/ASM G3/Ozotech Ozonizer/Koralin 1502/Chiller/Typhoon3 Ro/S.Squirt /Phos React/Rmt DSB
Unread 02/06/2007, 02:01 AM   #105
Malifluous
Registered Member

Are there any controllers that can monitor and control the pH and temp of 7 tanks. The temp can be the same for all 7 but each tank would need independent pH control. CO2 would be used to decrease the pH so the controller would have to be able to hook up to a solenoid valve . please point me in the right direction . Ty

Malifluous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/06/2007, 03:30 PM   #106
RobbyG
Registered Member

I own an Aquatronica and I am fairly certain that it can do 7 pH probes and 7 tanks. You would need the controller, two powerbar, (thats 16 plugs) and 7 pH Interface modules. I don't recommend you get Aquatronica pH probes, I have had much better results using Pinpoint pH probes so you would have to order those separately.

I wish I could say for certain what other controllers could do this job, I am sure that others may work, but the only one that I am familiar with that can do it is Aquatronica. If other companies read this they may want to chime in and let you know if there product can handle that many probes.

Unread 02/06/2007, 04:44 PM   #107
laurentm
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Malifluous
Are there any controllers that can monitor and control the pH and temp of 7 tanks. The temp can be the same for all 7 but each tank would need independent pH control. CO2 would be used to decrease the pH so the controller would have to be able to hook up to a solenoid valve . please point me in the right direction . Ty
You can do it with a Neptune AquaController 3 as well.

Here's the price comparison between the Aquatronica and the Neptune System packages you would need for your application.

Aquatronica:

Premium System: $699.99
1 8-Outlet Power Bar: $229.99
6 pH interfaces: $419.94
6 pH probes: $479.94

Total: $1829.86

Neptune Systems:

AquaController III Combo: $587.85
3 Probe expansion boxes: $524.85
6 pH probes: $269.70

Total: $1382.40

laurentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/06/2007, 05:11 PM   #108
Malifluous
Registered Member

Thanks for the replies. I spoke to the IKS people. Theirs can only do 4 pH probes. How long is the wire for the probes. these tanks will be about 10 ft from each other. I hope they make probes will long wires.
Will the aquatronica and theneptune system also be able to control 7 temperature probes as well with the necessar expansion modules or interfaces?

Unread 02/06/2007, 05:29 PM   #109
laurentm
Registered Member

With the Neptune controller, to monitor/control 7 temperature probes, you'll need 3 more expansion boxes and 1 extra DC8 ($700). You'll then have 1 main unit and 6 probe expansion boxes. You can have them 10ft apart and have each box located next to its tank.

With the Aquatronica, I think you'll need 1 more powerbar, 6 temp sensors and 5 or 6 temp interfaces ($729.88-$799.87). The wiring might be an issue here depending on how your tanks are arranged. You'll have to connect everything to the 3 power bars.

Last edited by laurentm; 02/06/2007 at 05:39 PM.
Unread 02/06/2007, 06:59 PM   #110
RobbyG
Registered Member

laurentm with the Aquatronica system that you listed

he would already have 4 temperature ports available, if he buys two more temperature modules he will have 8 temp ports total.
thats an additional $140 plus 6 additional temp probes $150

gives him a total

Main Controller
Two Powerbars 16 Plugs
12 USB ports for probes
7 pH Modules
7 pH probes
8 Temperature ports
7 Temperature probes
1 Water Level Sensor

For $2119.86

ACIII Controller
Two Powerbars 16 Plugs
6 Probe Expansion Boxes
7 pH probes
7 Temperature probes

Total = $2351.70

Unread 02/06/2007, 07:04 PM   #111
RobbyG
Registered Member

As Promised The Biomatix Pre-Release Review

Enjoy

http://www.aquariumcontrollers.com/B...%20PREVIEW.htm

Unread 02/06/2007, 07:33 PM   #112
laurentm
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RobbyG
laurentm with the Aquatronica system that you listed

he would already have 4 temperature ports available, if he buys two more temperature modules he will have 8 temp ports total.
thats an additional $140 plus 6 additional temp probes $150

gives him a total

Main Controller
Two Powerbars 16 Plugs
12 USB ports for probes
7 pH Modules
7 pH probes
8 Temperature ports
7 Temperature probes
1 Water Level Sensor

For $2119.86
I missed the fact that you can connect 2 temperature sensors per powerbar. I agree with the total you gave.

Quote:

ACIII Controller
Two Powerbars 16 Plugs
6 Probe Expansion Boxes
7 pH probes
7 Temperature probes
The temperature probes are already included in the controller package and the expansion boxes as well as 1 DC8 and a pH probe.

ACIII Controler Combo: $587.85
1 extra DC8: $174.95
6 Probe expansion boxes: $1049.70

Which will give him a total

Main unit
2 DirectConnect8
6 Expansion boxes
36 Digital inputs
14 Probe connectors
7 Temperature probes
7 pH probes
1 ethernet port with web server

Total = $2082.20

Last edited by laurentm; 02/06/2007 at 07:43 PM.
Unread 02/06/2007, 08:40 PM   #113
RobbyG
Registered Member

Can you break down that $2082.20 in more detail, I am not coming up with that figure. I must not be adding something right.

Unread 02/06/2007, 08:50 PM   #114
laurentm
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RobbyG
Can you break down that $2082.20 in more detail, I am not coming up with that figure. I must not be adding something right.
I did in my previous post:

Quote:
ACIII Controler Combo: $587.85
1 extra DC8: $174.95
6 Probe expansion boxes: $1049.70
Go to the Neptune Systems estore (https://estore.neptunesys.com/neptune/store/agora.cgi), then go to the "combos", add the ACIII +pH +DC8 to your cart, go to "control hardware" and add a DC8, go to "probes" and add 6 Std pH probes and 6 expansion boxes. Check your cart, the total is $2082.20.

Unread 02/06/2007, 09:09 PM   #115
Malifluous
Registered Member

Thanks for the great and detailed info. Im not concerned that much with price but more about what I need and which is the better quality and better customer service. Which one is easier to use?

Unread 02/07/2007, 01:44 PM   #116
RobbyG
Registered Member

Not sure about which one has better Quality but here is a sample of how each one is programmed.

This post has some sample screens of how the Aquatronica dosing pump is programmed. Everything on the unit is programmed in an almost identical manner.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...hreadid=947086

This post is from the Neptune forum showing a users programming code on a AC jr. I beleive that all the Neptune systems use the same kind of coding.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...readid=1024148

Quote:
Originally posted by Malifluous
Thanks for the great and detailed info. Im not concerned that much with price but more about what I need and which is the better quality and better customer service. Which one is easier to use?

Unread 02/08/2007, 09:45 AM   #117
bill9999992
Registered Member

Regarding BIOMATIX

Are the the 4 AUX inputs for things like leak detectors?

Thanks for the reply.

Bill

bill9999992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/08/2007, 01:15 PM   #118
RobbyG
Registered Member

Bill I am not sure, I am hoping I can persuade them to give me some more information but for right now that is all I have.

Unread 02/13/2007, 07:08 PM   #119
tcmike64
Premium Member

So which controller is the best??? Also can any controller monitor calcium? according to the chart no, but since pinpoint has a calcium monitor can this be used on any of these systems??

Current Tank Info: 300 Gallon FOWLR and 34 gallon Solana w/ MH unit
tcmike64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/13/2007, 07:17 PM   #120
TandN
Registered Member.

Hey Rob let me ask you this now I have a Diallseas and it monitors and controls ph calcium orp also tops off and adds salt when needed on top of all that also does waterchanges. It can also be accessed through the internet. Why is this not on there ???

TandN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/14/2007, 12:57 PM   #121
perpetual98
Registered Member

Is the RC-Squared controller considered not commercial enough to be on the list? Just curious. I've been working with Ron to get a custom setup made.

Unread 02/14/2007, 03:50 PM   #122
RobbyG
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tcmike64
So which controller is the best??? Also can any controller monitor calcium? according to the chart no, but since pinpoint has a calcium monitor can this be used on any of these systems??
1) I can't really say which is best, it all depends on what you want it to control and how much money you want to spend.

2) No controller that I have seen can monitor calcium or No3. I think most of the units above $600 have the ability and some companies have working models, but the problem is that there is no probe that they can buy for a reasonable price that can be submerged 24/7 and read reliably, also the current generation of probes require recalibration after every 1 or 2 uses.

3) Pinpoints calcium monitor is for single readings and not meant to be left submerged, it cannot be used with any of these systems.

Unread 02/14/2007, 03:52 PM   #123
RobbyG
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tanya72806
Hey Rob let me ask you this now I have a Diallseas and it monitors and controls ph calcium orp also tops off and adds salt when needed on top of all that also does waterchanges. It can also be accessed through the internet. Why is this not on there ???
Can you PM me some info. If it does all the things a normal controller can do, I will add it.

Unread 02/14/2007, 03:56 PM   #124
RobbyG
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by perpetual98
Is the RC-Squared controller considered not commercial enough to be on the list? Just curious. I've been working with Ron to get a custom setup made.
I already started to research his controller so I can add it. I have been a bit busy of late but it is on my list of things to get done, hopefully within a week or two. BTW ask Ron if he can email me the picture of the main unit with the display on. I asked him but he must have forgotten.

Last edited by RobbyG; 02/14/2007 at 04:12 PM.
Unread 02/14/2007, 04:04 PM   #125
perpetual98
Registered Member

Ron emailed me the other day and said that he's been stuck away from home on business for a while. I'll email him though and ask.

Eric