Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/25/2014, 02:15 PM   #1751
Klaus Jansen
RC Sponsor

@dahenley

the screw is 6x1.

If Premium dont have it on stock, send a mail to :.. info@royal-exclusiv.de and we send any screws via German Post. No problem....

best regards ... Klaus

Klaus Jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/27/2014, 12:50 PM   #1752
jedimaster1138
Registered Member

Is there a neck cleaner and/or air freshener top that is compatible / ideal for the Bubble King Double Cone 180? I'm mostly interested in the air freshener top to reduce the stink from the skimmate and make my wife happier. The DC 180 is such a beast at ripping out DOC's, the skimmate builds up pretty quick and smells LOVELY.

I built my own by just sticking a bag of GAC on top of the skimmer cup, but that only works so far...

Seriously though, the thing is a monster at ripping out green brown gunk. And it does so 100% dead silentl.

jedimaster1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/29/2014, 05:17 PM   #1753
ebleka
Registered Member

Hi I just purchased a Royal Exclusiv Bubble King Double Cone 180 + RD3 Speedy for my Red Sea S650. The sump area is surrounded by a panel with only a small notch to all power cords from sump area to outlet draw. My problem is that the pump control box will not fit in that small notch and I have no room in the sump area for the black control box. Can I detach the wire from the black control box to the pump?

Thanks
Ed

ebleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/31/2014, 02:17 PM   #1754
Jeremy B.
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimaster1138 View Post
Is there a neck cleaner and/or air freshener top that is compatible / ideal for the Bubble King Double Cone 180? I'm mostly interested in the air freshener top to reduce the stink from the skimmate and make my wife happier. The DC 180 is such a beast at ripping out DOC's, the skimmate builds up pretty quick and smells LOVELY.

I built my own by just sticking a bag of GAC on top of the skimmer cup, but that only works so far...

Seriously though, the thing is a monster at ripping out green brown gunk. And it does so 100% dead silentl.
Unfortunately there is no air freshener available for it right now, but it's a possibility on down the road. You could try and fabricate something out of some acrylic and screen though, basically making just a carbon tray for it to pull the smell out as the air goes through.

Jeremy B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/31/2014, 02:21 PM   #1755
Jeremy B.
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebleka View Post
Hi I just purchased a Royal Exclusiv Bubble King Double Cone 180 + RD3 Speedy for my Red Sea S650. The sump area is surrounded by a panel with only a small notch to all power cords from sump area to outlet draw. My problem is that the pump control box will not fit in that small notch and I have no room in the sump area for the black control box. Can I detach the wire from the black control box to the pump?

Thanks
Ed
The control box can not be unattached from the pump, I'm sorry. If you decide to do it the warranty would be void. Is it possible to somehow remove this panel to place everything, and then attach it back once it's all in place with a larger area for wires to go through?

Unread 03/31/2014, 02:36 PM   #1756
dahenley
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimaster1138 View Post

a while back (on a different skimmer) i added a air hose that went from the muffler to the lid of the skimmer. this made the skimmer re-circulate the stinky air from the cup to make the bubbles within the skimmer.

this is also a possibility. (it just takes an air hose…. so its easy enough to give a try.)
you just attach one side to the muffler, and then stick the hose in a hole in the lid.

240display, reef in progress

Current Tank Info: 240 display, a few frags here and there. lots of fish, and lots of watching. (230 big screen getting re-sealed and going to add to the gallonage) My wife has no clue how addicted i really am.....
dahenley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/31/2014, 10:55 PM   #1757
apexifd
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy B. View Post
The control box can not be unattached from the pump, I'm sorry. If you decide to do it the warranty would be void. Is it possible to somehow remove this panel to place everything, and then attach it back once it's all in place with a larger area for wires to go through?
IMO, it will be really nice if they can use a water proof quick connect at the control box connecting to the pump.

it does makes life a lot easier when running the wires, servicing the pump, or installing the skimmer into a existing setup. Considering the its a good size skimmer pump and control box.

I was lucky that I have a remote sump and space is not an issue.

Unread 04/01/2014, 09:20 PM   #1758
dahenley
Registered Member

I'm new to the BK club….

i picked up a used BK Mini 200 and the craftsman ship is sweet.
i had to clean it up before using it, and when i put it in my existing sump, it has a little vibration (i can hear it humming)
the guy i got it from said it happens if when the pump is not installed straight with the Venturi hole? is there any other possibilities?
i have it back out of the sump so i can check anything out.

thanks!

Current Tank Info: 240 display, a few frags here and there. lots of fish, and lots of watching. (230 big screen getting re-sealed and going to add to the gallonage) My wife has no clue how addicted i really am.....
Unread 04/02/2014, 10:28 AM   #1759
Jeremy B.
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexifd View Post
IMO, it will be really nice if they can use a water proof quick connect at the control box connecting to the pump.

it does makes life a lot easier when running the wires, servicing the pump, or installing the skimmer into a existing setup. Considering the its a good size skimmer pump and control box.

I was lucky that I have a remote sump and space is not an issue.
I agree with you. I just don't know if this will ever be a reality or not. I'm not certain what all safety regulations go into the CE approval for the EU, and how they could get around it.

Unread 04/02/2014, 10:29 AM   #1760
Jeremy B.
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahenley View Post
I'm new to the BK club….

i picked up a used BK Mini 200 and the craftsman ship is sweet.
i had to clean it up before using it, and when i put it in my existing sump, it has a little vibration (i can hear it humming)
the guy i got it from said it happens if when the pump is not installed straight with the Venturi hole? is there any other possibilities?
i have it back out of the sump so i can check anything out.

thanks!
The only thing I could suggest is to clean it up really well and remount the pump again. If everything is cleaned well and no debris in any of the joints when assembling back together you should be fine.

Unread 04/02/2014, 01:05 PM   #1761
dahenley
Registered Member

Klaus,
can i just buy one of the ceramic bearings that goes in the front cover?
or, is the front and rear bearing the same?

(BK mini 200 with 1500RD pump) Gen2 i believe

Unread 04/02/2014, 01:27 PM   #1762
dahenley
Registered Member

the bearing or bearing and front cover like this. either will work if they are available?

Unread 04/02/2014, 01:43 PM   #1763
Jeremy B.
Registered Member

The bearing is the exact same whether in the block or in the impeller cover. The problem is that the impeller assembly is not meant to be pulled apart like in the photograph. The magnet assembly is is press fit onto the shaft at a precise spot, as is the impeller head. You can try putting it all back together in hopes that it will go back and hold and be ok long term.

Unread 04/02/2014, 06:24 PM   #1764
ebleka
Registered Member

Jeremy ,

I contacted Red Sea the manufactured on my tank/ stand and they made some suggestions for me to try and I was able to installed my 180 double cone skimmer without taking apart the black control box.
When I start out for the first few weeks what percentage (watts) do I use?
I attached the red hose from pump to skimmer , do I remove the black cap?
Thanks Ed

ebleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/02/2014, 08:04 PM   #1765
Confuse
Registered Member

I own a Double Cone 200 and I'm somewhat confused how to tune the skimmer. What do I set the percentage/wattage of the DC pump on? And why at a certain percentage?

And how do I adjust the wattage in conjunction with the pipe that you rotate to adjust the water level in the skimmer?

What exactly are you doing when you up the wattage of the dc pump vs. adjusting the wedge pipe.

Confuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/03/2014, 02:15 PM   #1766
dahenley
Registered Member

Quote:
The bearing is the exact same whether in the block or in the impeller cover. The problem is that the impeller assembly is not meant to be pulled apart like in the photograph. The magnet assembly is is press fit onto the shaft at a precise spot, as is the impeller head. You can try putting it all back together in hopes that it will go back and hold and be ok long term.
thank you for that information.
I was able to remove the pinwheel without removing the shaft. (i miked the distance from magnet to the impeller for proper placement)
then switched the front and rear bearings. The front one had some wear, so after switching them and the o-rings, i re-assembled it and no more noise and vibrations.
thanks for those quick responses.

heres some quick pictures. (wasn't sure if you would want to see them. )

Unread 04/04/2014, 08:08 AM   #1767
Jeremy B.
Registered Member

Perfect! Good work and glad to hear you miked out the distance from the end of the shaft to the magnet.

Unread 04/10/2014, 05:03 AM   #1768
chuckbuc
Registered Member

Supermarine 250 or 300 for my heavy packed 450 gallon system ?

chuckbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/10/2014, 05:55 AM   #1769
chuckbuc
Registered Member

How much does ur sump water level need to be for a supermarine 250 or 300..whats recommended in sump water height from bubbleking

Unread 04/10/2014, 05:08 PM   #1770
apexifd
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckbuc View Post
How much does ur sump water level need to be for a supermarine 250 or 300..whats recommended in sump water height from bubbleking
SM300 and 8"

Unread 04/10/2014, 09:27 PM   #1771
SchnitzelReef
Registered Member

Just got my Double Cone 250 with DC pump. Wondering what water level works best. Also what percent you guys are keeping the pump at? Thanks. This skimmer is legit! SOO quiet!

SchnitzelReef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/11/2014, 09:41 AM   #1772
SchnitzelReef
Registered Member

Here's a pic from this morning
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397230900.077331.jpg

Unread 04/11/2014, 12:16 PM   #1773
chuckbuc
Registered Member

How many total gallons did u throw the 250 on shnitz

Unread 04/11/2014, 01:04 PM   #1774
Jeremy B.
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchnitzelReef View Post
Just got my Double Cone 250 with DC pump. Wondering what water level works best. Also what percent you guys are keeping the pump at? Thanks. This skimmer is legit! SOO quiet!
Try it in 7" - 7.5" sump depth and the pump at 35w and see how it runs there. However, I'd suggest keeping it there for a few weeks until the skimmer is good and broken in before tweaking too much with it.

Unread 04/11/2014, 01:13 PM   #1775
SchnitzelReef
Registered Member

Quote:
Try it in 7" - 7.5" sump depth and the pump at 35w and see how it runs there. However, I'd suggest keeping it there for a few weeks until the skimmer is good and broken in before tweaking too much with it.

I have it at 9" now and it seems ok. Any reason why u say to keep it at 35w? Why not keep it at 50w? I just had a skimmer stand built for 9". Will it not work at 9"?