Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/21/2018, 10:34 AM   #26
BrettDS
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottF83 View Post
Sorry didnt explain very well but that is how I have it. The problem is the flexible 30mm tube is very rigid and inflexible

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You probably have vinyl tubing instead of silicone tubing. Vinyl tubing is very inflexible, especially when you get into larger diameters. Silicone tubing is much more flexible even in large sizes, although it’s also much more expensive. But just buying a foot or two to use between the pump and the rigid pipe isn’t too bad.

BrettDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/21/2018, 09:47 PM   #27
Lsufan
Registered Member

Something else that helps along with what Brett mentioned is placing the pump on a silicone pot holder. U can get them at Walmart & they help a lot with the vibration. I actually use about a 12” section of flex pvc from my pumps on both of my setups & it is flexible but it is still more rigid then silicone tubing. I use flex pvc because it takes the same fittings as rigid pvc & I don’t like barb fittings. That & the pot holder removes any vibration.

Lsufan is offline   Reply With Quote