Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/15/2019, 01:00 PM   #1
PCguy21
Registered Member.

Light bulb placement order

So i habe a 4 bulb t5 fixture one of those white amazon fixtures with individual alum reflectors.. and im using two blue plus a corsl plus and purple plus.

I found it gave the best look. Light combo... For the longest time i had the bulbs arranged blue purple coral blue... but it made me wonder why split the 2 so far apart and keep the purple coral togethe.. wouldnt it be better to go blue coral blue purple ?

What do you guys think ?

PCguy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/15/2019, 01:30 PM   #2
Bpb
Registered Member

I’ve toiled over that for years when I ran t5ho. Basically, t5 is so diffused that you get terrific spectral uniformity no matter what order you place them, however due to the face that there will inevitably be SOME spectral banding I always tried to be as uniform as possible. If it were my tank I would do
Blue
Purple
Blue
Coral

Under the contingency your rocks are at a backward oriented slope like many people do (highest rocks in the back). Reason being it places the more full spectrum light directly over where the most light demanding corals should be placed. It’s probably unnecessary but every little bit helps I say. Visually I don’t think you’ll notice much difference. The coral+ and purple+ spectral characteristics are incredibly similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/15/2019, 04:23 PM   #3
PCguy21
Registered Member.

Yea my tank is a hexagon but my rocks are horse shoe shaoed with archs on the left and right

Unread 03/15/2019, 04:24 PM   #4
PCguy21
Registered Member.

Only reason i did blue coral purple blue. Was because of how similar the purple and corsl plus are.. and too much blue too close i figured would make it seem too blue in one spot.