Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Tunze
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/20/2019, 02:32 PM   #1
david.d
Registered Member

Tunze Controller 7092

Thinking of changing my powerheads out on 110 gallon tank, which currently use 3 of the 6045s (non-controllable) and moving to two of the 6055s and one 6040 to put in the back (both of which are controllable). I'd like to use these three pumps with the older 7092 controller (to keep cost down) but it only has two inputs.

Will the 7092 Y adaptor allow me to run all 3 pumps with the 7092? And if so, presumably two pumps would have the exact settings, and so this might not be a good idea. A better idea might be to keep one 6045 in the back and just connect the two 6055s to the 7092, understanding one pump would not be controllable and would stay on during the feeding cycle.

Also, the 6040 pump doesn't have a guard on it. Has anyone had a snail or fish get stuck or cut up in that pump?

david.d is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/22/2019, 09:39 AM   #2
rvitko
RC Sponsor

All new pumps include a controller and you would simply net work them with a y cable. The old branch adapter is no longer available, it basically was a Y cable but had circuitry to prevent backfeed of current and signal crossing and that is all built into the 7090.500 that comes with a 6040 or any 6055 made since July 2015. The 6040 like all of our electronic pumps has a sensor that detects a foreign object and stops immediately. This is kind of like one of those faith falls where you have to trust someone will catch you so it is hard to do, but if you quickly jam your finger in the pump it stops within a tiny fraction of a second. It is something we had to do in training but it is admittedly hard to do, most people including myself hesitantly insert their finger and get a friction burn from the prop.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/22/2019, 09:51 AM   #3
david.d
Registered Member

So, if I got two of the 6055s and one 6040 and networked them together to one 790.500 controller they would all work off the same setting.

And, if I wanted to do waves or other settings where the pumps alternate, then I would need to get the 7095 controller. I'm not using an Apex or other controller.

Is this correct?

Thank you!

david.d is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/22/2019, 11:31 AM   #4
rvitko
RC Sponsor

You would need this and this

https://www.tunze.com/US/en/details/...ter-cable.html

https://www.tunze.com/US/en/details/...ontroller.html

One pump would be a master, the other two would be set to external mode and controlled by the one 7090.500.

If you wanted more sophisticated control beyond pulse or wave mode, you would need the 7095, 7097 or 7000, the 7090 has the same features as your 7092.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote